Flame wheel F450 w/ naza lite GPS
1827 7 2015-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jjaustria
lvl.1
Flight distance : 434820 ft
United States

I picked up this kit 2 days ago at local hobby store. It took me about 1 1/2 day to build it and setup the electronics. I have a DX8 TX and AR8000 RX and all configuredwith naza using the assistant app for mac. I got the GPS calibrated doing the dance and initiated the motor start. here is my problem, when i try to go up with my throttle the whole quad spin clockwise and banks to the right. i started with the quad facing me. need help with this, can go forward from here till i figure this out. thank you in advance.
2015-4-11
Use props
davebdavies
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Pretty new to this myself but from what i've read around the different forums ,best thing is to check the basics .Check all props are rotating the right way for starters,one wrong and believe me it's easily done and your quad will be virtually unusable.double check your tx movements in assistant to verify they all go in right direction and lastly, you said you started to take off with the quad facing you.if you do this then your stick inputs will be reversed ie forward will become backward and left will be right .I don't know if you have flown other types of r/c before and apologize if you already know this .But this could account for the problem  as the craft as viewed from behind should go in the same direction as where you point the control sticks ,left for left  etc etc.
hope this helps and you sort it.
ps  when i first took off with my hex ,i did so in manual mode and found it tipping over and back.... in atti or gps mode no trouble.was told that i needed to be quicker on throttle to get it in the air.
2015-4-15
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

in the naza lite assistant , check that you have selected X type quad from the available options.

in X type config,
motor 1 is top right turning CCW
Motor 2 is top left turning CW
motor 3 is back Left turning CCW
motor 4 is back right turning CW

take off ALL the props and start the quad, check the motors spin as ive indicated.

reply and we take it from there
2015-4-15
Use props
arnoud.vanderba
lvl.1

Romania

Check motor rotations.
And a IMU calibration can also help to fly more stable,
and help for a much smoother take-off.
2015-5-1
Use props
jjaustria
lvl.1
United States

Thank you all, I was following Eirlink's suggestion then found out that #3 ESC wire to M3 on MC is ripped. All the settings are right and position of the motors is correct, change the wire with the extra one i have and works great. sorry for the late reply, been busy at work. again thank you.
2015-5-4
Use props
rsmarnold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3176083 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good to hear you got it fixed.
2015-5-7
Use props
DWA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3176083 ft
  • >>>
United States

test post, having trouble with my acc
2015-5-7
Use props
jjaustria
lvl.1
United States

post is good DWA. thank again. I just picked up a new phantom 3. i will test it this weekend.
2015-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules