4287 64 2017-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

ludovicpizzera Posted at 2017-12-4 01:51
Hi Diana,

I did not used my P4 for a while and after turning-on, it proposed the v02.00.0106 update which I did through DJI Assistant 2 (100% sucessfull).

Ludo, please try to reset the remote controller.
* Turn on the controller, and make sure the aircraft is off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller and then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

If that does not work, try to force the controller to update:
* Turn on the controller, and make the aircraft is off.
* Press C1, C2, record and the wheel on the right side of the controller and then turn off the controller.
* Don’t let go of any of the buttons, turn on the controller. Then the controller will be able to update again.
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Giorgos007 Posted at 2017-12-4 05:29
When i download the firmware it says update failed upload error lof.what should i do?

Could you please reinstall the DJI Assistant 2, then try it again? if it is the same, please provide me with a screenshot of the error code for better assistance. Thank you in advance.
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Heavenly View Posted at 2017-12-4 06:13
Please send beta firmware to me. I have the Phantom 4 with the 4K 30 FPS problem.  After a few minutes of recording, the camera goes crazy and switches to camera mode. Otherwise, after completing recommended procedures, flight characteristics are stable.

HI, there, please provide me with your DJI Account email, I'll add it to your account.
2017-12-4
Use props
Whatarat
lvl.1
Thailand

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-3 19:16
Hi Rob, this beta firmware can't fix the 'No Image Transmission Signal' issue. Could you please provide me with more details about this issue? I'll help you to troubleshoot it.
1. When did this issue start? Did anything happen before, like hard landing or crash?
2. Can you use the RC to control the drone?

Hi Diana,
Sorry for the delay in reply. Now I will start at the begining. I found this P4 advanced for sale about 2mths ago and went to inspect it. I flew the drone in the sellers yard but it had many high voltage powerlines on his boundary fence, so I only took it up to roof height, moved it in all directions then landed it. I bought it and took it home (very excited). now when home I set it up on the table to do all the checks including serial number checks and then I found the mAh on the battery not to be 5870 and only 5350, so I continued with the checks online (before the website closed down on 5 Nov) and the serial numbers confirm the drone to be only a P4, purchased in the US approx 18mths prior. So I contacted the seller and he apologised and accepted the return of the P4. About a month goes by and the seller contacts me and tells me I can now buy the P4 considerably cheaper as he only had a few more days before leaving the country. This is in line with what he told me when I inspected the P4 the first time. So I bought the P4 inspected it in the box but I did not fly it at his place. I came home and charged the battery on RC and drone and checked a few things. I connected the drone to the RC inside my home (now nighttime) and I was getting strong interferance messages popping up. The screen on the ipad during the warm-up process would give me a poor image of the room, very scrambled image, then it would change to 1/4 of the screen being clear but the remanding 3/4 of screen was solid green. then the screen would go totally blank and the "NITS" signal would appear at the top near the Dji logo. I took it out the next morning to a clear field near a large lake and flew up to 200m away and back. Its flight was very stable and it responded to all my commands except it would not take a photo or shoot a video. during the entire flight the screen continued to change from totally blank to the same as described the night before. Never at anytime did I get a full clear image for more than a few seconds and when I did get a good image, it would freeze, so I think it was having trouble connecting to the remote. Oh I forget to mention, during the warm up, it did all the crazy stuff the same as the night before. Something I forgot to mention when the drone was flying and close to me I noticed the camera was hard to the left and looking at the left skid/landing frame. Also on one or two occasions I turned the drone 90deg and it turned back by itself to its original position. I have never seen this type of behaviour before. I was concerned of a potential flyaway so I brought it home and started to do some troubleshooting. I attempted to refresh the firmware on the drone and it failed at 55%, I tried to refresh and it gave me confirmation of that step, so I again tried to upload the latest firmware 0106 and again it failed. I tried again without the sd card. I formatted the sd card and tried again. I tried 3 difference sd cards of various sizes, all while attempting to reload the latest firmware and always failing at 55% each time. The details are App 4.1.18  Aircraft 02.00.0106  RC 1.9.3 Flight database 01.00.01.07  basic app fly safe database 01.00.01.05  preciseapp fly safe database 01.00.01.07

I have screenshots with messages saying strong interference detected with radio channel quality = poor. I have a gimbal disconnected in the gimbal status. I have air encoder error 0 x 2800020 and then when I go into the firmware details (hold down the 3 horizontal lines 10 seconds, I get product unknown, current version unknown Rollback not supported and in the box where you would sellect a firmware it shows "None" So then I linked my P3P RC to the P4 and I was able to sellect a rollback firmware 1.6.0 then 1.8.0 and now I have uploaded 1.9.2 but it will not tell me there is a firmware update available for 1.9.3 which is strange.
The P3P RC is linked and I can fly the drone but it does not give me any image except during the warm up same as before with the P4 RC linked to the drone. So my conclusion is the problem is not the RC and it is the drone's firmware. The RC displays the green light indicating it is linked, The drone camera status light continues to flash red 2 times then green 2 times and continues this cycle.

I have to admit I am far from being a computor geek so any instructions will need to be "please follow these steps" sort of thing.

thanks Rob
2017-12-5
Use props
Whatarat
lvl.1
Thailand

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-3 19:16
Hi Rob, this beta firmware can't fix the 'No Image Transmission Signal' issue. Could you please provide me with more details about this issue? I'll help you to troubleshoot it.
1. When did this issue start? Did anything happen before, like hard landing or crash?
2. Can you use the RC to control the drone?

Sorry I forgot to mention the drone has only a few flights on it with no crashes or hard landings. It appears to be brand new condition with no signs of wear or tear, not even a dirt mark or bug on the drone and the battery confirms only 2 battery charge cycles before I bought it.
2017-12-5
Use props
ludovicpizzera
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5154 ft
Switzerland

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-4 18:27
Ludo, please try to reset the remote controller.
* Turn on the controller, and make sure the aircraft is off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller and then turn the controller off.

Thank you for your prompt replay and for your support but I tried to use your 2 solutions without success.

Finally I solved the issue following the suggestion of the user @skyguy17 who I will thank :0)

1) Install DJI GO 3 app from Apps store, launch app (at this time P4 is off until I say)
2) Select P3 Pro as aircraft (SE and Standard are wifi, not sure if this would make a difference), using the 3 dashes at the top right of the app press and hold for 10s or so. A new screen appears showing suggested current firmware of RC. Scroll down to firmware 1.6.0 select "Firmware Refresh". Wait for it to install then close the app and shut off RC.
3) Reboot RC, after a new minutes on shut off RC (not sure if this is really required, but it seemed right)
4) Open up DJI GO 3, Select P3 Pro and press camera (have the lightning cable connected to RC and iPad/iPhone).  I had over 50% charge on my RC (btw)
5) Once in main screen with telemetry info wait a few minutes and press the Left upper area just next to the DJI logo saying "No xxxxxx connected " in red, this will take you to the Aircraft setup screen.
6) There you will see a warning message triangle, press this area and it suggests upgrading the firmware as you have 1.6.0 installed and the latest is 1.9.3
7) This started the firmware download and then with lots of beeps and blue flashing light the upgrade was a success !!!!!
8) On completion it will tell you to reboot the RC.  At the same time I closed off the DJ GO 3 app.
9) Reboot the RC again. Mine complained at low battery so I did a second reboot and 3 white LED battery level lights came up as well as the RED LED indicating no aircraft bound.
10) Turned on P4 and launched DJI GO 4 app and BANG.... full signals on RC and Video feeds and NO flashing red/green led any more just solid green.  So fingers crossed for her maiden flight tomorrow ( double fingers crossed)
I hope this helps others; note the DJI GO 4 apps does the same if you hold the 3 dashed lines for 10s or more.  I did not try this route to roll back the firmware on the RC.

2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Whatarat Posted at 2017-12-5 04:00
Hi Diana,
Sorry for the delay in reply. Now I will start at the begining. I found this P4 advanced for sale about 2mths ago and went to inspect it. I flew the drone in the sellers yard but it had many high voltage powerlines on his boundary fence, so I only took it up to roof height, moved it in all directions then landed it. I bought it and took it home (very excited). now when home I set it up on the table to do all the checks including serial number checks and then I found the mAh on the battery not to be 5870 and only 5350, so I continued with the checks online (before the website closed down on 5 Nov) and the serial numbers confirm the drone to be only a P4, purchased in the US approx 18mths prior. So I contacted the seller and he apologised and accepted the return of the P4. About a month goes by and the seller contacts me and tells me I can now buy the P4 considerably cheaper as he only had a few more days before leaving the country. This is in line with what he told me when I inspected the P4 the first time. So I bought the P4 inspected it in the box but I did not fly it at his place. I came home and charged the battery on RC and drone and checked a few things. I connected the drone to the RC inside my home (now nighttime) and I was getting strong interferance messages popping up. The screen on the ipad during the warm-up process would give me a poor image of the room, very scrambled image, then it would change to 1/4 of the screen being clear but the remanding 3/4 of screen was solid green. then the screen would go totally blank and the "NITS" signal would appear at the top near the Dji logo. I took it out the next morning to a clear field near a large lake and flew up to 200m away and back. Its flight was very stable and it responded to all my commands except it would not take a photo or shoot a video. during the entire flight the screen continued to change from totally blank to the same as described the night before. Never at anytime did I get a full clear image for more than a few seconds and when I did get a good image, it would freeze, so I think it was having trouble connecting to the remote. Oh I forget to mention, during the warm up, it did all the crazy stuff the same as the night before. Something I forgot to mention when the drone was flying and close to me I noticed the camera was hard to the left and looking at the left skid/landing frame. Also on one or two occasions I turned the drone 90deg and it turned back by itself to its original position. I have never seen this type of behaviour before. I was concerned of a potential flyaway so I brought it home and started to do some troubleshooting. I attempted to refresh the firmware on the drone and it failed at 55%, I tried to refresh and it gave me confirmation of that step, so I again tried to upload the latest firmware 0106 and again it failed. I tried again without the sd card. I formatted the sd card and tried again. I tried 3 difference sd cards of various sizes, all while attempting to reload the latest firmware and always failing at 55% each time. The details are App 4.1.18  Aircraft 02.00.0106  RC 1.9.3 Flight database 01.00.01.07  basic app fly safe database 01.00.01.05  preciseapp fly safe database 01.00.01.07

Rob, thank you so much for the details, it looks like there is something wrong with the image transmission module. May I know what error code you've got when you failed to upgrade/ Refresh firmware?
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

ludovicpizzera Posted at 2017-12-6 13:02
Thank you for your prompt replay and for your support but I tried to use your 2 solutions without success.

Finally I solved the issue following the suggestion of the user @skyguy17 who I will thank :0)

Thanks for your update, I am glad to hear that you finally got it resolved. Hope you can enjoy the drone, happy flying!
2017-12-6
Use props
Whatarat
lvl.1
Thailand

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-6 18:38
Rob, thank you so much for the details, it looks like there is something wrong with the image transmission module. May I know what error code you've got when you failed to upgrade/ Refresh firmware?

Hi Diana,
Air Encoder Error (0x2800020) appears in the overall status and the camera status light continues to blink red/green on the aircraft.
2017-12-8
Use props
Reghardt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815217 ft
South Africa

I want to know if anyone else has issues with the BETA 02.00.0600?

I have flown a couple of times and sometimes it seems stable and sometimes not.

My camera is not stable it looks like it is vibrating.

Has anyone else encountered something similar?
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Whatarat Posted at 2017-12-8 00:33
Hi Diana,
Air Encoder Error (0x2800020) appears in the overall status and the camera status light continues to blink red/green on the aircraft.

Rob, I am sorry to say that you may need to send the drone in for diagnosis, please refer to the link below to contact the Support, they'll help you to start a case.  
https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Reghardt Posted at 2017-12-8 03:51
I want to know if anyone else has issues with the BETA 02.00.0600?

I have flown a couple of times and sometimes it seems stable and sometimes not.

Hi, Reghardt, have you tried to calibrate the IMU and the gimbal?
2017-12-8
Use props
fansa6012e67
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-3 19:08
Hi, I've also added it to your account, please check it.

Hi diana! Please send me 600 version in my account. I want to try it but what is the advantage in 600? Thanks
2017-12-8
Use props
fansa6012e67
lvl.1
Philippines

Email: ikaduhaka@gmail.com
2017-12-8
Use props
obiwanjacobi
lvl.1

United States

dji susan or dji diana how can i get the beta firmware?
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansa6012e67 Posted at 2017-12-8 16:35
Hi diana! Please send me 600 version in my account. I want to try it but what is the advantage in 600? Thanks

Hi, what is the current firmware version of your drone? Is there anything wrong with your drone? If yes, please provide me with the details.
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

obiwanjacobi Posted at 2017-12-8 16:45
dji susan or dji diana how can i get the beta firmware?

Hi Obiwanjacobi, which drone are you referring to, P4? Is there anything wrong with your drone? Please provide me with the details.
2017-12-11
Use props
Berthold
New

Germany

Hello,

please make the firmware beta 2.00.0600 available in my account berthold.stenger@gmx.de.
We have big problems with erratic flying.

Thank you
Berthold
2017-12-25
Use props
obiwanjacobi
lvl.1

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-11 00:41
Hi Obiwanjacobi, which drone are you referring to, P4? Is there anything wrong with your drone? Please provide me with the details.

Yes the phantom 4. I have bad video signal and erratic flying. Always says high winds when there are none and while in active track it’s always avoiding obstacles that aren’t there (erratic flying) please send me the newest beta. It’s been months since I’ve enjoyed my phantom I hardly ever use it since the update... it was fine before that
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Berthold Posted at 2017-12-25 03:31
Hello,

please make the firmware beta 2.00.0600 available in my account .

Sorry, which drone are you referring to? Should you have any further questions, please click the reply button under my post to reply me, thanks.
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

obiwanjacobi Posted at 2018-1-8 14:52
Yes the phantom 4. I have bad video signal and erratic flying. Always says high winds when there are none and while in active track it’s always avoiding obstacles that aren’t there (erratic flying) please send me the newest beta. It’s been months since I’ve enjoyed my phantom I hardly ever use it since the update... it was fine before that

Please provide me with your DJI Account email, I'll add it to your account.
2018-1-8
Use props
obiwanjacobi
lvl.1

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-1-8 19:15
Please provide me with your DJI Account email, I'll add it to your account.

Socom_player1111@yahoo.com
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

obiwanjacobi Posted at 2018-1-9 10:56
Socom_player1111@yahoo.com

Copy that, I will add it to your account within 1 business day.
2018-1-9
Use props
Lukand
lvl.1

Slovenia

HI I have  the same ishue  can I get beta firmware  to my account   lukand@gmail.com
2018-1-10
Use props
flycamnet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11312 ft
Turkey

HI I have  the same ishue  can I get beta firmware  to my account   ferdi.atay@gmail.com
2018-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules