no parachute?
3572 26 2015-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
myron
lvl.4

Philippines

Hi Dji

on phantom 3 no added features like a parachute incase the aircraft suddenly crash?? hubsan x4 pro have a great parachutes features..
2015-4-8
Use props
flydronefly
lvl.3

United States

Really?? Buy one and add it yourself
2015-4-8
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

X4 does not exist and we have no idea how "great" it's features are.

If DJI wanted to play that game - of announcing things a couple years before they (never) build them, they would up the ante and announce their new inter-continental model with capabilities to carry up to 5 persons and luggage.
2015-4-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Maybe the hubsans need one, i have not!
2015-4-8
Use props
gary.ok
lvl.3
United States

I don't know what the value would be to market that feature.  As stated before X4 is still just a concept, but even if it wasn't what would the purpose of the parachute be?  Yep it would save you in some off chance that the quad did something weird, but how often does that really happen?  Enough to be something that everyone would want?  To me if they added the parachute option it would be like saying "we have so much faith in our stuff that we are going to supply this device to save it when it fails"  Not a really good message to send.  
2015-4-9
Use props
myron
lvl.4

Philippines

i hope your drone crash two times,... think about that!
2015-4-9
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

myron@iwantlemo Posted at 2015-4-9 22:57

Lmfao....  Parachutes are coming for the Phantom 3 Vsion +
2015-4-9
Use props
myron
lvl.4

Philippines

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-4-9 23:20
Lmfao....  Parachutes are coming for the Phantom 3 Vsion +

lololololololololololololol LMAO
2015-4-10
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

More weight, again less battery time.  I do not think it is worth it for the few "fatal" crashes.  Most crashes require some glue and maybe a new prop.
2015-4-10
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

gary.ok@hotmail Posted at 2015-4-9 22:52
I don't know what the value would be to market that feature.  As stated before X4 is still just a co ...

Say that to the guy killed by a 3 lbs quad copter falling from 300 feet
2015-4-10
Use props
gary.ok
lvl.3
United States

Yeah because that's likely to happen.  More chance of a tree falling on you so maybe we should put parachutes on all the trees?  Give me a break.
2015-4-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

myron@iwantlemo Posted at 2015-4-9 22:57

Myron, Myron,
Stop going off like a siren,
Your wishes for us to crash,
Are un-awe inspiring!

If I thought I needed a Parachute, I would have added one myself or simply not bought the Phantom in the first place if I were that convinced it was more likely to fall out of the sky then not..there are really few instances when IMHO a parachute would really help anyway..
Over the water...not going to help, just prolong the agony of a prayer that will never be answered.
Low to the ground, not enough time to react in most instances, it would just be a wishful afterthought though provide a nice burial cape for the carnage.
Flyaway, probably do more harm than good in most instances depending on the way it was flyingaway and the direction the wind was blowing.
More people would be popping them accidentally than not and popping them when they should not in a nervous/panic moment and then just cause more unnecessary carnage..not to mention DJI would be getting calls of premature parachute popping causing a crash and so on...
And yes, there a couple instances they would help and if you think you need one, then add it or buy another brand that has one.

Am I not correct that you basically threw DJI to the curb when your Phantom initially crashed and moaned and groaned publicly for all the forum to see (and yes, I get your frustration) and then suddenly you were all happy and posting pretty pics (which are nice by the way) when DJI acknowledged they would repair your Phantom then when you got the word there was a bill of some kind you threw DJI to the curb again and then pi$$ed on them and then put them on your no fly list!

Why are you even back here? I am just curious...STAY COMMITTED to your convictions or no one will ever want to listen or believe anything you say...
2015-4-10
Use props
myron
lvl.4

Philippines

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-4-11 04:16
Myron, Myron,
Stop going off like a siren,
Your wishes for us to crash,

if the dji develop a parachute for the safety and benefits to everyone and i will get back to fly a drone again ..
2015-4-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

myron@iwantlemo Posted at 2015-4-11 09:11
if the dji develop a parachute for the safety and benefits to everyone and i will get back to f ...

i am confused,

You stated initially that the Hubsan has a great parachute...why not just buy a Hubsan and be happy?
You should be happy if that has a feature you want that is very important to you....

Hi Dji

on phantom 3 no added features like a parachute incase the aircraft suddenly crash?? hubsan x4 pro have a great parachutes features..
2015-4-10
Use props
myron
lvl.4

Philippines

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-4-11 09:27
i am confused,

You stated initially that the Hubsan has a great parachute...why not just buy a Hu ...

did i say i buy hubsan????! WTF im saying the parachute features abcdefg blah blah
2015-4-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

myron@iwantlemo Posted at 2015-4-11 09:44
did i say i buy hubsan????! WTF im saying the parachute features abcdefg blah blah

Myron,
i did not say that you bought a Hubsan...re-read my post please!

I said that if you like the Hubsan with the parachute so much then you should buy one...as you stated in other posts that you would not buy DJI...and that is o.k., if you do not like, do not buy...Buy what you want...and buy one with a parachute if that is important to you...
2015-4-10
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Dji offer a parachute system but obviously to Heavy for the P3. The hubsan will habe one and the new 3dR solo features some bays for things like that. In case of an EDC or motor failure it make sense. The p3 is fully packed with stuff already and there would ne no space left for that.
2015-4-11
Use props
myron
lvl.4

Philippines

LMAO.. now 3drobotics new release solo smart drone with optional parachute, optical sensor and dual 1 ghz proccessor with pixhawk flight controller http://3drobotics.com the competition going hot
2015-4-14
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

These features are only cad drawings, pipe dreams..
2015-4-14
Use props
GunZenBomZ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Any chance of a dji backpack deployable chute?

Or even more upto date a air-bag style deployable system so the drone is surrounded like a NASA planet roving droid once it goes into emergency mode. haha
2015-4-14
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

myron@iwantlemo Posted at 2015-4-14 22:26
LMAO.. now 3drobotics new release solo smart drone with optional parachute, optical sensor and dual  ...

Parachute - Optional if and when available and at what price?
Camera - Optional..
If that is what you want then cool, go do it...
It does not look like a bad little quad but definitely looks lighter weight with less powerful motors etc.
2015-4-14
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

myron@iwantlemo Posted at 2015-4-14 22:26
LMAO.. now 3drobotics new release solo smart drone with optional parachute, optical sensor and dual  ...

You won't need a parachute with their newly developed "hand catch" method they are calling the "drop and stomp"...I want one!...NOT!!

http://youtu.be/78YE1THE_PM
2015-4-14
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

Hes got that drop and stomp down pat. Looks like hes had plenty of practice at it.
2015-4-14
Use props
silverxrider.me
lvl.2

United States

If he is so hot for a parachute that must mean he doesn't have much confidence in his piloting skills..... just saying
2015-4-14
Use props
flydronefly
lvl.3

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-4-15 07:35
You won't need a parachute with their newly developed "hand catch" method they are calling the "dr ...

close call
2015-4-15
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

http://www.hubsanx4pro.com/

Someone has wrong info. There is no parachute, even an optional one, on the new Hubsan.
2015-4-15
Use props
Vaupell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198392 ft
Denmark

http://www.marsparachutes.com/

Have drone parachutes..

Here is a guy testing it on a hexacopter  ;)  

2015-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules