Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2017-9-28 01:36
Just wondering, do you know for a fact that assistant are performing some sort of verification or checksum calculation or if it would just flash whatever it has got.
I really hope DJI has been mindful enough to do some checksum validation but on the other hand one of your co-captain's in here beside of his admiration of this "cutting edge tech", keep mumbling about bad downloads, he could be right in that.

I don't know for a fact. But it would seem meaningless if they didn't do any check sums or file verification, and I suspect the failure rates would be near 100% if none were carried out. Perhaps these error checks are not perfect and some corruption could get through ?

What I can say is that over the past two years having carried out every upgrade  on my previously owned P3 Pro, and my currently owned P4 & Mavic machines that I have never had any problems that I've been aware of regarding the downloads.
2017-9-28
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

well i for one have had to send in my one month old p4p in to be repaired firmware fault ? hardware fault ? pilot error not a chance. crash ..never happened. environment ... very much doubt as ive flown in exact same place many times without an issue.
seems to me that many pilots are having very similar issues all coincidentaly happening just after the latest update. coincidence? hmmm you guys work that out yourselves but i know from my point of view ive just spent over $3000 on a drone that i can no longer trust how can i use this drone in search and rescue situations or fighting fires if its not going to be reliable?
unfortunatly once and if i get my drone back in working order i will probably have to sell it and find something that i can rely on to help save peoples lives.
2017-9-28
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-28 02:52
I don't know for a fact. But it would seem meaningless if they didn't do any check sums or file verification, and I suspect the failure rates would be near 100% if none were carried out. Perhaps these error checks are not perfect and some corruption could get through ?

What I can say is that over the past two years having carried out every upgrade  on my previously owned P3 Pro, and my currently owned P4 & Mavic machines that I have never had any problems that I've been aware of regarding the downloads.

Per my previous post, I agree with what you’ve said and have had the same experience. I’ve never had a DJI firmware update fail because of a download data integrity issue. I also doubt that any company would allow an update process without some kind of integrity/ validity check. That would simply defy all accepted principles and best  practices for software/firmware distribution.
2017-9-28
Use props
jbj220
lvl.4
Flight distance : 847031 ft
United States

A lot of this BS could have been avoided if DJI wouldn't have taken the "restore to previous version" option out...
2017-9-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-28 02:52

Yes my download/update also was done without any issues, but the result ....
2017-9-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-9-28 03:11
well i for one have had to send in my one month old p4p in to be repaired firmware fault ? hardware fault ? pilot error not a chance. crash ..never happened. environment ... very much doubt as ive flown in exact same place many times without an issue.
seems to me that many pilots are having very similar issues all coincidentaly happening just after the latest update. coincidence? hmmm you guys work that out yourselves but i know from my point of view ive just spent over $3000 on a drone that i can no longer trust how can i use this drone in search and rescue situations or fighting fires if its not going to be reliable?
unfortunatly once and if i get my drone back in working order i will probably have to sell it and find something that i can rely on to help save peoples lives.

I have no doubt that the June FW upgrade has given all the trouble on my P4P+ (minus), what i am unsure of is if a new FW can fix it or if something has got trashed for ever.
Downgrade of both RC and AC has helped a lot but i still see something not quite as before the upgrade.

I fully understand your point, but you could do without selling if you keep it away from the net. i really would like to know what version it has from factory as i think it is not one of the official releases and i have no notes of my own from before the fatal upgrade.
2017-9-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

JockC Posted at 2017-9-28 03:33
Per my previous post, I agree with what you’ve said and have had the same experience. I’ve never had a DJI firmware update fail because of a download data integrity issue. I also doubt that any company would allow an update process without some kind of integrity/ validity check. That would simply defy all accepted principles and best  practices for software/firmware distribution.

I also believe that some sort of control is done but must admit that a little doubt is nagging me as time go without they fix the issues. It shouldn't take long to put some previously working code into a FW fix unless they know something might have been flashed to eternity.
IT does look a little like they want to solve it by having the equipment sent in, just to send a known good downgraded item back to the customers.

I know how to test but don't feel like bricking the rest of the life out of it.
2017-9-28
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

KedDK Posted at 2017-9-28 00:54
Not to disappoint you but they have claimed that for months now, if they would they could have solved the issues by removing the disaster FW and provide a factory FW from where we could update to last known good version.

Agreed. There's got to be a reason that DJI won't put V602 back on Assistant 2 to be a able to roll back to. Either there's a security issue with it or maybe they want all P4 owners to pop for a new P4P. I mean it makes no sense to upset a large customer base for no reason.
2017-9-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Pvt Pilot '79 Posted at 2017-9-28 08:21
Agreed. There's got to be a reason that DJI won't put V602 back on Assistant 2 to be a able to roll back to. Either there's a security issue with it or maybe they want all P4 owners to pop for a new P4P. I mean it makes no sense to upset a large customer base for no reason.

"maybe they want all P4 owners to pop for a new P4P."

Bad strategy as a lot of P4P's also was hit by various problems of the same kind, even before they infected the P4 with the stuff ...

And yes they think they can stop the ones doing nasty stuff with their limitations and believe that by taking a lot of regular customers hostage by removing the downgrade, the "dirty hackers" won't find a way. For sure a wrong strategy only hurting all others.
2017-9-28
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
United States

KedDK Posted at 2017-9-28 08:31
"maybe they want all P4 owners to pop for a new P4P."

Bad strategy as a lot of P4P's also was hit by various problems of the same kind, even before they infected the P4 with the stuff ...

I was being sarcastic about motivation to pop for a new P4P. That would be beyond stupid for DJI. Something is up because none of this makes any sense; especially the silence from their end.
2017-9-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Pvt Pilot '79 Posted at 2017-9-28 08:21

Regarding the new FW comming soon, see the claims of july ...

Yes possibly one day they got it right, but when is soon?
2017-9-28
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Hope for the best.

Date: 27 September 2017 at 14:44:57 WAST
To: DJI Support <support@dji.com>
Subject: Re: [Support] : RE Re: [Support] : RE Re: [Support] : RE Re: [Support] : RE Re: [Support] : RE ***Beta firmware for Phantom 4
Thanks for your feedback. Appreciate it.
Sent from my iPad

On 27 Sep 2017, at 12:02, DJI Support (DJI Support) <support@dji.com> wrote:
##- 請在這行以上輸入回覆 -##
Your request(#755569)has been updated, please reply the email below.

DJI Support (Support)
9月27日 18:02 CST
Dear Kokfbc,
Good news to you.
The R&D team has fixed the issue, there will be a new firmware be updated soon, it is under the testing now.
Please be patient to wait for it.
Hope you have a nice day.
Best regards,
Aurora
DJI Technical Support
Office hours: Monday to Friday , 9:00AM to 18:00PM (HongKong Time GMT+8:00)

2017-9-28
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

F.KOK Posted at 2017-9-28 08:45
Hope for the best.

Date: 27 September 2017 at 14:44:57 WAST

Which issue was this response for?

I've lost track of all the issues...   
2017-9-28
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

I am pretty sure this the fix for the wobbling issue
2017-9-28
Use props
Schlepprock250
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1375 ft
United States

I'm still running firmware from like December... Thank God I didn't update.
2017-9-28
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
United States

wangrincreation Posted at 2017-9-28 09:12

Hoping for that anyway.
2017-9-28
Use props
veekman530
lvl.2
United States

echopiece Posted at 2017-9-27 10:35
I wonder if this has anything to do with those who hung up at 99% download?  My P4 hung at 99% and I have all of the common issues.

my update said complete and still flew like crap.
2017-9-28
Use props
CDSSafety1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 98950 ft
United States

Ok, here's my first post. I bought a phantom 4, to be delivered tomorrow. Should I,can I just not update it until they fix the problem?
2017-9-28
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

It's all depends on you, you can update, and fly well or we can welcome you to our club with all sort of issues like wobbling bird.
2017-9-28
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
United States

CDSSafety1 Posted at 2017-9-28 17:42
Ok, here's my first post. I bought a phantom 4, to be delivered tomorrow. Should I,can I just not update it until they fix the problem?

Do not update it.
Here’s an email I just received today. It counterdicts the news I heard earlier. Who knows what to expect now:
Riezl Grace C. Lor (Support)
9月29日 08:02 CST

Dear John,

Thank you for the response.

Regretfully, there are no future developments to enhance this option at the moment. What we can do is collect all related feedback on relating to this concern and forwards them to our Developers as Customer Suggestion to further review as a case possibility for the next firmware update/product enhancement.

Though we are unable to provide you an exact resolution time, we appreciate your suggestions that will help us improve our products. We urge you to constantly visit our link - www.dji.com for the latest updates on our technology and products.

I regret to tell you that there is no way to download again the downgrade version on our website. All the available firmware are listed there. I suggest you to use that third party installer program.

I hope you understand.

Just please let me know if you have other questions regarding with this matter.

Thank you for choosing DJI and have a great day!
Sincerely yours,
Grace
DJI TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Tel Support: +1(818)235 0789 / Mon-Fri 7:00AM-5:00PM(PST)
Online Support: http://www.dji.com/support#after
2017-9-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Pvt Pilot '79 Posted at 2017-9-28 19:35
Do not update it.
Here’s an email I just received today. It counterdicts the news I heard earlier. Who knows what to expect now:
Riezl Grace C. Lor (Support)

"I suggest you to use that third party installer program."

Still a little unclear to me what the dialog was about in the first place, but the above statement i find hilarious as they could just put the old FW's back to ensure their customers don't get something installed that has been mingled with.
2017-9-28
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-9-28 08:56
Which issue was this response for?

I've lost track of all the issues...

It is for the unstable issue.
2017-9-28
Use props
SuperVal
lvl.1
France

Hey guys, first post here on the forum.

I have updated my P4 to 2.00.0300 - that fixed the camera issue

I launched DJI Assistant this morning, and I have the option to downgrade to:

- V2.00.0034 Beta
- V2.00.0106 Official
- V2.00.0200 Beta
- V2.00.0300 Beta (CURRENT)

Any of you had issues w/ the .0034 beta. I am considering downgrading to that version see if it's any better.

Thanks for your feedback,
2017-9-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
France

Fly it first, in Airplane mode on your tablet(wifi OFF) and if it works OK  don't chance any upgrades for now.
2017-9-29
Use props
VFARYAN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1461611 ft
United Kingdom

SuperVal Posted at 2017-9-29 01:47
Hey guys, first post here on the forum.

I have updated my P4 to 2.00.0300 - that fixed the camera issue

This is my video when using. 300. I honestly wouldn't waste your time. Just wait for the next release.

https://youtu.be/FkBQdNIP9KQ
2017-9-29
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
United States

KedDK Posted at 2017-9-28 22:30
"I suggest you to use that third party installer program."

Still a little unclear to me what the dialog was about in the first place, but the above statement i find hilarious as they could just put the old FW's back to ensure their customers don't get something installed that has been mingled with.

That email was from tech support. So we’re getting conflicting information because online support is where I was told the fix for the erratic flying qualities is underway. I have a copy of all the prior versions and I know that 503 and 602 work perfectly. I’m going ahead and rolling back to 602 myself once again.
2017-9-29
Use props
SuperVal
lvl.1
France

VFARYAN Posted at 2017-9-29 03:45
This is my video when using. 300. I honestly wouldn't waste your time. Just wait for the next release.

https://youtu.be/FkBQdNIP9KQ

I test flew the drone a couple hours ago, this is what I got. Seems to fly ok. Running the 2.00.0300 beta.

2017-9-29
Use props
SuperVal
lvl.1
France

Landing the P4, windy conditions w/ the 2.00.0300 beta firmware

2017-9-29
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

How to becone a beta tester?
2017-9-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Juliano Cruz Posted at 2017-9-29 10:19
How to becone a beta tester?

You need to request the Beta V02.00.0300 file by sending a PM (Personal Message) to DJI Thor or DJI Susan. This PM should include the email address you use to log into your DJI Account.
2017-9-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I flew my P4 yesterday using V02.00.0300 (Beta) and had no problems with recording in 4k @ 30 fps, which is what the .0300 beta was testing. I had no instability problems with the formal release 02.00.0106 nor V02.00.0300.

If your P4 is just being delivered it might be prudent to wait for a few weeks, there may be a formal fix soon, also it will give you some experience to be able to judge if something is wrong after you update.
2017-9-29
Use props
Uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beta V02.00.0300 has fixed the erratic flight and stop recording issue when in 4K for both myself and a friend's P4 , I dont know
why DJI is holding firmware  V02.00.0300 back from those having problems esp since they wont allow a rollback anymore.
"Edit" to add this is a P4 on beta firmware from today , the craft is back to being rock solid as it was before the fatal update
to the latest official update which made it useless if trying to record in 4K mode.
Beta Flight in UK

2017-9-29
Use props
UnFlyable2
lvl.1

United States

fans1f690efe Posted at 2017-9-27 15:59
I wouldn't hold my breath, sorry for sounding so negative but I've a pain In my ass with this disastrous firmware.

I feel the same, almost 3 months unflyable, that's ridiculous!
2017-9-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
France

Uptowndisco Posted at 2017-9-29 12:03
Beta V02.00.0300 has fixed the erratic flight and stop recording issue when in 4K for both myself and a friend's P4 , I dont know
why DJI is holding firmware  V02.00.0300 back from those having problems esp since they wont allow a rollback anymore.
"Edit" to add this is a P4 on beta firmware from today , the craft is back to being rock solid as it was before the fatal update

That looks as stable as you could wish for.  Good flight. Thanks for the share.
2017-9-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Uptowndisco Posted at 2017-9-29 12:03

A lovely video, I spent several holidays there as a child in the 60's. I used to play in the Orchard that can be seen behind the Palace in the opening shot.

Good to hear that V02.00.0300 has resolved your stability problem.
2017-9-29
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-29 11:01
You need to request the Beta V02.00.0300 file by sending a PM (Personal Message) to DJI Thor or DJI Susan. This PM should include the email address you use to log into your DJI Account.

Thanks a lot Aerdvark!!
2017-9-29
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

Mine, May 2016, very shaky flying in light wind and gimbal lost power sometimes. Never happened with previous firmware. Goback to previous firmware the problem disappeared.
2017-9-30
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Supong Posted at 2017-9-30 18:19
Mine, May 2016, very shaky flying in light wind and gimbal lost power sometimes. Never happened with previous firmware. Goback to previous firmware the problem disappeared.

Those are the same problems that have been reported in hundreds of posts within this forum (and many other deleted post and threads) . There are clearly a number of issues introduced with the last firmware some of which have restricted or prevented owners’ use of their drone for almost three months.  We live in hope that DJI will release some reliable P4 firmware to address those issues soon. In the meantime we at least have the third party facility to restore the previous firmware which proved to be far more reliable.
2017-10-1
Use props
scbeer1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33947 ft
United States

wangrincreation Posted at 2017-9-28 09:12

I Dam well hope so.  Right now I have a $1,500 paper weight. To me the wobbling appears to be some errant inputs from the collision avoidance sensors no matter what flight profile your operating in.
2017-10-1
Use props
speedblue
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329511 ft
United States

This update on the horizon  is good news. Unfortunately, DJI support had me send my Phantom 4 in for repair last week. My flights have been so erratic since the last firmware update that it was practically unflyable. I asked about firmware but that didn't seem to be a possibility to the rep I spoke to on the phone. Anyway, I hope they can get it fixed and back to me in a reasonable amount of time. In May  I sent my remote in for repair because it wouldn't charge and it took 6 weeks to get back to me.
2017-10-2
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules