6110 104 2017-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tsolsi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1577500 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Even though entertaining as it is, let's keep this thread related to the issue please
(I wanted to remove this post after I posted it, but appareantly it is either impossible or I just lack the knowledge on how to remove a post after it's being posted)
2017-8-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tsolsi Posted at 2017-8-8 05:54
I played around with the spark before the accident happened, also using my mobile phone. In that mode it decided to land instead of RTH so I figured, cool they really thought about that! So I expected it to be the same in gesture mode.

DJI further replies to my by e-mail: And to address your concern, It is not normal that is going on RTH once gesture is initiated.

So I take it from your contact with dji we are now to believe that your case was a one off and all those using gesture while connected to RC on RTH it will just land, just FYI mine also goes into Failsafe rth using gesture mode outside 20 metres, so maybe mine is also faulty. It does however land when it's inside 20 metres of homepoint.
2017-8-8
Use props
Tsolsi
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-8 08:34
So I take it from your contact with dji we are now to believe that your case was a one off and all those using gesture while connected to RC on RTH it will just land, just FYI mine also goes into Failsafe rth using gesture mode outside 20 metres, so maybe mine is also faulty. It does however land when it's inside 20 metres of homepoint.

DJI is always very short in their givings of information asked, I don't have any more details except that one sentence telling me that it was not supposed to happen.

Maybe they mean that it should not happen but still happens occasionally and that it will be fixed in the next update. Multiple interpretations are possible I guess.
Maybe they just agree that it is not normal but that it is something that happens if the situation presents itself,
Maybe it's just an abnormal normal thing.

idk, maybe yours is indeed faulty as well
2017-8-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tsolsi Posted at 2017-8-8 09:46
DJI is always very short in their givings of information asked, I don't have any more details except that one sentence telling me that it was not supposed to happen.

Maybe they mean that it should not happen but still happens occasionally and that it will be fixed in the next update. Multiple interpretations are possible I guess.

Maybe it is but since I got it that's how I understood it worked, I don't have a problem with that, I would like to know exactly how gesture with no device works, because I tried mine today and it has some conflict with others.
So I'm using gesture without device I wave it away 32% battery , low battery set at 20% when it reached what I could only speculate was 20% approx 2 minutes it descended to about 1.2 metres stayed hovering for another 1 minute and just landed, this is also the same as from day 1, my firmware did not change this, it's still the same.
2017-8-8
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

No more negativity on my part.  I am glad that there may be a possible positive solution to this situation.  I hope you receive the ac back in time.  If DJI gets better about customer service it only benefits the entire community.  Good luck.
2017-8-8
Use props
Tsolsi
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-8 10:00
Maybe it is but since I got it that's how I understood it worked, I don't have a problem with that, I would like to know exactly how gesture with no device works, because I tried mine today and it has some conflict with others.
So I'm using gesture without device I wave it away 32% battery , low battery set at 20% when it reached what I could only speculate was 20% approx 2 minutes it descended to about 1.2 metres stayed hovering for another 1 minute and just landed, this is also the same as from day 1, my firmware did not change this, it's still the same.

Yes that is exactly how it should be, also how it should be "with" device connected (in my humble opinion), since chasing it back to home point can be a real pain (except when you are above water quite pointless and also replaces extra Jedi minutes with chase your drone minutes), and not being able to take off to reach home point proved to be... well u know, pain for idiots like me.

We'll see where it goes

2017-8-8
Use props
Tsolsi
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-8-8 10:47
No more negativity on my part.  I am glad that there may be a possible positive solution to this situation.  I hope you receive the ac back in time.  If DJI gets better about customer service it only benefits the entire community.  Good luck.

Thank's & I'll keep u guys posted on the process Even loving the customer service despite their short answers in sometimes not so great English.

2017-8-8
Use props
Tsolsi
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

They told me I could glue it after I shipped it back, and then I could use care refresh only after (no warranty). Also that warranty is only applicable in the country where you bought it, and care refresh in the country where that is bought. So they adviced me to send it anyhow .
2017-8-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Tsolsi Posted at 2017-8-8 05:44
I now have a RMA Case number: CAS-872731-Z5H0D4

I have posted the package today.

No worries, the repair center will take care of it after it arrived, I'll keep an eye on it also. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
2017-8-9
Use props
Tsolsi
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Well to keep everyone updated, the most simple part "damage assessment" (seeing that there is a broken arm) is supposed to take 1-2 working days. It is taking 4 working days already to see that the arm broke awesome.. this is never going to be done in time
2017-8-18
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

in the end, it was a sad experience and feel your pain.  Hope it doesn't happen to any off us.
2017-8-18
Use props
Tsolsi
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

I regret not glueing the piece back myself. I hope nobody else ever has to go through this.
2017-8-19
Use props
Tsolsi
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

How and why, I thought that was all done while talking on this forum. What is this? Dear DJI could you please expedite the process, I thought everything was already clear.
Screenshot_20170821-211135.png
2017-8-21
Use props
Tsolsi
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

If it ships tomorrow I could still take it to Australia, otherwise a whole new set of headache will emerge.
2017-8-21
Use props
Tsolsi
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-9 01:01
No worries, the repair center will take care of it after it arrived, I'll keep an eye on it also. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

I'm quite worried at the moment, repair center and the support help line all say different things. Repair center is asking for money and was not on time, the help center is saying it's going to be expedited and that I would get an update the next day (which is about a week ago now and nothing happened). And at the moment I'm already in Australia. This whole thing is giving me a headache, I wish I just glued the thing. All the warranty suggestions seemed so promising but now I feel misled and twisted out of money and time which was never necessary to begin with.

Diana, can you please help?
Best of regards,
Daniël
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Tsolsi Posted at 2017-8-29 08:26
I'm quite worried at the moment, repair center and the support help line all say different things. Repair center is asking for money and was not on time, the help center is saying it's going to be expedited and that I would get an update the next day (which is about a week ago now and nothing happened). And at the moment I'm already in Australia. This whole thing is giving me a headache, I wish I just glued the thing. All the warranty suggestions seemed so promising but now I feel misled and twisted out of money and time which was never necessary to begin with.

Diana, can you please help?

Tsolsi, I've checked your case, our engineers analyzed the flight data of this flight, I am sorry to say that this is a pilot error, you need to pay for the repair. As you can see the details below.
1)Aircraft worked at GPS mode in flight.
2)The pilot used Gesture control mode, then at t=682s, h=3m, d=137m, 27% battery power, the aircraft initiated intelligent low battery RTH procedure, and the return height setting was 100 meters, the aircraft began to ascend.
3)At t=685s, h=4m, the aircraft crashed while ascending.
Conclusion: Pilot did not pay attention to surrounding flight condition and battery power using,
2017-8-31
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I think the gesture mode should be limited to a 20 meter radius of the home point. As you would use your hand to move the drone around for a selfie. If the battery dies, it just lands. That way it can't ascend into trees with a RTH. If you need to walk further away from the home point, set a new one as you walk.
2017-8-31
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-6 14:48
It's not gesture mode without being connected to the app, OP was using RC and app and had switched to gesture through the app.

His homepoint was where he started flying which is correct for all modes when using RC and app.

It still initiated RTH while in gesture mode, regardless of the controller or phone connected. You can put it in gesture mode and turn off your controller and phone and it stays in gesture mode. The issue is the RTH is enabled. In gesture mode it should just lower to 1.5m from the ground and wait for you to initiate palm landing. Sure if the battery is at critical then it should land but at its current location.
2017-8-31
Use props
Tsolsi
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-31 00:52
Tsolsi, I've checked your case, our engineers analyzed the flight data of this flight, I am sorry to say that this is a pilot error, you need to pay for the repair. As you can see the details below.
2)The pilot used Gesture control mode, then at t=682s, h=3m, d=137m, 27% battery power, the aircraft initiated intelligent low battery RTH procedure, and the return height setting was 100 meters, the aircraft began to ascend.

All the info supplied was in line with what the engineers found, the suggestions by support were that it was a warranty case. I feel misled by DJI. What are the options to have it send back unrepaired?
2017-8-31
Use props
Tsolsi
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Blessie (Support)
8月8日 01:59 CST

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for writing us back.

We have applied the repair information into our system.
Your Case No. is : CAS-872731-Z5H0D4 and Just to set your expectations, the normal repair process will take approximately 10-15 business days excluding shipping if ever you will not received the aircraft within your time frame we suggest to please ask for your any relatives or friends to receive the package after repair on your Netherlands address and ask to shipped it on your Australia address so you will be able to take advantage of your warranty  or your service plan.

And to address your concern, It is not normal that is going on RTH once gesture is initiated.

We will request the UPS label for you and you will receive it within 2 business days.

With the UPS Shipping Label:
1) After receiving an email from UPS with your shipping label, click on *retrieve label* and print the page.
2) You can bring it to a local post deposit.
3) You can call UPS to make an appointment for the pickup.

Note: Failure to complete any steps below may cause delays in your repair, and could require our logistics team to ship your product back without repair service provided.

1. Please fill in completely with your details with a proper description of the issue you have now.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/dji-www/uploads/files/DJI%252bGlobal%252bTechnical%252bSupport%252bForm%252bFor%252bEnd%252bUsers.docx

2. Please attach a printed version to every item in the parcel, together with a proof of purchaseas well as the email address you used to activate your product (if applicable). The exclusion of either may disqualify you from obtaining warranty service or delay service. Please send us a copy of your proof of purchase and keep the original proof of purchase for your records.

3. Please ship the product with the completed DJI Global Technical Support Form linked above and mark with the words ‘RMA’ on the outside of the package.

4. If you are a resident of a non-EU country like Switzerland or Norway please write the following text on the box “DEFECT UNIT - NO COMMERCIAL VALUE”.

5. Please do not send any damaged, swollen or leaking batteries to DJI for repair/replacement. If such batteries are sent, the customer will be held directly responsible for any accident occurring during shipment. If DJI receives a damaged or swollen battery it will not be sent back to the customer for danger of an accident occurring during transport.

6. Donot ship any Non-DJI equipment, such as aircraft third-party accessories, third-party cases, SD cards, or third-party transmitters. If you choose to send in any of these items, you acknowledge that DJI is not liable for any of these products and that we are unable to test your DJI products with any third-party equipment.

7. If you request not to proceed with these repair services, you will be liable for payment of return delivery of your product(s), as well as possible the cost of diagnosis.

8. By using the UPS Pick Up service enabled by DJI Europe you agree that you use this service on your own risk. DJI Europe is not responsible for any lost or damaged packages. In such an event it is up to the customer himself to contact UPS for further explanation and action.

We will inform you of any repair costs after we complete a full diagnostics report for the unit. Please carefully read our Warranty Policy at: http://www.dji.com/service and you can keep track of your repair status by visiting the link below: http://www.dji.com/support/repair-trace.

By sending in your product for repair, you agree that you have read and accepted the repair terms as stated above.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI Europe Support, Mon-Fri 8:30AM - 5:00PM (UTC+1) via the following three channels:

Tel Support: +31 20 654 5202
Email: support.eu@dji.com
Online Support: http://www.dji.com/support#after

Thank you for choosing DJI.

Best regards,

Blessie C.
DJI Technical Support

Could you please honour the statement made by support this one time so I'll trust DJI again?

Kind regards,
Daniël
2017-8-31
Use props
Tsolsi
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

I have now send this to DJI support, hoping for a honest solution.

Please send it back unrepaired for free, the drone has been send off due to misleading DJI support suggestions, I'll glue the piece back myself. Or (preferably) you could do the righteous thing and be consistent with information provided prior to sending off my drone (which would be the most honest way to go).

This repair request would never have been made if it was not due to the false information provided by your support staff. Please read the attached E-mail provided by support prior to sending it off to repair. And please shed some light for possible alternative interpretations on this part:  "And to address your concern, It is not normal that is going on RTH once gesture is initiated."

I interpreted it as this will be a warranty case. I would highly appreciate it if responsibility for the misleading information provided prior to sending off my drone was taken.

Below you find the (quite misleading) E-mail send by your support staff.

Kind regards, Daniël

Blessie (Support)
8月8日 01:59 CST

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for writing us back.

We have applied the repair information into our system.
Your Case No. is : CAS-872731-Z5H0D4 and Just to set your expectations, the normal repair process will take approximately 10-15 business days excluding shipping if ever you will not received the aircraft within your time frame we suggest to please ask for your any relatives or friends to receive the package after repair on your Netherlands address and ask to shipped it on your Australia address so you will be able to take advantage of your warranty  or your service plan.

And to address your concern, It is not normal that is going on RTH once gesture is initiated.

We will request the UPS label for you and you will receive it within 2 business days.

With the UPS Shipping Label:
1) After receiving an email from UPS with your shipping label, click on *retrieve label* and print the page.
2) You can bring it to a local post deposit.
3) You can call UPS to make an appointment for the pickup.

Note: Failure to complete any steps below may cause delays in your repair, and could require our logistics team to ship your product back without repair service provided.

1. Please fill in completely with your details with a proper description of the issue you have now.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/dji-www/uploads/files/DJI%252bGlobal%252bTechnical%252bSupport%252bForm%252bFor%252bEnd%252bUsers.docx

2. Please attach a printed version to every item in the parcel, together with a proof of purchaseas well as the email address you used to activate your product (if applicable). The exclusion of either may disqualify you from obtaining warranty service or delay service. Please send us a copy of your proof of purchase and keep the original proof of purchase for your records.

3. Please ship the product with the completed DJI Global Technical Support Form linked above and mark with the words ‘RMA’ on the outside of the package.

4. If you are a resident of a non-EU country like Switzerland or Norway please write the following text on the box “DEFECT UNIT - NO COMMERCIAL VALUE”.

5. Please do not send any damaged, swollen or leaking batteries to DJI for repair/replacement. If such batteries are sent, the customer will be held directly responsible for any accident occurring during shipment. If DJI receives a damaged or swollen battery it will not be sent back to the customer for danger of an accident occurring during transport.

6. Donot ship any Non-DJI equipment, such as aircraft third-party accessories, third-party cases, SD cards, or third-party transmitters. If you choose to send in any of these items, you acknowledge that DJI is not liable for any of these products and that we are unable to test your DJI products with any third-party equipment.

7. If you request not to proceed with these repair services, you will be liable for payment of return delivery of your product(s), as well as possible the cost of diagnosis.

8. By using the UPS Pick Up service enabled by DJI Europe you agree that you use this service on your own risk. DJI Europe is not responsible for any lost or damaged packages. In such an event it is up to the customer himself to contact UPS for further explanation and action.

We will inform you of any repair costs after we complete a full diagnostics report for the unit. Please carefully read our Warranty Policy at: http://www.dji.com/service and you can keep track of your repair status by visiting the link below: http://www.dji.com/support/repair-trace.

By sending in your product for repair, you agree that you have read and accepted the repair terms as stated above.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI Europe Support, Mon-Fri 8:30AM - 5:00PM (UTC+1) via the following three channels:

Tel Support: +31 20 654 5202
Email: support.eu@dji.com
Online Support: http://www.dji.com/support#after

Thank you for choosing DJI.

Best regards,

Blessie C.
DJI Technical Support
2017-8-31
Use props
Tsolsi
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Bottom line is, according to DJI support it did something it was not supposed to do (after dropping like a brick two days prior), so a pilot error really doesn't matter in this case. Or should we just stop trusting support entirely?
2017-8-31
Use props
Tsolsi
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

They completely ignore the question I ask, amazing. Look at this reply I got:

Support9.NL (Support)
9月1日 16:58 CST

Hello Daniel,

Good morning.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regarding the data analysis, please kindly check below details.
According to analysis it is no warranty case. If you decide not to repair the unit,  shall we send the unit back to you?

Please kindly advise.

【Flight control file fly 65】

2)Pilot used Gesture control mode, then at t=682s, h=3m, d=137m, 27% battery power, the aircraft initiated intelligent low battery RTH procedure, and the return height setting was 100 meters, the aircraft began to ascend.

3)At t=685s, h=4m, the aircraft crashed while ascending.

Conclusion:
Pilot did not pay attention to surrounding flight condition and battery power using, No warranty.

A good day.
Best regards,
Support9. NL
2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Tsolsi Posted at 2017-9-1 03:27
They completely ignore the question I ask, amazing. Look at this reply I got:

Support9.NL (Support)

I am sorry, Daniel, I understand how you feel, but the behavior of the drone was normal and logical. sorry to say that is a pilot error. Besides, according to the data, the drone was connecting to the RC when this crash happens, as you can see the last video which you provided as well.
2017-9-2
Use props
Tsolsi
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-2 00:34
I am sorry, Daniel, I understand how you feel, but the behavior of the drone was normal and logical. sorry to say that is a pilot error. Besides, according to the data, the drone was connecting to the RC when this crash happens, as you can see the last video which you provided as well.

So support didn't know what they were talking about when first answering with regards to my concern, is what you're saying? So DJI support can just blurt out anything they want without any real life consequences then?
Twisting consumers out of hard earned money by misleading them to send off stuff which they could just as well have repaired themselves, awesome (sorry, not aimed at you but at the support that gave me the misleading info).

My most recent request is now to have the money for repairs refunded if there ever comes an update which prevents this from being able to happen (which I expect to come out in the near future). Which is quite reasonable right? (e.g. hover at low battery while in gesture instead of RTH). But after this, if they say yes, I don't even know how I can ever trust that yes.

Thnx for understanding what I feel though.
2017-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules