52632 62 2015-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

knarfboy Posted at 2015-4-14 03:12
If you order a Phantom 3, order a FCC Version as present for your grandma in Texas.

Write a E-Mail  ...

There is no seperate FCC version
2015-4-13
Use props
andybandy4k
lvl.1

Germany

Daninho Posted at 2015-4-14 07:28
There is no seperate FCC version

Well, I just had a talk to the online support.

The guy told me that there are two different versions of the controller and that it will not automatically adjust to CE regulation once it's in Europe.
2015-4-14
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

andybandy4k Posted at 2015-4-14 16:41
Well, I just had a talk to the online support.

The guy told me that there are two different versi ...

believe what you want my friend I asked a DJI guy as well otherwise i wouldnt tell you that because i dont own a P3. So we will never know
2015-4-14
Use props
arthurbuquen
lvl.1

France

What if we modify the setting of the remote and switch to FCC when using it in europe ?
For the P2 some guys did that and did increase the Range...
2015-4-14
Use props
sz
New

Germany

In the future there will be a big market for US Remotes in Germany which are from crashes or Fly Aways that happened in the  US

2015-5-4
Use props
nr.kyborg
lvl.3

Denmark

This is the WORST news about the P3 i have heard so far ! First it was that the altitude is limited to 500m, and know this    I know it is mentioned in the specs about the CE and FCC, but beginners / normal people like me dont know what CE/FCC means.
I only looked at the flight specs, Max altitude 6000m and Max distance 2 km.
Very disappointed now...
2015-5-4
Use props
Phantastic
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This thread made me nervous before I purchased my P3, as I am in the UK (Scotland) and range was important for me.

I went up a big hill today to test the range (since I couldn't find anyone online who had done this at EC signal strength) and at 2.5km distance and 500m altitude my video and control signal strength was still very good.  I should have gone further to test the limit, but I got scared and flew back.

So to summarise, 2.5km is easily done with proper line of sight and I would guess that 3km+ would be no problem at all.  

Hope that helps anyone struggling to get info.
2015-5-9
Use props
arthurbuquen
lvl.1

France

Phantastic Posted at 2015-5-10 05:11
This thread made me nervous before I purchased my P3, as I am in the UK (Scotland) and range was imp ...

Wow i'm really glaf you could reach that

I'm in france and in an open area i could only go to 500 m before starting to lose video signal...
you didn't change any setting ?

What might be the reason some people get only few hundreads meters and some few thousands...

Thankz !
2015-5-9
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

They should just let people decide themselves with a switch in the Pilot app. Just like with the Phantom 2V+ software or switch on the remote.

Give people control and freedom. If the US agrees that one limit won't cause too much interference it also won't in Europe.

It is more likely that a lack of signal strength could cause an accident. So while DJI needs to have a CE-setting to comply with silly regulations, let the owners ultimately decide and take responsibility for their actions.
2015-5-9
Use props
Phantastic
lvl.1

United Kingdom

If you only get 500m then I would say two things to check would be that the antennas on your remote are positioned correctly in relation to the P3 (as in the manual) and that there is no interference in the area - power lines, radio masts, mobile phone towers, your phone's wifi, your tablet's wifi etc.  I'd try going somewhere different and giving it another shot.  
There are reports of others in the UK getting 4km without losing signal, so EC mode doesn't seem like a big an issue.  If it is, then you could try these http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php? ... &product_id=133
2015-5-10
Use props
arthurbuquen
lvl.1

France

Phantastic Posted at 2015-5-10 18:41
If you only get 500m then I would say two things to check would be that the antennas on your remote  ...

Ok i  will try again
Thanks!
2015-5-10
Use props
nr.kyborg
lvl.3

Denmark

Phantastic Posted at 2015-5-10 05:11
This thread made me nervous before I purchased my P3, as I am in the UK (Scotland) and range was imp ...

very nice to hear
2015-5-10
Use props
Phantastic
lvl.1

Poland

I had a shot at some distance today (on holiday in Poland) and managed 5km before turning back for home.  Signal was still pretty good, but I started worrying about battery.  One thing to note is that signal always seems much reduced on the homeward leg due to the quad being tipped towards me.  I had a few warnings about poor video signal just after truning back (although control was solid).

It was a very calm evening (no wind, no turbulence) and I stayed at around 120m agl.    When I returned I still had 40% battery and had only been flying for around 13 mins, so 6km would have been possible.  It's quite reassuring that this is still achievable in EC mode.
2015-5-24
Use props
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Someone in the UK (CE) got 13,000 ft (4km) in a non-flight test, with full signal strength. Could have gone further, and that's not even considering that the range will be better up in the air:
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... -range-thread.42371
2015-5-24
Use props
trozzle
lvl.1

Australia

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-4-13 21:39
Hi guys

What are we in Aussie? FCC or CE?

+1

What mode will the Phantom 3 adv operate on within Australia?
2016-1-29
Use props
blurfonz
lvl.2

Singapore

Bottomline... can CE match up to FCC?

We are just talking about the remote right?
2016-4-12
Use props
fansc725fe25
lvl.2

Spain

Just been on the chat with DJI about this, the English spoken was poor and she didn't answer the question as to why they do this ce 500 m and fcc 1000 plus it has no logic as the advanced model goes to over 2kms in Europe
They just say the engineers are looking into it which is the same they told me a year ago. Maybe it's because it's a wifi signal and there are limits on power. Don't know but they lie about this and my MAVIC is now six weeks since a I paid for it and not even sent yet.
Had enough they have failed for me I've asked PayPal to refund better to wait for it to see it in the shops several peop,e have lost there's with a fault...
2016-11-14
Use props
fansc725fe25
lvl.2

Spain

Daninho Posted at 2015-4-13 11:31
Andy lets be honest here, it is a fact that the Phantom3 operate in CE mode in europe with 16dbm (4 ...

Both of my standard s get to about 300 m not far and do rth, it's most annoying and wrong for the, to cut the signal to half in the eu when they sell advanced with 2 k range
2016-11-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansc725fe25 Posted at 2016-11-14 23:56
Just been on the chat with DJI about this, the English spoken was poor and she didn't answer the que ...

It's plain and simple.
USA and Europe have different regulations for transmitter power (not distance).
2016-11-14
Use props
fans665a76ad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just bought a p4pro and was looking forward to the extra range, compared to the p4. Looks like I'm going to be disappointed here in the U.K. If there's no way of changing the settings???
2017-1-1
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

does the automatical switch between ce and fcc also work on the phantom 3 standard
2017-6-17
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

A lot will depend upon local radio transmission laws and aviation law. In the UK transmitters on the 2.4 GHz band can output a maximum of 100 mW, whilst the 5.8 GHz band can output a maximum of 25mW. The absolute allowable maximum distance of flight is 500m unless special permissions and arrangements are put in place. I would believe it is highly probable that the electronics will be able to alter the output according to location., thus I would suspect that even though it is possible, user selection of output will not be allowed because of the local laws, if user selection was made available DJI would not be allowed to sell the drones in the UK for certain.
2017-6-17
Use props
Joor.us
New

Netherlands

I'm a little bit dissapointed here. Why nit maximum antenna power for all users?  It's up to the users responsabilty if he chooses to fly "illegal"
With this mindset all cars sold in the world should be regulated to a maximum of 130 km/h. But they are not. In fact most cars can easily reach 200 km/h. So following dji's mindset sll cars are sold illegally.

Come on boys from dji. Give all users MAXIMUM POWER!
2017-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules