12886 154 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345827 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks man!   I know we got a bit off track with this thread.... but it's all just communication.  :-)
2017-7-26
Use props
Convert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6129 ft
United Kingdom

Blimey, is that your personal collection Mr Wolf?

If so what's the personal protection scenario where the telescopic sight comes in handy?

Talking like that is like from a different world if you live in Europe.
2017-7-26
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Convert Posted at 2017-7-26 06:58
Blimey, is that your personal collection Mr Wolf?

If so what's the personal protection scenario where the telescopic sight comes in handy?

hey!  i take offense.. are you suggesting europe isn't an ideal place for "telescopic sights"?  because i disagree...

just kidding!  you cant really compare Europe to the states...  its massively different cultures, like comparing apples to coconuts..  

i have a few rifles with some decent vortex scopes.   in my area we have rifle ranges some have 1000+ yards..   many of us gun owners are for the sport of it.. whether that is recreational or hunting..  most gun owners have shotguns and pistols for protection and home defense..
2017-7-26
Use props
Convert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6129 ft
United Kingdom

Ah, sorry my mistake I misunderstood your post with the photo on it. I thought you were saying that in your city there are so many wrong'uns with guns that you need gun(s) for your personal protection but if you could you'd like them all to go away. But actually you saying you are a gun owner who likes guns and playing with guns who coincidentally has some more for personal protection.

Just as an aside (as the thread is thoroughly derailed already!), because it's interesting to hear about different cultures, if there are stories of multiple shooting every day in your city how many daily parallel stories are there in the news about gun owners whipping out their arsenal, fighting back and saving the day? Just trying to work out how effective it is as a defence solution.
2017-7-26
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flying Wolf_NOL Posted at 2017-7-26 05:39
Well, it may surprise you that I don't disagree. If they could all be made to disappear with the wave of a hand, I'd be all for it. However, the criminals will always have them.

The can of worms has been opened here for a long time. In my city, there are multiple shooting EVERY day!  I don't like it either. However, we're left with no choice but to fight fire with fire.

That was slightly dramatic mate,  and I adore my gun.
2017-7-26
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Convert Posted at 2017-7-26 07:41
Ah, sorry my mistake I misunderstood your post with the photo on it. I thought you were saying that in your city there are so many wrong'uns with guns that you need gun(s) for your personal protection but if you could you'd like them all to go away. But actually you saying you are a gun owner who likes guns and playing with guns who coincidentally has some more for personal protection.

Just as an aside (as the thread is thoroughly derailed already!), because it's interesting to hear about different cultures, if there are stories of multiple shooting every day in your city how many daily parallel stories are there in the news about gun owners whipping out their arsenal, fighting back and saving the day? Just trying to work out how effective it is as a defence solution.

I live just about 10 minutes south of New Orleans. There are many shootings per day. The stories of people fighting off someone are indeed rare and, even if that were the case, it isn't presented that way in the media.  However, I also subscribe to a publication for conceal carry weapon folks and they publish several stories per month of just that type of thing.  Many are home invasion stories where things did go as the invader had expected.  I love to read those stories.   :-)
2017-7-26
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-7-26 07:15
hey!  i take offense.. are you suggesting europe isn't an ideal place for "telescopic sights"?  because i disagree...

just kidding!  you cant really compare Europe to the states...  its massively different cultures, like comparing apples to coconuts..  

Exactly!  Of course not all of these are for 'protection'. Many are just because I wanted them. I like to go to the rifle range and test my skills.  

I also collect things.  No ill will here. In fact, one is my daughter's and one is my wife's (I paid for them of course). I think I have have added to the collection since this photo was taken.
2017-7-26
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-7-26 10:05
That was slightly dramatic mate,  and I adore my gun.

Dramatic?

Among my friends I have the smallest collection. I'm always told that I have catching up to do!   :-)
2017-7-26
Use props
Sparky Mike
lvl.2
United States

If this is still the "afraid to fly your spark" thread, my answer is no. I just keep pushing it. Why did I buy it if I didn't intend to fly it? I fly it over water, up to 400 feet, out and around, and then I fly it back. When the app crashes I just re-open it (I always fly with the RC and OTG cable with my Galaxy S8+). I've crashed it and I had to replace one prop. Total flight time 4hr 29min, 38,009 feet, 59 flights. Top distance 4,651 feet top speed 33.1mph. And those totals DON'T include some of the times the app crashed and didn't collect data!

If I lose it, I lose it. But I'm not going to let it sit around.
2017-7-27
Use props
bapski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56171 ft
United States

today is the second day ive had my FLY MORE COMBO but i am yet to fully fly it. i tried to do a palm launch indoors (with the spark connected to the RC) and the propellers whirled madly that it felt like it will go through the roof!! i just held on the spark preventing it from flying and i couldnt figure out how to STOP it.. i tried the manual button presses, RTH and power off on the RC, and their seemed nothing on the DJI APP to power it off either.. i just prayed that the battery will drain fast enough... and sure thing the battery just run out and it powered down! i guess i should be start familiarizing with my first drone OUTSIDE first.. its just that i came home late in the evening for me to fly it outside.
2017-7-27
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

bapski Posted at 2017-7-27 10:34
today is the second day ive had my FLY MORE COMBO but i am yet to fully fly it. i tried to do a palm launch indoors (with the spark connected to the RC) and the propellers whirled madly that it felt like it will go through the roof!! i just held on the spark preventing it from flying and i couldnt figure out how to STOP it.. i tried the manual button presses, RTH and power off on the RC, and their seemed nothing on the DJI APP to power it off either.. i just prayed that the battery will drain fast enough... and sure thing the battery just run out and it powered down! i guess i should be start familiarizing with my first drone OUTSIDE first.. its just that i came home late in the evening for me to fly it outside.

Reading the owners manual is a good place to begin when first flying
2017-7-27
Use props
bapski
lvl.3
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-27 13:32
Reading the owners manual is a good place to begin when first flying

got the DJI REFRESH and flew with a bit of confidence yesterday.  I was able to fly it! first RTH freaked me out when it started to ascend! at least I know now what happens when it RTH....

hopefully I can fly it more this weekend in Canada.
2017-7-28
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204094 ft
  • >>>
United States

During a recent trip to Idaho, I almost lost my Spark. I was flying around my parents 20 acres with the controller, and all of a sudden it when in to atti mode with a Mag interference error.  Spark started flying off by itself.  I had to switch in to sport mode and get control of it.  I was able to bring it back, and the GPS went green again, and I was able to land.  Haven't had a problem since, but it made me skiddish the whole trip.
2017-7-28
Use props
Jack_Sweeney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634692 ft
United States

No but after learning that return to home at current atti only works when 2.5 or higher so mine went up to 2.5m since it was below hit a tree and fell and there's a little niche by the camera and it bothers me but works fine
2017-7-28
Use props
Zirconn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 242920 ft
Romania

Post firmware update, knowing that they added more battery status logging, probably in other places too, I fly it without fear. Also, I'm a drone noob so in the beginning, I was very cautious. Now that I've learned the ropes, I'm enjoying it a lot more. If it crashes, they will fix/replace it.
2017-7-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Jack_Sweeney Posted at 2017-7-28 10:23
No but after learning that return to home at current atti only works when 2.5 or higher so mine went up to 2.5m since it was below hit a tree and fell and there's a little niche by the camera and it bothers me but works fine

You can disable that, it's very important to know parameters of RTH you can read all this in your manual.
2017-7-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes learn to master outdoors in open field , before trying indoors. You could have just turned your spark over past 90 degrees and motors would have shutdown. I.e. Turn it over. Watch tutorials and read as much as you can.
Good luck..
2017-7-28
Use props
Jack_Sweeney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634692 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-28 15:06
You can disable that, it's very important to know parameters of RTH you can read all this in your manual.

Yeah I did after that happend
2017-7-28
Use props
Its_Big_Dee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266024 ft
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-7-25 19:18
its expensive...  she sees it as a toy.  which kind of honestly bothers me because..... i dont know it just does bother me..

she like, "you should get another ATV or something instead.. or get something to fix up the off road trails up at the family farm or something... dont waste $1000+ on a toy!"   

Booooooooooo
2017-7-28
Use props
Euro7r
lvl.2
Canada

Quite cautious about flying since I am a beginner and don't want to lose or break this.  
2017-7-28
Use props
fansec551730
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294432 ft
Australia

if you watch the video in question the guy following the girl on bike is constantly looking at the controller fiddling whilst riding with one hand, my guess is he unknowingly triggered it to fly in dronie seeing !!
2017-7-29
Use props
Monochrome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12710 ft
Netherlands

Next time just flip the drone upside down. It will shut down.
2017-7-29
Use props
ciesnik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238750 ft
Germany

i was afraid right after reading the reports. and yesterday i lost my spark in fact. it suddenly switched to atti mode in 100m height and it was impossible to control it. it flew away, lost signal, lost sight, lost the drone.
2017-7-30
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

I did find a video of Spark going CRAZY , how do you think guys , it was wind gust or GPS/Compass error ?
2017-7-30
Use props
BTDronedThat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19524 ft
United States

fans3aaff045 Posted at 2017-7-25 23:05
For the most part, my drone has been alright, but i did have problems on 3 of my flights. during the start up of it hovering, my drone would disconnect and say on my controller ( phone connected by cord ) that the aircraft disconnected. my drone would hover and soon try to land in the home point. then after a few seconds i would slowly regain signal. i would try to fly it but seem a bit scared for its future to be honest. but hopefully ill be getting back to flight soon as Dji handles this problem. happy flying! ( hopefully soon )

This exact issue just started to happen to me 3 times.
OTG and Wifi on iPhone 7.
Haven't had any issues since last Friday. Everything started today. Only difference I can see is it was a little hot outside about 84f degrees can't think of anything else.
Also it I hear theories about bad SD cards. My SD card was almost full today not sure if any relation.
2017-7-30
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

You dont need otg and wifi its either one or the other.... They will conflict and could end up pretty bad
2017-7-30
Use props
BTDronedThat
lvl.1
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-7-30 15:44
You dont need otg and wifi its either one or the other.... They will conflict and could end up pretty bad

Actually I meant to say the problem was there when using OTG only and when using Wifi connection only as well.  So on both scenarios the connection was lost. Luckily it returned home and hovered until I turned the controller back on an regained connection. Pretty scary
2017-7-30
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
United States

Ok got ya yea man sucks dude sometimes when connection is lost it's not a bad thing could be interference that's why it will return to home after 3 seconds so what I'm saying is it's not a defect like if flying out a couple hundred ft and something is in the way you will lose connection or if your antenna isn't properly placed in the right direction you will lose connection it should return to home which is a Fail-Safe
2017-7-30
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
United States

I don't think that guy knew how to fly at all you could even hear him saying oops wrong way plus it looked way too windy
2017-7-30
Use props
BTDronedThat
lvl.1
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-7-30 15:51
Ok got ya yea man sucks dude sometimes when connection is lost it's not a bad thing could be interference that's why it will return to home after 3 seconds so what I'm saying is it's not a defect like if flying out a couple hundred ft and something is in the way you will lose connection or if your antenna isn't properly placed in the right direction you will lose connection it should return to home which is a Fail-Safe

Sadly it was close to me at all time on my back yard
Once it failed the first time I tried few more times keeping it close to me and it failed after few minutes. I tried to export the log files but the Assistance 2 is not working 100% on my Mac. It acts like it's exporting the logs but it doesn't do anything
2017-7-30
Use props
BTDronedThat
lvl.1
United States

BTDronedThat Posted at 2017-7-30 16:09
Sadly it was close to me at all time on my back yard
Once it failed the first time I tried few more times keeping it close to me and it failed after few minutes. I tried to export the log files but the Assistance 2 is not working 100% on my Mac. It acts like it's exporting the logs but it doesn't do anything

Update: I flew 2 batteries one on OTG and one on Wi-Fi and had no issues.
It was 74F degrees outside this time.  I’m not sure what to think of other than overheating.
2017-7-30
Use props
fans665a76ad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

My remote is beeping after about 20 seconds of booting up -clearly some kind of error warning. Absolutely gutted cause Im on holiday in a droners  paradise

.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/trave ... Plitvice-Lakes.html

Don't think i dare rely on wi fi using my phone.

So the answer is no-i won't be using my new Spark
2017-7-31
Use props
bapski
lvl.3
United States

so, i brought my spark with us on our camping trip in Canada.  and i credit its erratic behavior to user error i.e. not properly extending my hand so the spark can recognize it.

BUT on two occasions, while trying to PALM LAUNCH the drone will attempt to hover up but all of a sudden fell off to to the ground!!! good thing it was just about my shoulder height (im 6'0) so no damage! of course this freaked me out and did not attempt using the RC or the IPHONE.

i tried to do a palm launch again when i got home and it worked well from launching to landing. wonder what the cause was why it fell to the ground. battery was at 100%.

would this cases of the  dreaded "FALLING TO THE GROUND" issue?
2017-8-1
Use props
LOKY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

Flying Wolf_NOL Posted at 2017-7-26 05:19
Coming from a guy who's been married for about 30 years.... it can be an issue.

My dad has the perfect solution. When my mom starts telling him what he should do, he will say two words;  "I'll decide."  No matter what she says after that, for as long as she tries to convince him of her point, he will say nothing else but that. She eventually gets tired of hearing that and stops talking.  LOL

"She doesn't even know that I bought the Spark" , are you sure about that ? I would not be so sure, women are far smarter as we are.

I bet she is looking as we speak in a U$ 700 pair of shoes.

"that is an expensive pair of shoes sweet!!"
"at least my shoes doesn't drop from sky"
"silence . . . "
2017-8-1
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

But "yes" for only specific conditions.  I don't trust the drone enough to fly with just gestures.  I was testing gestures-only in front of my house, and the drone would not "beckon" back to me.  So there it was, stuck in the air until it decided to RTH.  I won't fly in gesture mode without the phone and remote close at hand.  Otherwise, I have enough confidence in the drone to fly it (with RC) over water and through trees.
2017-8-1
Use props
Domsz06
lvl.1
United States

dezign999 Posted at 2017-7-25 13:50
Right now, yes. I won't fly again until the firmware update.

update didn't solve my problems.
2017-8-1
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Maybe we should bring up this Topic again? I would like to change my vote to "Yes, scared"
Reading every day from more "dropped, lost, shut down..." I am now a little bit scared and will fly my spark not over water anymore until we know what is going on or dji gives a 100% free replacement and not only a 30% coupon for a new spark.
2017-8-3
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

Now I am too.
2017-8-3
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-8-3 05:56
I think the number is minor, the only mistake DJI making is that they are not honest telling customer what is going on. If it is bad quality, they should take responsibility and recall.
I still think it is the product quality issue here. If it is firmware (software), all Sparks would have problem, not just a few.

A little bit too much of "think, should, would" for me.. Everything is just a speculation until Dji says somthing about it official.
2017-8-3
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

I think the number is minor, the only mistake DJI making is that they are not honest telling customer what is going on. If it is bad quality, they should take responsibility and recall.
I still think it is the product quality issue here. If it is firmware (software), all Sparks would have problem, not just a few.
2017-8-3
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules