No camera image (black) [Mavic Pro]
10129 17 2017-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf1e4c08d
lvl.1
North Macedonia

Hey Everyone!

I had my brand new Mavic Pro for 2 days only before this issue began. I had 2-3 flights of 2-3 minutes with everything working okay. I was using the SD card that arrived with him, and took some photos and videos. I switched to my 64 GB Micro SD and the issue began.

I only have black screen as an image and the camera is constantly focusing. There is a telemetry transfer, I can see ther radar feedback, I can controll from the app and all of that. I went trough the forums and tried everything that I could have found. In the video transmission I can see some transfer of 0.2mbps.

Details
Firmware Bird 01.04.0100
Firmware RC 01.04.0100
DJI Go 4 4.1.18

Things that I have tried
- iOS 11 iPhone with the bottom and side usb
- iOS 11 iPad Pro with the bottom and side usb
- Samsung Galaxy S7 with the bottom and side usb
- formating the SD card
- Returning the old SD card (and formating)
- Reset to factory defaults
- update to the same firmware on both bird and RC
- gently moving the gimbal while drone off
- connecting to the bird using wifi
- changing bird batteries
- reset camera settings from the DJI Go 4 app

I tried contacting DJI support, but I have received no reply on email. Chat is constantly

Please help me. I would really appreciate any feedback here.
2017-12-4
Use props
fansf1e4c08d
lvl.1
North Macedonia

When taking photos/videos there is shutter sound but nothing gets stored to the SD Card
2017-12-4
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Have you tried disconnecting and then reconnecting the cable when you get no video? Super weird, though, that it fails on all three devices.... You are formatting the MicroSD cards in the Mavic, right (not on a computer)? I would def concentrate on the card that came with the Mavic for now -- there have been reports of weird behavior with some cards that went away when switching to properly formatted cards and cards known to be reliable in other devices.

I'm guessing if you've tried all the above to no avail in addition to all the things you've already attempted, you do need to have DJI look at it -- hope you hear back from them soon.

2017-12-4
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

fansf1e4c08d Posted at 2017-12-4 19:46
When taking photos/videos there is shutter sound but nothing gets stored to the SD Card

This really sounds like a problem with the card -- have you checked to see if the card is locked so it can't be written to?
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, so is it the transmission become black after you change the SD card? And all you have tried doesn't help to get the image back, right? Could you please post a screenshot of the transmission and the version of the app? Here is the route for checking the version: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about. I would like to check the app first. Thank you.
2017-12-4
Use props
fansf1e4c08d
lvl.1
North Macedonia

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-12-4 20:37
This really sounds like a problem with the card -- have you checked to see if the card is locked so it can't be written to?

Thanks for  your reply.

I have tried formatting the SD card both on the Mavic and on Mac (in fat32 and ntfs). I have the same issue.

I have changed 3-4 cables for android and iOS, the issue persist. I get no video from the very beginning, it is not lost during flight or after some moments.

Thanks for the feedback, I will search for some more advanced formatting software. I have no idea how that might help.
2017-12-5
Use props
fansf1e4c08d
lvl.1
North Macedonia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-4 20:39
Hi there, so is it the transmission become black after you change the SD card? And all you have tried doesn't help to get the image back, right? Could you please post a screenshot of the transmission and the version of the app? Here is the route for checking the version: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about. I would like to check the app first. Thank you.

Hey Thor, thanks for your fast reply.
Hi there, so is it the transmission become black after you change the SD card? The drone was off when I changed the SD card. Next time I switched it off, I got the black screen.

And all you have tried doesn't help to get the image back, right?
I did everything listed, the issue persist.

Could you please post a screenshot of the transmission and the version of the app? Here is the route for checking the version: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about. I would like to check the app first. Thank you.

Unknown-3.jpg

Unknown-2.jpg

Unknown.jpg
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansf1e4c08d Posted at 2017-12-5 01:04
Hey Thor, thanks for your fast reply.
Hi there, so is it the transmission become black after you change the SD card? The drone was off when I changed the SD card. Next time I switched it off, I got the black screen.

Please try to remove the SD card, keep the SD card slot empty and reset the camera settings again. If it doesn't help, I would suggest sending the drone back since you had already tried many ways.
Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2017-12-6
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I would do what tgor says then try a factory reset on drone with assistant 2 on computer. Dont format sdcard on comp
2017-12-6
Use props
fansf1e4c08d
lvl.1
North Macedonia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-6 04:07
Please try to remove the SD card, keep the SD card slot empty and reset the camera settings again. If it doesn't help, I would suggest sending the drone back since you had already tried many ways.
Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

Hey Thor!

I will try doing this as well and update here.

Currently I am in Skopje, Macedonia and I got the drone from US. Is the warranty international? Where it would be the best to send the drone? Somewhere in Europe or US?
2017-12-6
Use props
fansf1e4c08d
lvl.1
North Macedonia

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-12-6 06:08
I would do what tgor says then try a factory reset on drone with assistant 2 on computer. Dont format sdcard on comp

I tried Factory Reseting the drone using DJI Assistant 2. This did not helped.

When trying to reset the RC using the DJI Assistant 2 I get Factory Rest Failed message. I dont know why is that.
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansf1e4c08d Posted at 2017-12-6 06:36
I tried Factory Reseting the drone using DJI Assistant 2. This did not helped.

When trying to reset the RC using the DJI Assistant 2 I get Factory Rest Failed message. I dont know why is that.

Sir, I agree with Thor, the drone need to be sent in for repair. As for the warranty, it is not international. As you purchased from US where the warranty located, it might be chargeable service to repair in EU, please kindly note. For more details, please visit here: http://www.dji.com/service/policy
2017-12-6
Use props
fansf1e4c08d
lvl.1
North Macedonia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-6 20:06
Sir, I agree with Thor, the drone need to be sent in for repair. As for the warranty, it is not international. As you purchased from US where the warranty located, it might be chargeable service to repair in EU, please kindly note. For more details, please visit here: http://www.dji.com/service/policy

Basically you are selling bad product, and expect customers to pay for fixing it because they bought it elsewhere.

Not sending it in, I will document this behaviour publicly, then make some durability videos of the drone on youtube.

Thanks!
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansf1e4c08d Posted at 2017-12-7 03:31
Basically you are selling bad product, and expect customers to pay for fixing it because they bought it elsewhere.

Not sending it in, I will document this behaviour publicly, then make some durability videos of the drone on youtube.

Sincerely sorry about this. We have double checked with the engineers, confirm that the drone need to be sent in. In considering of the warranty, we recommend to purchase from local authorized dealers so that one can get the local warranty, please kindly understand and respect our policy. Thanks!
2017-12-10
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansf1e4c08d Posted at 2017-12-7 03:31

Have you upgraded to IOS 11.2, apparently 11.1.2 was causing problems with DJI Go4  4.1.18
2017-12-10
Use props
fansf1e4c08d
lvl.1
North Macedonia

lannes Posted at 2017-12-10 04:53
Have you upgraded to IOS 11.2, apparently 11.1.2 was causing problems with DJI Go4  4.1.18

Yes, the iPhone is on iOS 11.2

The issue persist on Android as well. Several version, on several different phones.
2017-12-11
Use props
fansf1e4c08d
lvl.1
North Macedonia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-10 03:57
Sincerely sorry about this. We have double checked with the engineers, confirm that the drone need to be sent in. In considering of the warranty, we recommend to purchase from local authorized dealers so that one can get the local warranty, please kindly understand and respect our policy. Thanks!

I do respect the policy. That does not change the fact that you are selling bad product. Or the fact that I am traveling and left without a drone.

I can send it in US in May, when I get back. The product will still be bad.

I will avoid DJI. Loudly.
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansf1e4c08d Posted at 2017-12-11 00:52
I do respect the policy. That does not change the fact that you are selling bad product. Or the fact that I am traveling and left without a drone.

I can send it in US in May, when I get back. The product will still be bad.

Thanks for getting back to us. Once the unit arrived, the local team will do damage assessment to check the exact status and offer you the corresponding solutions. Please send it in at your earliest convenience and leave your case number here, we will keep follow up for you, thanks!
2017-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules