Inspire 1 - Maximum distance fixed at 50m ?
123Next >
8671 90 2017-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Håkan K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

@ DJI Mindy. Can you confirm a fix was included in the latest GO app for the 50m max issue as indicated by snowfly above?

Thanks.
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

snowfly Posted at 2017-8-21 14:21
Did a lot of checks on the new version of DJI GO and everything I did seemed to work fine. Might be back to the good ol' days of only worrying about getting good shots....if this new update fixed the problem...THX DJI

We are sorry for the troubles that have been caused.
iOS DJI GO V3.1.15 has been released in batches, and this problem has been fixed, please keep us updated if you have any further questions.
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Steve K Posted at 2017-8-21 21:50
Hi, Mindy. How do I reboot the app? Just get out of the app and turn the mobile device off? Or should I turn off the RC as well?

Reboot means restart the APP, new APP has been released and this problem has been fixed, please update at your most convenience.
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Håkan K Posted at 2017-8-21 23:12
@ DJI Mindy. Can you confirm a fix was included in the latest GO app for the 50m max issue as indicated by snowfly above?

Thanks.

Yes, you are right, this problem has been fixed, please update at your most convenience, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-8-21
Use props
Håkan K
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-21 23:50
Yes, you are right, this problem has been fixed, please update at your most convenience, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks Mindy
2017-8-22
Use props
McCrea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331358 ft
Canada

Thank you for the bug fix!
2017-8-22
Use props
Steve K
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2067 ft
United States

Mindy

Today I deleted the previous version app and downloaded again, logged in and flew my Inspire 1 pro. It was fine with the first battery. But after I changed the battery, the same issue occurred. The altitude & distance was locked to beginner's mode. I had to reboot the app and the RC. I find no change on the new app except that I can't find the GEO System function key on the app.
2017-8-22
Use props
Kiffkool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812808 ft
United Kingdom

Guy's ... it's definitely an app issue because I have not updated the inspire or controller firmware and on Monday flew 5 batteries in an industrial harbour, tues updated app then today (wed) fired up inspire to be greeted with the 30 and 50 meter limit .....however i thought let see if it does actually limit the inspire so I lifted of tested controls and checked the telemetry etc then flew as normal . Seems to me it could be a false warning as it had no adverse effects .
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Steve K Posted at 2017-8-22 15:09
Mindy

Today I deleted the previous version app and downloaded again, logged in and flew my Inspire 1 pro. It was fine with the first battery. But after I changed the battery, the same issue occurred. The altitude & distance was locked to beginner's mode. I had to reboot the app and the RC. I find no change on the new app except that I can't find the GEO System function key on the app.

Really? What mobile device are you using? Please post the APP version here. Does the issue recurrence every time?
2017-8-25
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Steve K Posted at 2017-8-22 15:09
Mindy

Make sure you fire up in this order
1 RC transmitter
2 Aircraft
3 and lastly the go app , you can have the Go app device fired up but dont open the app till last .
Be sure that you log into the go app and then log out , once you do that you should be fine.  Once you log in once that tis all that should be needed and you wont need to keep logging in .

donnie
2017-8-25
Use props
mhoppes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141302 ft
United States

Hello.  I'm running 3.1.15 and I am still having this issue.  This is ridiculous.  Using an ipad Mini.
2017-8-31
Use props
fans42d7ba9c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21335 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

Same issue here, App version 3.1.15 iPad mini 4

I was also getting motor overloaded whilst hovering.  Anyone else seen this?

Thanks

Dave
2017-9-2
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

Same problem still with Go App ver 3.1.15.  Limited to beginner.  But this time turning the app off and restarting does not fix it.   It really is becoming inexcusable how many time this sort of thing happens with DJI updates.  Using DJI products commercially is getting harder and harder . The inspire 1 hardware has performed faultlessly but the software really lets it down.  Luckily I could fall back to the GS Pro to complete the shoot , I couldn't control zoom or pan but at least it would fly.

Using iPad Pro 9.7 32gb 4g
Go App ver 3.1.15
Inspire 1 v2 with z3.  - last firmware update that supported the Z3

2017-9-2
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-17 22:35
Please return the drone to home point when you encounter this problem, reboot the aircraft firstly and then reboot the APP.

Rebooting, reinstaling didn't help. I still need to log in on every power my equipment on. What if I'm over 100km away from internet connection? Last month I had to film forests and villages damaged by the storm, no cellular, no internet, no work. I had to back home with nothing.
2017-9-3
Use props
Steve K
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-25 01:48
Really? What mobile device are you using? Please post the APP version here. Does the issue recurrence every time?

App version 3.1.15 iPad mini 4
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Steve K Posted at 2017-9-3 19:29
App version 3.1.15 iPad mini 4

We've reported this issue to our engineers, please hover the drone in a  safe and open place, then reboot the APP when this message pops up during flight or return the drone back to home and reboot APP as a temporary resolution. We will try our best to get it addressed.
2017-9-4
Use props
Banin77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3760 ft
Russia

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2017-9-3 09:56
Rebooting, reinstaling didn't help. I still need to log in on every power my equipment on. What if I'm over 100km away from internet connection? Last month I had to film forests and villages damaged by the storm, no cellular, no internet, no work. I had to back home with nothing.

I have exactly the same!

DJI when will correct ?!
2017-9-4
Use props
Steve K
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-4 01:45
We've reported this issue to our engineers, please hover the drone in a  safe and open place, then reboot the APP when this message pops up during flight or return the drone back to home and reboot APP as a temporary resolution. We will try our best to get it addressed.

I need to explain to my clients why I need to take it down and re-launch the aircraft everytime. They also feel nervous when they hear "Maximum altitude reached...". I just don't understand why DJI has put this kind of feature.
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Steve K Posted at 2017-9-7 09:04
I need to explain to my clients why I need to take it down and re-launch the aircraft everytime. They also feel nervous when they hear "Maximum altitude reached...". I just don't understand why DJI has put this kind of feature.

I feel your pain, if this issue happens that frequently, please try Android mobile device.We care much about this problem and are working on getting it fixed, sorry for the trouble caused.
2017-9-10
Use props
Uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I get the same restriction message on the GO app , but I don't get any restriction in flight , only that app message.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Uptowndisco Posted at 2017-9-11 19:01
I get the same restriction message on the GO app , but I don't get any restriction in flight , only that app message.

Please refer to the suggestions in 56# when you encounter the same problem, we are so sorry for the inconvenience.
2017-9-13
Use props
Ric Ardo
lvl.1

French Polynesia

Same issues here (Inspire 1 pro x5)
2017-9-16
Use props
Ric Ardo
lvl.1

French Polynesia

Following problems:

- Sudden distance (50m) restrictions after battery change (have to reboot the app every time sucks)

- sudden "Motor overload" and "Aircraft will slow down to ensure safety" messages.

- Controller can't reconect to the Inspire after I changed battery. Have to reboot EVERYTHING!

Sorry, but this turned the Inspire into a useless brick! PLEASE ADDRESS THIS ASAP!!!

@dji Mindy
2017-9-16
Use props
Ric Ardo
lvl.1

French Polynesia

Additionaly I encountered the following problem:

The "Transport Mode" doesn't work any more! When I try to trigger it via the app, it gives me an error Message that I do have to remove the gimbal (although it's already off).
When trying it via flipping the landing gear switch up and down, the bird does absolutely nothing. After rebooting everything still the same issue.

Then all of a sudden (about 10 reboots later) I somehow managed the Bird to transform. BUT to my surprise it went into FLIGHT MODE (although it was sitting on the ground).
I took the chance and just ejected the battery quickly on its way back to landing mode. Because I urgently needed it to enter the case again!

WTF???

@DJI:  Please, get this crappy FW and app fixed NOW! The Inspire was working PERFECT untill you somehow decided to brick it with crappy software! This sucks!

2017-9-17
Use props
Ric Ardo
lvl.1

French Polynesia

nutpi@yahoo.com Posted at 2017-9-16 18:51
Did not realized that the latest update of the FW cost me a big job.  My Inspire 1 is having the same problem as you guys. Tried every suggestion in this thread and non of them worked for me.  I'm not sure what I can do next to fix the problem.  Any suggestion fellow droners?

Did you try to reboot all devices: Bird, controller, app?
2017-9-17
Use props
Ric Ardo
lvl.1

French Polynesia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-13 00:08
Please refer to the suggestions in 56# when you encounter the same problem, we are so sorry for the inconvenience.

@dji Mindie Is anyone at DJI working on that issue???
This can't take months to solve! Get this FW fixxed asap!
2017-9-23
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Ric Ardo Posted at 2017-9-23 00:08
@dji Mindie Is anyone at DJI working on that issue???
This can't take months to solve! Get this FW fixxed asap!

If you are having trouble still Ricardo , try this .  

First I assume you are up to date OR at the  least on compatible FW and you are using approved go app devices .
Ok here is a way to solve this .  I assume you are up to date on the AC the RC and the Go app.  

Be sure before starting that you are NOT logged into the DJI servers on ANY DEVICE. Then fire up your system in this order .
First the RC transmitter, (***go app device can be on but DONT OPEN THE APP.)

Next fire up the Aircraft .

At this point  make sure entire system is ON and  in the "standby mode",  ( STANDBY MODE = so if you engaged the motors you would take off.)  What you want is all systems on AND ALSO have the go app device connected to the wi-fi , internet connection as well  )

Now open the go app and be sure to sign in using your user name and password, also  after signaing in sync your flight records at this time as it will insure that you are connected to dji servers.  Now once you do this .  Turn everything off and re- boot same as above procedure but dont need to sign in this time to the DJI  Page.

***when doing this procedure be sure that you have a solid  wi fi connection to the Go app device , you can do this indoors if you wish as you are NOT actually going to engage the props, you are going to do all the steps so the system on standby but NOT fire up the props .  

This should work and eliminate the range limitation issue .  This was implemented to prevent pilots from flying out of their line of sight without having the  go app device attached and turned  on so the pilot can see the aircraft camera and flight data .

donnie

2017-9-23
Use props
fans835936e2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35410 ft
Russia

1. Take off on a fully charged battery TB48. Shooting day the latter-day temple in Kostroma. All OK. Height of over 40 meters. The Inspire 1 copter, air suspension X5, iPad mini 3.
2. Night (just ) take-off at the site on the remains of a charge of the same battery. Immediately the message about the overload of the motor. But the height of over 40 m have been achieved.
3. Insert a charged battery TB48. The take-off. At 29 metres warning - maximum altitude achieved. As advised I leave the DJI GO by clicking on the home button of the tablet. Double tap and swipe unload the program. The copter hangs over me at a height of 30 meters approx. Stable. Launch DJI GO. Click left stick myself. Flooded height.
4. Put the copter. All off. Again. The take-off. 29 m old song - max reached! Doing the same operation with unloading-loading DJI GO. OK! Has risen to 250 M. the Message: the maximum height! And rightly so. As set out of 250.
2017-9-23
Use props
Ric Ardo
lvl.1

French Polynesia

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-23 04:25
If you are having trouble still Ricardo , try this .  

First I assume you are up to date OR at the  least on compatible FW and you are using approved go app devices .

Thanks Donni for the explanation.
I'll give it a try asap and report back if it worked out.
Thx mate!
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ric Ardo Posted at 2017-9-25 15:34
Thx mate!

DJI GO for iOS v3.1.18 will be released recently, this issue will get fixed, please update in time.
2017-9-26
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Ric Ardo Posted at 2017-9-25 15:34
Thx mate!

Sure, I think it will work , or as Mindy  post's there is a new app coming out soon .

cheers

donnie
2017-9-26
Use props
Banin77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3760 ft
Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-26 00:01
DJI GO for iOS v3.1.18 will be released recently, this issue will get fixed, please update in time.

Excellent! When?
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Do not have a precise date, please note our website, thank you.
2017-9-28
Use props
fansd5cbd526
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2072894 ft
  • >>>
United States

After more than a month and a half has past since the issue first surfaced, it's still not fixed!! Stop breaking your great product damn it.
2017-10-3
Use props
Ric Ardo
lvl.1

French Polynesia

@dji Mindy: any updates on this problem? When can we expect the Update / Fix of the FW?
2017-10-7
Use props
Håkan K
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Steve K Posted at 2017-8-21 21:50
Hi, Mindy. How do I reboot the app? Just get out of the app and turn the mobile device off? Or should I turn off the RC as well?

Just click on the home button of your device, then open up the app again.
2017-10-8
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

3.1.18 released this day (10/16/17)
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

nutpi@yahoo.com Posted at 2017-10-15 15:13
@Mindy, do you have any update for the fix?  It’s frustrating when I have tried all the suggestions to fix but non did the work. Please let us know quickly for a fix.  Thank you.

Right, new DJI Go has been released, please update to the latest version to have a try, thanks.
2017-10-15
Use props
Yury
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35410 ft
Russia

Updated the DJI GO to 3.1.18. It is impossible to register!Not active data entry field.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Yury Posted at 2017-10-17 01:31
Updated the DJI GO to 3.1.18. It is impossible to register!

May I have more details? Is there any error message when you register? Any screenshot would be appreciated.
2017-10-17
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules