Another lost Spark
4227 57 2017-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_CWRqJMq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3743 ft
United States

Was my first flight out of the box and I have the remote. It said “disconnected” and then it never returned signal nor did it return to home. I fly it only a couple blocks away but been looking at the logs and went to the area it says it was last and couldn’t find it. I was searching like 10 separate times already and nothing. I didn’t do anything wrong and just wanted to fly a couple blocks and back. This has made me so depressed and I don’t know what to do now. I have the refresh program but I don’t know what good that will help me.

I have all my logs here for it. http://app.airdata.com/main?share=TXCSBb

Please help!!!! I’m don’t have that much money and this sucks so bad.
2017-8-20
Use props
fansb3a41e40
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23376 ft
Greece

Can I just check this is correct ? I've looked through the manual and it seems that nowhere does it say that switching the RTH point to the controller while using wifi can actually induce a significant home point error. This error can easily (if I've understood correctly) lead to the drone flying out of range in an undesired and uncontrollable direction until it simply falls from the sky when the battery dies. Is that right? Seems to me that is a very big deal and something that should be made very clear indeed.
I lost contact with the Spark and moved my position slightly hoping it would reconnect. I then changed the RTH position to the controller assuming this would compensate. My intention was to see the drone return and then land manually as I had done previously with success.
2017-8-20
Use props
fansb3a41e40
lvl.2
Greece

Curiously, if I draw a straight line continuing the flight trajectory I arrive at the exactly the little church where I had been flying the Spark the previous evening. Is this just a coincidence?
2017-8-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_CWRqJMq Posted at 2017-8-20 12:39
Was my first flight out of the box and I have the remote. It said “disconnected” and then it never returned signal nor did it return to home. I fly it only a couple blocks away but been looking at the logs and went to the area it says it was last and couldn’t find it. I was searching like 10 separate times already and nothing. I didn’t do anything wrong and just wanted to fly a couple blocks and back. This has made me so depressed and I don’t know what to do now. I have the refresh program but I don’t know what good that will help me.

Can you upload log to link below just click on link and follow instructions come back here and post link, these logs are much more comprehensive than airdata.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sparkless Dad Posted at 2017-8-20 10:49
Has anyone ever received a new drone from DJI when this has happened?

it needs to be analyzed case by case. All data analysis are based on objective data log, we will take responsibility for malfunction and provide proper resolution to the users.
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_CWRqJMq Posted at 2017-8-20 12:39

Sorry to hear about this, have you reported this to the Support? If not, please contact them soon, they'll create a case and submit a data analysis for you.  http://www.dji.com/support
2017-8-20
Use props
djiuser_CWRqJMq
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-20 22:53
Sorry to hear about this, have you reported this to the Support? If not, please contact them soon, they'll create a case and submit a data analysis for you.  http://www.dji.com/support

I did contact them and they just gave me this case number 695996. Can you please escalate it ? I would appreciate it
2017-8-20
Use props
djiuser_CWRqJMq
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-20 13:01
Can you upload log to link below just click on link and follow instructions come back here and post link, these logs are much more comprehensive than airdata.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Sure thing. Here you go.  Http://phantomhelp.com/CDN796VT7OHX8WGKTL4B/
2017-8-20
Use props
djiuser_CWRqJMq
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_CWRqJMq Posted at 2017-8-20 23:40
Sure thing. Here you go.  Http://phantomhelp.com/CDN796VT7OHX8WGKTL4B/

sorry link didnt work right. here:  http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/CDN796VT7OHX8WGKTL4B/
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_CWRqJMq Posted at 2017-8-20 23:36
I did contact them and they just gave me this case number 695996. Can you please escalate it ? I would appreciate it

I've forwarded it to our appropriate team to escalate it, will have someone reply you soon, appreciate your patience.
2017-8-20
Use props
fansb3a41e40
lvl.2
Greece

This thread will get confusing now there are two of us reporting different issues. I have opened a support case with DJI and sent them my flight log. We'll see what happens. I have carefully re-read the manual. No mention is made anywhere of the possibility that resetting the RTH position during a flight might actually result in a LESS accurate home position and the aircraft just flying off until it falls. Seems to me that this is a very dangerous possibility... Pity the new firmware came out too late for me...
2017-8-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_CWRqJMq Posted at 2017-8-20 23:42
sorry link didnt work right. here:  http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/CDN796VT7OHX8WGKTL4B/

Nothing looks to strange in your flight log, you lost downlink from aircraft to RC and app, although you didn't have downlink you did have control of your aircraft, but you obviously couldn't see it because you definitely could have flown it by line of sight, there were no stick movements during loss of downlink.
You also must have been close to top of hotel, would it have been high enough to clear hotel building, or could it have clipped something , you also could have used RTH button, did you, big problem is your log ends early so a lot of things could have happened, can you get access to top of hotel?
2017-8-21
Use props
ANHTUANNN503
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17986 ft
Netherlands

I've also experienced some disconnections around about 300meters, RTH failed maybe 4 times and then I started pannicking but I decided to walk closer in it's direction and I regained connection luckily.
2017-8-21
Use props
djiuser_CWRqJMq
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-21 07:30
Nothing looks to strange in your flight log, you lost downlink from aircraft to RC and app, although you didn't have downlink you did have control of your aircraft, but you obviously couldn't see it because you definitely could have flown it by line of sight, there were no stick movements during loss of downlink.
You also must have been close to top of hotel, would it have been high enough to clear hotel building, or could it have clipped something , you also could have used RTH button, did you, big problem is your log ends early so a lot of things could have happened, can you get access to top of hotel?

It was in my line of sight but it was nowhere to be found when i went to go find it.  
2017-8-21
Use props
djiuser_CWRqJMq
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-20 23:55
I've forwarded it to our appropriate team to escalate it, will have someone reply you soon, appreciate your patience.

For some reason they couldnt find my case so they redid it today. Can you please help me escalate this. It is now case number CAS-916076-C0J3K2

Thank you!!
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_CWRqJMq Posted at 2017-8-21 10:21
For some reason they couldnt find my case so they redid it today. Can you please help me escalate this. It is now case number CAS-916076-C0J3K2

Thank you!!

Just checked it , it is under process now, will have someone contact you once it is finished.
2017-8-22
Use props
fansb3a41e40
lvl.2
Greece

Could anyone give me an idea of how long it usually takes DJI to investigate a support case please?
2017-8-26
Use props
fansb3a41e40
lvl.2
France

Here's an update :  after analysis by DJI the loss of my Spark was deemed a "warranty issue" and a new one is on its way to me now.
The case was dealt with quickly by DJI customer care. Good service.
That said, not one single issue I raised concerning safety, reliability or what I consider to be information lacking in the user manual was addressed.
I understand why a big company would be unwilling, for reasons of corporate responsibility, to reply to such questions but still...
2017-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules