6671 56 2017-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

They are allowing us to keep the initial batch, and giving full refunds and 60% off the next batch.  Really Great Customer Service.
2017-7-21
Use props
I love Drones
lvl.2
Taiwan

Gone with freewell construction is much different
2017-7-21
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

virtguy Posted at 2017-7-20 07:43
I got an email stating that PolarPro had identified a problem that affects some Sparks, and they're issuing a full refund and offering a 60% discount to those that wish to repurchase updated filters in a few weeks.  That's fantastic customer service in my book.  Thanks!

Which brings me back to the point of get the filters out before all glitches are ironed out. Updated filters in a few weeks makes me laugh. Should read - Filters designed the way they should have been in the 1st place. I know it reads - some Spark's but shouldn't effect any Spark's for the price of such a small filter. Well done PP for identifying the issue and cancelling/refunding people.
2017-7-21
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

I did get an email from the Operations Manager of PolarPro explaining the situation:

"Thanks to our customers we have located an issue on the back of the filter which causes the gimbal to drop downward under full throttle.  No harm is caused to the gimbal but this does interfere with footage capture. Luckily this issue came to light before your order was shipped. The reason you received tracking information was because your label was already printed. We want to make sure we deliver outstanding products and more importantly outstanding customer service, so we initiated a full refund for your Spark Filters."

Makes me feel better about PolarPro and their response to problems with their products.

2017-7-22
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-7-21 19:40
They are allowing us to keep the initial batch, and giving full refunds and 60% off the next batch.  Really Great Customer Service.

I agree, excellent customer service and I actually haven't had any problems with the filters.  They sent a full refund anyway.  Gotta luv that!  
2017-7-22
Use props
virtguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229596 ft
United States

With all the uncertainty around the future of the Spark and OTG cable, I decided to sell my Spark and ordered a Mavic (should be here today).  Polar Pro's response to this issue ensured that I paid the premium and ordered the Polar Pro ND filters for the Mavic instead of trying out another brand.
2017-7-24
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Off topic, curious how you sold your Spark.
2017-7-24
Use props
virtguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229596 ft
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-7-24 05:21
Off topic, curious how you sold your Spark.

I'll let you know once I sell it.    The Mavic will be here today and then I'll work on selling the Spark.  Probably on my neighborhood Facebook buy/sell/trade group, or perhaps Craigslist.
2017-7-24
Use props
evrylttlthng
lvl.1
United States

virtguy Posted at 2017-7-19 11:50
Did yours actually snap into place?  There's no snap when I mount mine.  The pins go into the grooves on the back of the gimbal, and a small lip on the front of the filter goes under the camera lens, but there's no click or pressure holding it on.  It lifts off with just the slightest touch; even came loose turning the Spark upside down.  Curious to know if that's abnormal.

(Sorry for the delay in responding)
Mine definitely holds on tight - with the pins in and lens over the camera, it takes a fair amount of effort to take it off. I've carried the drone sideways/upside down and I've had no issue. I've now used all three lens and they all hold tight.
2017-7-25
Use props
fansa0b30e60
lvl.1
United States

So another shoutout to PP's excellent customer service.

I ordered the 3 pack since thats all I needed. That order was early last week
I received shipping notice and the package was actually on its way to me.
One day before they were expected to arrive, I receive the polar pro full refund.
Having not received the cancellation email, probably because I purchased the item via Paypal checkout and I do not have a polar pro web site login account, I asked around on RC GROUPS to which Blade posted the email contents. I had also sent an email to Polar Pro and received a reply within 24 hours as to why the cancellation.

So fast forward to last Thursday, I received the package. Much to my surprise, I had received the full 6 filter kit, even though my order was for the 3 filter kit.
Polar Pro said keep them and I will also receive a coupon code for 60% off for the updated filters.

Since I do not primarily fly in sport mode, the filters, as they are designed now, work perfectly and stay put when flying in normal mode where I am at 99% of the time.

Anyone saying Polar Pro customer service sucks just doesn't have it right.
And just as a reminder to you, if you never created an actual Polar Pro web site account and only purchased items using the quick paypal purchase link, you aren't in their customer database, so this is most likely why I and others never received the actual explanation email that they sent out.

2017-7-25
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

One last bit of praise to this awesome company.  I also received the 6 pack as opposed to the 3 that I ordered.  They mostly work fairly well, except at full tilt. The build quality is fantastic.  I got my refund and a 60% off version 2.0 when them come out.  The kicker, I get to keep these.  Who does that?  Nice job Polar Pro.  You got yourselves a customer for life.
2017-7-28
Use props
daviden
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119003 ft
Denmark

Quick question.
The filters they're selling on the site right now, is the issue fixed on those? Thinking of ordering.
2017-8-9
Use props
jsfilmz0412
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13428 ft
  • >>>
United States

2017-8-9
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

New filters were released yesterday.  The cinematic ones look awesome.
2017-8-9
Use props
Neil Jack
lvl.1

Russia

Hello guys,

I am using Freewell filter 6 pack  all day for my spark they have very good stuff. They have extremely light in weight so no effect on gimbal.
2017-8-9
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I don't like the mounting method for the freewells, but glad they are working for you.
2017-8-10
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-20 10:01
Posted over on the RC Groups Forum:

I just tried mine today and had lots of problems. Gimball overload, jello in the video, not good. I had bought them in december 2018 but never got to try them because it was winter here and after that it was the ridiculous law in Canada to get a pilot license to fly it, so I just got that damn stupid license and tried it today, they are bad, very bad. I never got the email and offer to replace them. I bought them from Henry's in Canada.
2020-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules