86630 386 2017-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoeCec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is great news! The Mavic was already a quiet bird!
2017-9-1
Use props
GSI_IRE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121460 ft
Ireland

So I am right in saying that the Mavic Pro is no longer in production and current stocks are the last?

This means that soon enough there is a 100% chance that any Mavic Pro you get as part of the Care Refresh will be a used item. I would expect then as time goes by they will be forced to send older and older, more used devices out when replacing a Mavic under the Care Refresh Process?

I cant see DJI shipping MPP's to replace MP's?
2017-9-1
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

bauskr4 Posted at 2017-8-31 12:25
Hi all! I'm newbie to drones and i'm really motivated to to buy my first drone here from dji!
I'm looking for mavic pro platinum because i really like noise reduction but it is already "out of stock". When do you think it will be avaiable again?

Mavic Pro is still an exceptional copter, go for it and buy it !
2017-9-1
Use props
28SepnoMavic
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hahaha great 100 euros extra for a new color. Great marketing DJI. New software and props on my old Mavic and presto. Only 2 more months for the Mavic pro 2 hahaha its a real apple company
2017-9-1
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic Pro Platinum should be availabe mid - late September for order.  The batteries are the same and interchangeable with the MP.  You may use the MPP props on the MP.  As far as differences, the props, the escs, the hardware for the camera allowing usable 1080P 60FP and of cource the color.  I hope this clears up the questions for everyone that doesn't read the thread.  
2017-9-1
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

Excellent stuff... I want one.. :-)
2017-9-1
Use props
Greg-EastTN
lvl.1
United States

Beautiful! - Thank you - Let's start taking orders and just inform buyers when they can expect delivery - Thank you
2017-9-1
Use props
Jinjur
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Where are the camera changes officially mentioned?
2017-9-1
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2017-9-1 04:57
The Mavic Pro Platinum should be availabe mid - late September for order.  The batteries are the same and interchangeable with the MP.  You may use the MPP props on the MP.  As far as differences, the props, the escs, the hardware for the camera allowing usable 1080P 60FP and of cource the color.  I hope this clears up the questions for everyone that doesn't read the thread.

Thanks for the availability info.

2017-9-1
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just looking at how many members asked questions that were answered in the original post. smh
2017-9-1
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-31 09:01
Well, I just bought a complete set of 4 propellers, but they won't suddenly be obsolete only because the Mavic Pro Platinum has hit the market.
But I shall definitely try the new Platinum propellers, as soon as they are readily available.

LOL yeah i just got my new Mavic Pro 2 weeks ago and same as you brought extra setts of props 5x to be precise...lookin forward to trying the new props too lol
2017-9-1
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

WOW .. this sounds like the MAVIC PRO will get a surge in sales given the longer battery life and quieter flying.
2017-9-1
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

DJ Enertia Posted at 2017-9-1 06:56
LOL yeah i just got my new Mavic Pro 2 weeks ago and same as you brought extra setts of props 5x to be precise...lookin forward to trying the new props too lol

There is an uncanny magnetism between propellers and tree branches or perhaps it's merely Murphy's Law...
2017-9-1
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Hmmmm.....so Mavic Pro owners wanting to use 1080/60fps are out of luck is what it sounds like. The solution is to buy a new aircraft. Must be more to it than a simple software fix.
2017-9-1
Use props
Sublight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148661 ft
United States

I just bought my MAVIC last week from best buy.  You guys wouldn't let me pay the difference between the 2 and get the upgraded model would you?
2017-9-1
Use props
The Droninator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5538 ft
Germany

Does that mean the pixel binning issue @1080/60 has been fixed???
2017-9-1
Use props
fansaeb28bba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 175600 ft
Switzerland

Probably the only "platinum" which is going to come out of this overhyped brush-up is going to go into DJI's profit margin with the unwarranted jacked-up price. -4dB noise reduction will barely be noticed, although a few more flight time minutes are surely welcome. Considering that unmentionable loopholes might sadly be eliminated in the platinum, this may be a good time to scoop up the pro for a discount and just replace the props...
2017-9-1
Use props
Sublight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148661 ft
United States

RocketChap Posted at 2017-8-31 13:25
Somewhat annoying since I only just bought my Mavic Pro - hey ho - always thew way

Same here, mine was delivered a week ago today.
2017-9-1
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Save  yourself 90 bucks and and buy the props  and the extra couple of minutes flight time .....well  won't make much if any difference as I'm sure most users land with plenty of battery to spare, nice colour though same as the new P4....just buy a can of spray paint!
Well it's been a year now and still no sign of a adapter for the Mavic rc to take the Crystalsky monitor which DJI said was compatible and it ain't, instead bring out a new more expensive Mavic and keep the crappie firmware.....that makes good business sense!!!!!! NOT
If you wanna sell more Mavics and Crystalsky keep your promises and sort the firmware
2017-9-1
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Whatch the difference between Mavic Pro & Mavic Pro Platium in this video. The both aircrafts face to face!  Noise reduction is amazing.

2017-9-1
Use props
Mike65
lvl.1

Denmark

Well, 4k at 60 fps is new. Or am I mistaken?
2017-9-1
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2017-9-1 13:35
Whatch the difference between Mavic Pro & Mavic Pro Platium in this video. The both aircrafts face to face!  Noise reduction is amazing.

DJI MP VS MPP

I don't hear a huge differance. Maybe it's me?
2017-9-1
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GSI_IRE Posted at 2017-9-1 04:03
So I am right in saying that the Mavic Pro is no longer in production and current stocks are the last?

This means that soon enough there is a 100% chance that any Mavic Pro you get as part of the Care Refresh will be a used item. I would expect then as time goes by they will be forced to send older and older, more used devices out when replacing a Mavic under the Care Refresh Process?

Think they are usually refurbed units anyway buddy so no change. I'm a mug for new gear and I am actually tempted to sell up on the Pro and invest in the Platinum.
2017-9-1
Use props
Greg-EastTN
lvl.1
United States

CAAirborne Posted at 2017-8-31 11:19
Looks like some good improvements.  It might be worth getting the Platinum batteries and props for the Pro.  Not too keen on the platinum color, however.  I imagine the Platinum would be harder to see at a distance.

I was thinking the same thing - While the platinum color of the Platinum Mavic looks cool to me a wrap may be a good addition for visibility - At least on some surfaces - Thanks for the comment
2017-9-1
Use props
fans71a16bf6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1856640 ft
Singapore

When will the new stock for Mavic Pro Platinum will be available
2017-9-1
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-9-1 14:35
I don't hear a huge differance. Maybe it's me?

There is difference. Mavic Pro Platinum less noise than Mavic Pro.

I think The reason not only because of the new props but The "ESC's" also. They organize the power for the props.
2017-9-2
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2017-9-2 03:48
There is difference. Mavic Pro Platinum less noise than Mavic Pro.

I think The reason not only because of the new props but The "ESC's" also. They organize the power for the props.

Yes sir, I read all of that my friend, several times.  On the video the difference is negligible.  
2017-9-2
Use props
fans015d3523
lvl.3
Flight distance : 467799 ft
Spain

Which is the noise with new prop in my "old" Mavic ?...
2017-9-2
Use props
KryptoNyte
lvl.4
United States

"... allowing usable 1080P 60fp ...."

Are you saying that this feature of the original Mavic Pro will never be "usable" because of a hardware limitation?
2017-9-2
Use props
fansaeb28bba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 175600 ft
Switzerland

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2017-9-1 13:35

DJI MP VS MPP

What difference?? You're standing a lot closer to the old bird with your camera and the microphone, it will sound louder just because of that..
2017-9-2
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

fansaeb28bba Posted at 2017-9-2 06:44
What difference?? You're standing a lot closer to the old bird with your camera and the microphone, it will sound louder just because of that..

I've never been there. Just seen this video and put the link here

Have a nice time.

2017-9-2
Use props
fans79a9d393
lvl.1
United States

GSI_IRE Posted at 2017-9-1 04:03

Haven't people already reported on here past instances of getting a refurbished MP that was supposed to be brand new?
2017-9-2
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

In terms of differences in noise level, don't notice that big of of a difference either.
2017-9-2
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Think I'll stick to my beloved MP.....it's still impressive.

2017-9-2
Use props
KevinLe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17461 ft
Vietnam

I'm new to drone and just bought my mavic pro fly more combo just 3 days ago. I wish that I have heard this news. I would have waited to buy this new version. ;)
2017-9-2
Use props
Greg-EastTN
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for this helpful information Tahoe Ed - Very helpful
2017-9-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Ed,
I haven't seen you in awhile. Thanks for clarifying the differences. I hope the DJI R&D team will make some Phantom and Inspire advanced tip props too. The Inspire and Phantom could use a quiet prop set too.

Rich  
2017-9-2
Use props
danybd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 234715 ft
Germany

In my opinion we will get the noise reduction for our MP with the new props. I don´t think that the new ESCs (and new motors?) reduce the noise but improve the performance (the 3 more minutes).
2017-9-3
Use props
harryinhbg
New
United States

Will my old Mavic Pro Remote Controllers work with the Mavic Pro Platinum?
Will the new aircraft be available for sale without the RC?
2017-9-3
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

danybd Posted at 2017-9-3 01:24
In my opinion we will get the noise reduction for our MP with the new props. I don´t think that the new ESCs (and new motors?) reduce the noise but improve the performance (the 3 more minutes).

When I said nise redution is amazing, some comments said NO.

What about if I say that the new "ESCs" are also reasons for both noise reduction and the extra 3 minutes?! Because they organizes power and provides the props with actual power needed to save power when you push the power stick to full which means before the new "ESCs" there was waste of.

Now some will ask me how did I know?

The answer will let to headache!
2017-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules