1234Next >
9219 158 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JCJMC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2122467 ft
Spain

Well I come from testing after reinstalling firmware, reset values and make all possible calibrations, and to 4k nothing, a minute and a half reset of gimbal and camera. At 1080 30fps and 60fps, no problems, I have not tried 2k (is that the bitrate that comes by default to 2k in P4 is somewhat low and I do not use it). The rest of P4 handling goes well, flight modes, stability and so on. If you record to 1080 without problems I will not downgrade and wait for DJI to come up with the inspiration and solutions for the firmware failures.
2017-7-29
Use props
X-ACTO!
lvl.2
Flight distance : 837799 ft
United States

Check sd card settings
2017-7-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

X-ACTO! Posted at 2017-7-29 04:47
Check sd card settings

Which SD card settings ?

This is not about 4k not recording properly due to wrongly specified SD card. It's about trying to collate information regarding a glitch that has appeared after latest firmware update that only seems to affect 4k video. Perhaps there is some relationship between sd speed and latest firmware being incompatible. Certainly all worked well prior to firmware update.
2017-7-29
Use props
JCJMC
lvl.3
Spain

DJI How long are you going to stay on vacation?
2017-7-30
Use props
Deep^Blue
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1662766 ft
Finland

Hi, another one experiencing problems with camera/gimball after new FW update. I only film in 4K  30fps. Happens randomly, and really is pain in the @ss. One time was special, during normal flight experienced image link problem, expected it to recover. Well it kinda did, image feed was back, but gimball never recovered. Camera was hanging like crazy, and gimball stayed in powered off state until I flow the craft back using map + restarted it on the ground. This firmware is full POS.

Managed to record it on video, opened up a support case and DJI asks me to send my drone to maintenance - as it was hw problem. Won't do so.

Other issues had with the FW: strong wind messages when no wind present as tested in ATTI mode, strange geofence errors when there is no geofence within hundreds of kilometers present (message stating RTH passes no-fly zone which is not true), image feed problems within few meter distance, double startup sounds every now and then, top speed in S mode seems lower than it used to be.

What does work for me (others have had probs): image quality as in no red dots etc, smooth hovering.
2017-7-31
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

P4 Roy Posted at 2017-7-14 10:24
Gave the drone a post firmware update 3 battery shakedown today, my 3840x2160/30 also spuriously stops recording, I switched to 1920x1080/60 and had no further issues. I did not have any problems with the gimbal in any resolution.

Same for me, no more 4K. Ah well, I was considering switching to 1080@60 anyway as my Yi 4K does that really well...

Flight controls all good though.
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI_camera
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Please confirm the following questions:
1. In capture mode or REC mode, take a shot or a video at the maximum resolution, and check the pictures and videos to make sure whether it has any blurs in the image.
2.In liveview, under capture mode or rec mode, make sure whether the camera has some reboot issue. Reboot issues can be seen from the indicator LED just beside the SD card place. Red light rapidly blinking means camera reboot.
3. After checking point 1 and 2, if problems still existing, please contact DJI customer service.
2017-7-31
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

charlesetischer Posted at 2017-7-31 18:48
Please confirm the following questions:
1. In capture mode or REC mode, take a shot or a video at the maximum resolution, and check the pictures and videos to make sure whether it has any blurs in the image.
2.In liveview, under capture mode or rec mode, make sure whether the camera has some reboot issue. Reboot issues can be seen from the indicator LED just beside the SD card place. Red light rapidly blinking means camera reboot.

I'm not quite sure what relevance this has to the problem many are facing after the recent firmware update to V02.00.0106.

Confirmation as requested :-)

1) Blurring of images is not part of the problem.
2) The reboot is obvious in live-view as the screen goes blank for several seconds before recovering, and the gimbal can be seen resetting on the aircraft.
3) As point 1 does not exist I shall not be contacting DJI customer service.
2017-8-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've discovered tonight that switching between NTSC & PAL (in any resolution) produces exactly the same conditions as the random reset which I have seen to occur in 4k, recording on.

Although when switching NTSC/PAL it does indicate a camera reset will occur, but I don't remember seeing the Gimbal move before in earlier firmware.

If anybody has an earlier build (Cough!) and has not yet been tempted to update to latest firmware. Could you please go into camera setting with all connected and powered up and switch between NTSC & PAL, does the screen Grey out for a second or three and the Gimbal swing to far left (from FPV perspective) before resetting back to centre ?
2017-8-3
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-3 16:13
I've discovered tonight that switching between NTSC & PAL (in any resolution) produces exactly the same conditions as the random reset which I have seen to occur in 4k, recording on.

Although when switching NTSC/PAL it does indicate a camera reset will occur, but I don't remember seeing the Gimbal move before in earlier firmware.

I'm in bed, but if nobody has responded by tomorrow morning (GMT) I'll test this out for you.
2017-8-3
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-3 16:13

I always reset the camera before every flight, switching between NTSC & PAL. This happens after the firmware update. Before the update the resetting never moved the gimbal. I want to stress this: I do it before every flight, and never in 100 flights the gimball moved anyway before the update
2017-8-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-8-3 22:25
I always reset the camera before every flight, switching between NTSC & PAL. This happens after the firmware update. Before the update the resetting never moved the gimbal. I want to stress this: I do it before every flight, and never in 100 flights the gimball moved anyway before the update

Thanks for the feedback. The Gimbal yaw might be part of the new reset process (horizon check ?), In which case the camera/Gimbal may be getting a random reset signal (thinking aloud here). I wonder if the Gimbal/video processor is getting too hot and tripping reset ?

I was hoping to find some kind of work around for 4K recording until this is fixed in firmware.
2017-8-4
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-4 02:32
Thanks for the feedback. The Gimbal yaw might be part of the new reset process (horizon check ?), In which case the camera/Gimbal may be getting a random reset signal (thinking aloud here). I wonder if the Gimbal/video processor is getting too hot and tripping reset ?

I was hoping to find some kind of work around for 4K recording until this is fixed in firmware.

Probably yes, I have this issue when I film in 4K 30 and automated modes (only the first time I was flying in normal mode), like Gesture or Active Track, when the gimbal has to work a lot to keep the subjet centered. Perhaps the CPU is unable to handle with so many data. The other day I was filming my other drone and I had to use automated modes (filming with P4 with active track while flying the other drone, I was the only pilot for both AC). and the issue appeared every minute, always with the first battery, and after 4 times, it went away and I could film without this problem. Anyway I had to fly 4 batteries to get good stuff because of the other issues. I can send you a PM with the link to the final result, I can not post it here as the other drone is another brand drone (if you want).
2017-8-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-8-4 03:48
Probably yes, I have this issue when I film in 4K 30 and automated modes (only the first time I was flying in normal mode), like Gesture or Active Track, when the gimbal has to work a lot to keep the subjet centered. Perhaps the CPU is unable to handle with so many data. The other day I was filming my other drone and I had to use automated modes (filming with P4 with active track while flying the other drone, I was the only pilot for both AC). and the issue appeared every minute, always with the first battery, and after 4 times, it went away and I could film without this problem. Anyway I had to fly 4 batteries to get good stuff because of the other issues. I can send you a PM with the link to the final result, I can not post it here as the other drone is another brand drone (if you want).

"I can not post it here as the other drone is another brand drone (if you want)."

I've never seen any objections to videos or images of other brands when posted in the forum. At worst you can always delete it if anybody were to object :-)
2017-8-4
Use props
JCJMC
lvl.3
Spain

Any news from DJI?
2017-8-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've seen nothing barring DJI Joes reply on the other threads.
2017-8-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have any noticed any changes to the 4k @ 30 fps recording stopping and Gimbal resetting with the latest builds of DJI Go 4 (V4.1.5 iOS) ?

I had a first test flight yesterday (one battery), 15 minute recording and didn't see any problems, not enough time to check it properly.
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-1 04:04
I'm not quite sure what relevance this has to the problem many are facing after the recent firmware update to V02.00.0106.

Confirmation as requested :-)

Hi, Aardvard, I had confirmed with our engineers and decided to recommend sending the drone in for repair. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your kind understanding.
2017-8-21
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
New Zealand

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-21 02:02
Hi, Aardvard, I had confirmed with our engineers and decided to recommend sending the drone in for repair. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your kind understanding.

Wait for it......[covers head with hands]. This is going to be fun.
I have demonstrated this to the New Zealand distributors of the Phantom 4. Its recommendation is to NOT send in the drone and to wait for DJI to provide a new firmware update.

2017-8-21
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
New Zealand

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-13 03:15
Have any noticed any changes to the 4k @ 30 fps recording stopping and Gimbal resetting with the latest builds of DJI Go 4 (V4.1.5 iOS) ?

I had a first test flight yesterday (one battery), 15 minute recording and didn't see any problems, not enough time to check it properly.

Try going into the camera settings and changing something like the 3D option, or the front light option. I had a stable 4K test until I changed those options. Not sure which one did stuffed things up, but after doing so, the 4K reset returned.
2017-8-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CentralOtagoKiw Posted at 2017-8-21 02:20
Try going into the camera settings and changing something like the 3D option, or the front light option. I had a stable 4K test until I changed those options. Not sure which one did stuffed things up, but after doing so, the 4K reset returned.

Thank you for the suggestions, interesting ones, I'll have a play with those settings. I seem to remember trying the red light on/off previously without success, but that would have been on 4.1.3.
2017-8-21
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
New Zealand

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-21 02:02

Latest testing on my Phantom 4 Standard, no props and motors not running:

- 4k camera reset happens on original DJI supplied Lexar 16GB U1 card and with an Adata 32GB U3 SD card.

- 4k camera reset DOES NOT occur when the SD slot is empty (no SD card installed).

- following the 4k reset, the camera settings automatically are at 1080/60fps, though this is possibly the last known good setting
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CentralOtagoKiw Posted at 2017-8-21 02:13
Wait for it......[covers head with hands]. This is going to be fun.
I have demonstrated this to the New Zealand distributors of the Phantom 4. Its recommendation is to NOT send in the drone and to wait for DJI to provide a new firmware update.

It is confirmed by our engineers. I also feel regretful for this. Since we had also submitted a similar case in another thread that we both engaged in, I will also help to get the answer for that case. Thanks for your feedback.
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CentralOtagoKiw Posted at 2017-8-21 03:26
Latest testing on my Phantom 4 Standard, no props and motors not running:

- 4k camera reset happens on original DJI supplied Lexar 16GB U1 card and with an Adata 32GB U3 SD card.

Thanks for the feedback, let me repeat once again, so recording works when there is no SD card on the drone; if there is an SD card mounted, when you attempt to record 4K video, the camera resets, then the camera setting will automatically set to 1080P/60fps, right?
2017-8-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And just to add to the confusion DJI Go V4.1.7 released today for iOS devices.

As a side note, I have not been able to replicate the 4k@30fps recording stop & gimbal reset problem since DJI Go 4 V4.1.5 (which was current until todays release).
I need to do more flying to be sure though :-)
2017-8-22
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
New Zealand

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-22 01:59

As a side note, I have not been able to replicate the 4k@30fps recording stop & gimbal reset problem since DJI Go 4 V4.1.5 (which was current until todays release).

Strangely the Go app updated on my Android device today, but the version has not changed, it still shows 4.1.5.

I've had longer sessions before a reset has occurred in subsequent testing today...but I can't say if the update has caused this.

I was getting my hopes up, but then the reset happened. Doh!
2017-8-22
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
New Zealand

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-22 01:01
Thanks for the feedback, let me repeat once again, so recording works when there is no SD card on the drone; if there is an SD card mounted, when you attempt to record 4K video, the camera resets, then the camera setting will automatically set to 1080P/60fps, right?

With no SD installed recording cannot be started (FAD I guess), but the camera reset does not occur at all when the SD card is absent. I never cache video to the tablet so cannot comment on that feature.

I have experienced the reset with the SD card installed, both while it was not recording and while it is recording.

After the reset, most often I get taken back to the last good setting that the camera used, and in today's testing also had a reset go back to the 4K setting as I'd successfully had a 4k recording session that did not fail prior.
2017-8-22
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
New Zealand

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-22 00:46
It is confirmed by our engineers. I also feel regretful for this. Since we had also submitted a similar case in another thread that we both engaged in, I will also help to get the answer for that case. Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for updating us on the fact that this is now a recognised issue by the engineers. I'm sure that means a lot to those of us stricken with the reset issue - it gives us hope a solution is going to be produced by DJI.

The feedback is appreciated.
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi all, I am so happy to tell that I got news from our engineers. They are now working on the recording issue for Phantom 4. We might have this optimized via firmware updating. Thank you all for your feedback and your assistance. Appreciate your patience and your understanding.
2017-8-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-22 04:28
Hi all, I am so happy to tell that I got news from our engineers. They are now working on the recording issue for Phantom 4. We might have this optimized via firmware updating. Thank you all for your feedback and your assistance. Appreciate your patience and your understanding.

And thank you for the update Thor, it is reassuring to know that specific problems are being looked at. I look forward to seeing the firmware release that will address all the current build problems that a significant number are seeing.
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-22 04:52
And thank you for the update Thor, it is reassuring to know that specific problems are being looked at. I look forward to seeing the firmware release that will address all the current build problems that a significant number are seeing.

We also appreciate all your feedbacks that help to locate the issue. I would also keep an eye and help to escalate the process. Thanks again.
2017-8-24
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Thanks a lot for the update Thor, appreciate it.
2017-8-24
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-24 03:09
We also appreciate all your feedbacks that help to locate the issue. I would also keep an eye and help to escalate the process. Thanks again.

Can we assume that the firmware update addresses the erratic flight behaviour? There has still been no official acknowledgement that it even exists.

I'd rather have a camera that can only record in 1080p than a drone that can't fly in a straight line.
2017-8-24
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would be a fantastic idea for you to create a specific thread to update us all, rather than have this information "hidden" in another thread.  (Not saying you hid it... it is just hidden to anyone who has not visited this thread).

You could block us from adding to the "Updates" thread, so we can see only sanctioned info from the DJI moderators.  It would REALLY help us.
2017-8-24
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
New Zealand

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-8-24 13:11
Can we assume that the firmware update addresses the erratic flight behaviour? There has still been no official acknowledgement that it even exists.

I'd rather have a camera that can only record in 1080p than a drone that can't fly in a straight line.

Fair call, but not everybody has flight problems. I for one am flying as smoothly as I ever did, except for the 4K camera issue. I have no idea why my drone isn't misbehaving in that respect, I'm just feeling lucky.

For my own part, I'm also happy that we might get a camera fix via firmware without having to wait on DJI to figure out all the system issues.

2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-8-24 13:11

Our engineers are also aware of this issue and we are doing our best to locate the problem. Once there is a solution, we will get it updated. Thank you for bringing us the attention, hope we can get it addressed shortly.
2017-8-25
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-22 01:59

I'll reply to myself here. Video stopped and gimbal reset this afternoon during a test hover. So will have to await next firmware.
2017-8-25
Use props
JCJMC
lvl.3
Spain

Something new?
2017-8-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well the new bit was DJI Go 4.1.7 and the fact that I hadn't seen this after V4.1.5 after a few batteries worth of testing. Just on the off-chance that it may have been App' related.
And just to back that up it happened again today within a couple of minutes.

Other than that nothing new.
2017-8-29
Use props
JCJMC
lvl.3
Spain

We're still waiting for DJI to do something positive once ...
2017-9-3
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules