GEO-fencing unauthorized flight
5688 43 2017-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingUser
lvl.2

Netherlands

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-9-7 11:54
These are auto-lands.  You said they were falling out of the sky.  You lied.  You deliberately misled the membership in your post for the purpose of disruption.  

I already explained auto-lands above.  

What does autoland help, if your bird is above water? (most of my flights...). Anyway, would you sit in an aircraft/would any aviation authority on Earth approve an aircraft, which "autolands" on the spot, regardless of terrain if it reaches a certain, manufacturer defined and not clearly communicated boundary?
2018-9-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Mark Weiss Posted at 2018-9-14 09:26
Paragraph 2 above is precisely what I'm getting at. People have lost their drones because DJI took control via an automatic program that is invoked when the drone strays into a NFZ. Unacceptable!

And DJI take control over the aircraft when, due to the lack of care by the pilot, it runs low on battery. Get over it and stop your moaning, we have heard this nauseating whine time and time again. If you don't like it, sell up your aircraft and go away.
2018-9-14
Use props
FlyingUser
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2018-9-14 16:10
And DJI take control over the aircraft when, due to the lack of care by the pilot, it runs low on battery. Get over it and stop your moaning, we have heard this nauseating whine time and time again. If you don't like it, sell up your aircraft and go away.

Good. Just don't come back to whine here, if you loose your bird when the app failed to open your unlocked zone, or any other "innocent" case happens to you.

Anyway, if you don't see the difference between a Mayday-assistance that actually reduces risk and hijacking a perfectly functional aircraft, we don't have much to discuss...
2018-9-15
Use props
Crady
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102 ft
United States

Has anyone initiated a class action lawsuit against DJI for grossly overstepping their authority to ground aircraft based upon geofencing as I would like to join in that suit
2020-4-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Crady Posted at 4-18 12:03
Has anyone initiated a class action lawsuit against DJI for grossly overstepping their authority to ground aircraft based upon geofencing as I would like to join in that suit

Has anyone initiated a class action lawsuit against Mother Nature for grossly overstepping her authority to ground aircraft based upon excessive wind as I would like to join in that suit
2020-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules