Where am I going wrong ?
1928 18 2015-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
moxy149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1220797 ft
United Kingdom

Good morning Gentlemen, I have posted a video clip for your comments and suggestions on how to improve my attempts at videoing. I am very new at this type of thing and I know it could be better, and so with your tips and ideas I may get better.
Link.  http:/youtu.be/pAieXpaWfqw

Thank you in anticipation. Regards ...Ian.

2015-4-13
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Would love to comment, but your link as is not correct.
2015-4-13
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

I agree with Yug. I have an idea of the shots and angles I want and I fly around trying to achieve those shots but the real magic happens when you edit the video. A good editor can make almost any video look great.
If filming an object I like to pan around in a circle, do a few slow fly byes from a few different angles, hi shots, low shots, close shots and far away shots and when you edit, cut out all the in between flying and shots that just didn't seems to work out or I pick the best shot if I have  multiples of. With good video editing software you can not only cut out parts but you can change just about everything in the video like speed, colors and add effects like video transitions.
If your doing video of a wide open area like in the mountains it's all about the long distance views and maybe find a few landmarks like cool rock formations or waterfalls and focus a few shots on them as well, go back and edit and put it all together.
I'm not a pro but thats some of what I do.
2015-4-13
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Yug Posted at 2015-4-13 18:32
Copy and paste works....

Yug

I have tried that at least three times and keep getting the 404 error - page not found.

ETA: Finally here at work I get the link to work.  Wonder why at home all I got was the 404 error....

I agree with Guy - the first two sentences of his post.  It seems as though you were undecisive about where you wanted to be and as a result elements seem to be poorly composed which makes it awkward to watch.  I like the subject matter.  I would take a few minutes and visualize what you want, how you want it to look and try and follow that vision.

2015-4-13
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

Now I see what your avatar is all this time I though it was a cactus. Add sound even the sound from the phantom would have been better then total silence.
2015-4-13
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yug Posted at 2015-4-13 18:50
I am no expert but my observation is the panning was too fast and sometimes you seemed to change you ...

Hi Yug,  Thanks for the tips and I will do my best to put them into practice.  Regards  Ian.
2015-4-13
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
United Kingdom

tonyray955 Posted at 2015-4-13 23:31
Now I see what your avatar is all this time I though it was a cactus.  Add sound even the sound fr ...

Hi there,  I have the Phantom 2 vision plus and I as far as I know it can't record sounds via the camera, and also thanks for your comments.  After my first couple of attempts I hope I can only get better, and if I don't all you will hear from my end will be "White Noise" followed by an embarrassing silence. ("~)  Cheers my friend.  Regards  Ian.
2015-4-13
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
United Kingdom

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-13 20:03
I have tried that at least three times and keep getting the 404 error - page not found.

ETA: Final ...

Hi, I get what you're saying and I suppose I am getting carried away with doing the flying side of things and missing out on the composition and setup of the video. (I'm old you know and I can't walk and chew at the same time).  Thanks for your help and tips.  Regards  Ian.
2015-4-13
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
United Kingdom

stock12to32 Posted at 2015-4-13 19:38
I agree with Yug. I have an idea of the shots and angles I want and I fly around trying to achieve t ...

Hi, I understand what you are saying, and I must agree I need to think more about what the end results should look like, so with this in mind I am going to use a storyboard approach and do a diagram/map of the areas in question and then try and work out the shots I want to get.   All the input from you guys has been constructive and useful so thank you all.   Clear skies men.  Regards  Ian.
2015-4-13
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
United Kingdom

tonyray955 Posted at 2015-4-13 23:31
Now I see what your avatar is all this time I though it was a cactus.  Add sound even the sound fr ...

Hi Tony,  ref my avatar.  It is called "The Angel of the North" and is at Gateshead in the north east of England.  It is all metal and is 66ft tall and the wing span is 177ft across.   
2015-4-13
Use props
christyindublin
lvl.1

Ireland

i read somewhere that if you put a traffic cone down and practice flying around it will help for that type of shot ,
2015-8-6
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
United Kingdom

christyindublin Posted at 2015-8-7 04:02
i read somewhere that if you put a traffic cone down and practice flying around it will help for tha ...

Hi there, thanks for the tip, and I have tried flying around things but I am slowly getting better.  The clip you posted looks fine to me, and if that was your first attempt it was a long way better than my first flight.

Regards.    Ian.
2015-8-16
Use props
RAI NZ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

moxy149@gmail.c Posted at 2015-8-17 01:16
Hi there, thanks for the tip, and I have tried flying around things but I am slowly getting better ...

Hi all, i am using a P2 V+ and am not getting any recorded sound of the quad. Would like to use some for the odd edits.
Is there a setting in the software or do I need a GoPro to get the recorded sound.
Probably only need a few minutes during take off, landing and flight
Regards Mike
2015-8-17
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
United Kingdom

RAI NZ Posted at 2015-8-17 21:24
Hi all, i am using a P2 V+ and am not getting any recorded sound of the quad. Would like to use so ...

Hi Mike, as far as I am aware the P2 V+ does not record any sound, but could you not get an audio clip of a drone and add it in on the video while you are editing your footage? As a novice at editing videos I am just assuming it will work.  Sorry I have no more ideas.  

Regards   Ian. ( North East England)
2015-8-17
Use props
RAI NZ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

moxy149@gmail.c Posted at 2015-8-17 22:49
Hi Mike, as far as I am aware the P2 V+ does not record any sound, but could you not get an audio  ...

Thanks for that will strap my Go Pro to it for rear view footage and get the sound as well for the editing.
Rgards Mike
2015-8-18
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
United Kingdom

RAI NZ Posted at 2015-8-18 21:35
Thanks for that will strap my Go Pro to it for rear view footage and get the sound as well for the ...

Hi Mike,I was wondering if the extra weight of your Go Pro would affect the flight times due to having the second camera on-board.   I put this to you as someone who is quite new to quad-copters, and I am just guessing the potential problem.

Regards   Ian.  
2015-8-18
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

moxy149@gmail.c Posted at 2015-8-17 22:49
Hi Mike, as far as I am aware the P2 V+ does not record any sound, but could you not get an audio  ...

Well dang, I thought that was a cactus too! The P2V+ does not record sound. Adding a GoPro in addition to the original camera (or any additional weight) will shorten flying time. Somebody put a video together and added the sound of a helicopter to it. I thought it was awesome, just need to find audio of a helicopter!

Barney
2015-8-18
Use props
christyindublin
lvl.1

Ireland

hope this helps show the video
2015-8-26
Use props
metafan
New

Morocco

i read somewhere that if you put a traffic cone down and practice flying around it will help for that type of shot ,
2016-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules