Issue analysis and anyone got any results from DJI yet?
2730 51 2017-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nixtoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United Kingdom

Do you have any redress using your credit card or PayPal. If the item was not fit for purpose they may cover you. It would in the UK, plus with the admission from DJI that it was not pilot error?
2017-7-14
Use props
BriRi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1538845 ft
United States

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-7-14 20:05
Thank you for your feedback.
According to your case, and Mr.Hallmark's comment. Can I come to a conclusion that you'd better wear a sport cam when playing Spark to record as a proof if the drone suddenly falls from the sky?
This is actually a really sensitive case where as being a user, I would definitely want a compensation from DJI since that is totally not pilot's fault.

I'm not sure if wearing a sport cam would convince DJI at this point.

I sent them the flight record that they requested. It shows the aircraft 220ft away hovering at 15ft with minimal right yaw when record ends. I witnessed what happened next and described it in detail for them.

They say it's indeterminate cause. ALL EVIDENCE AND EYEWITNESS ACCOUNT points to catastrophic aircraft failure resulting in loss of drone. Zero evidence that pilot did anything wrong. No evidence that any of the other highly unlikely causes(bird strike, lightning, act of god) were responsible for the crash.

Basically I guess that they are saying that even though all of the data from the flight records are consistent with what I've described happened and they have no evidence of any other cause for the crash, I ( the consumer) could be lying and therefore they aren't going to fulfill their responsibility of replacing or refunding me for my loss.

Don't let this discourage you from enjoying your drone. The majority of people won't have this happen. It just sucks that a multi billion dollar company treats their own customers like this.  
2017-7-15
Use props
Webdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 674938 ft
United States

So the bottom line is : drone malfunction = 30% discount offer, just wow, what a shame ! Wonder if the issue would have been different with DJI Care Refresh ? Since it was lost, probably not.
2017-7-18
Use props
BriRi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1538845 ft
United States

Webdrone Posted at 2017-7-18 06:13
So the bottom line is : drone malfunction = 30% discount offer, just wow, what a shame ! Wonder if the issue would have been different with DJI Care Refresh ? Since it was lost, probably not.

No it wouldn't be different.  I have Refresh on the SPARK that is somewhere under water. No craft to return, no Refresh.

On the bright side DJI graciously offered to allow me to transfer my Refresh to a replacement SPARK ( as long as I paid 70% for the new one). Wooohooo
2017-7-18
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

DJI Agents may reply quick but do we indeed get the replacement of spark fast enough. My spark fell like a dead body. it was not human error. power cut off. they replied early but it been more than 10 days still no replacement.. case Pending. very sad.
2017-8-8
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

Webdrone Posted at 2017-7-12 02:21
Yes, whatever happened to all these "Spark fell from the sky" reports...that oddly seem to not occur anymore !?

Spark is a bad idea. many dead elehpant falling from skies and many issue on lost connection.
2017-8-8
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

Bobesh Posted at 2017-7-12 02:37
I'm still awaiting the reply - we will see

Mine been more than 10 days.. no reply.  Spark error. fell like a dead body. DJI Agents replied and asked for data and log but after that no replies. very sad.
2017-8-8
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

BriRi Posted at 2017-7-12 08:05
My Spark fell out of the sky and was lost. It was just hovering over a lake at about 15ft above the water and 220ft from me. I was flying with the remote watching it. Launched with 100% battery and the logs show 76% left when it shut off. No error warnings on the log. It just ends. AC was not retrievable. Refresh was purchased but cant be used because I cant find the SPARK.

I contacted DJI and sent all the flight logs they requested. It was an obvious critical battery malfunction. I had over 50 flights previous to this incident on my SPARK. I have hundreds of flights logged with my P4s and dozens of flights on a relatives Mavic Pro.

Mine.. fell into a fountain and managed to get it back after 3 days. DJI asked for log then data from the spark. we given all. it has been 10 days plus no reply. hummmm.
2017-8-8
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

Blackforce Posted at 2017-7-12 11:30
I think if it wasn't for lots of reports of disconnecting controllers, sparks flying off randomly, gestures not working then people wouldn't be in doubt about the spark

spark is a bad idea to buy
2017-8-8
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

BriRi Posted at 2017-7-12 11:48
They admit they don't know what happened with my "crash". They don't seem to want to admit that some of them seem to shut off in flight and drop. It has to be a catastrophic defect as they cant point to anything that I did wrong in the flight logs. It just shuts off and drops. I was watching it when it happened. Unfortunately it was over a lake and I can't retrieve it.

I'm a confident pilot. I've owned multiple drones from multiple manufacturers. I'm not a newbie and don't get stressed out when flying. The distance next to my screen name is only a small fraction of my experience with DJI drones. My incident was not pilot error. I expect DJI to do the right thing and won't settle for anything less.

mine too. spark is  a bad idea
2017-8-8
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

spark is a great idea, its the shoddy execution DJi had on it that's bad..  both in overall quality (like very small plastic clips holding heavy spring loaded battery in)  to the odd price cutting method used of over engineering hardware and under engineering software.
2017-8-8
Use props
ToyCarCollector
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202126 ft
United States

BriRi Posted at 2017-7-13 16:02
Yes, I've told them I didn't accept the offer and ask for a supervisor to contact me. Repeatedly. They say that their supervisor does not talk with or email customers. I told them service is the key word in customer service and continue to ask to speak with someone up the chain. They continue to offer the 30% and refuse to let me speak with anyone else.

I haven't given up though and will continue to pester them.

Since they essentially admitted that it was a defect, look at what your credit card offers as guarantees.  I recently bought a product at a hobby store that did not come close to doing what the salesperson said and they refused to take it back.  My Citibank card refunded my purchase price.  Look at your purchase protection coverage.   Also if you do get he replacement for $350 make sure that the REFRESH CARE is transfered to the new unit and still has the 2 refreshes.  I have found that in order to get really cool video you have to take risks wth the drone, that is why I have my drone still and my videos are dull and boring...
2017-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules