POLL: RTH with Speed setting..........
6377 42 2017-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft

I do think in bad weather you should take control if you can however it would be nice if the drone could dynamically adjust it's speed to compensate for a head wind ......

DJI must be able to code for that....
2018-10-16
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-21 07:57
I suppose it might be difficult to plan and set RTH for every flight, so a RTH in sports mode what if you haven't set correct values, would mean a lot more trouble if crashed,
I suppose you could set minimum height but this would obviously a lot higher more wind higher up, and then you have the problem of landing speed, much faster, with auto control could be problems.
From what I read around here many use RTH most of the time because they can't be bothered or they feel it will do a better job than them.

After reading all posts so far in this thread, I think the most sensible comment is the last sentence in post #8 from hallmark007. Just my opinion mind.
2021-12-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't think I have done an RTH is sports mode with a M2P/Z but if an RTH is done in sports mode with a Mavic Mini the return speed can be increased by using the forward stick.

That said is the preset RTH speed perhaps the 'most economical' speed (in still air) in terms of distance covered per percent of battery usage?
2021-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules