Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

myron@iwantlemo Posted at 2015-6-15 11:27
The P3 is MUCH more reliable than the P2.

I'm not DJI, but  - yes - in a sense you are correct.

DJI pushes the envelope. They have made the decision to do this.

These are business decisions made at the highest levels there. They could wait an extra 6-12 months before releasing their products and do a lot more testing.

They also could have released the P3 and charged $1500 for the Advanced and $1900 for Pro - and they would have sold 10's of thousands of them.

They make decisions - and we, as consumers, also make decisions.

ALL quadcopters are experimental. You would have a logical point if there was such thing as a bunch of quadcopter with a 99.9% reliability rate - but there is not (yet).

That being the case you can only compare DJI to other makers. If you feel the Solo is better, you are making that assumption on a complete lack of data (and, in fact, the small amount of data available isn't looking good)....but, yeah, I understand you are mad at DJI.

Fine. Be Mad. Spend your time on forums telling people to buy untested and unproven units. If that makes you happy - so be it.

2015-6-14
Use props
myron
lvl.4

Philippines

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-6-15 11:37

DJI pushes the envelope. They have made the ...

im not interested solo features BUT IM SO MUCH INTERESTED 3DR WARRANTY POLICY if the machine broke itself then 3dr confirm flight logs was machine issue they will replaced everything including gopro so DJI can challenge this? i think its late now in america bro, time to sleep ohhh by the way another new P3 flyaway http://forum.dji.com/thread-20780-1-1.html this is never ending flyaway lmao..
2015-6-14
Use props
jayson
lvl.1

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-6-15 11:37

DJI pushes the envelope. They have made the ...

"Fine. Be Mad. Spend your time on forums telling people to buy untested and unproven units. If that makes you happy - so be it. "

Because the P3 is tested and proven right? It is pretty unproven as far as I am concerned. Lag, crooked gimbal, language barrier for support, lack of support, lack of acknowledgement of any problems whatsoever, cant fly in warm climates, lack of Android support, lack of Android app
2015-6-15
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jayson Posted at 2015-6-15 19:59
"Fine. Be Mad. Spend your time on forums telling people to buy untested and unproven units. If tha ...

Simple. Don't buy one.....

Most pilots think it is proven enough. In fact, the relatively skilled and experienced owners over at RCG are singing it's praises...and, yes, they know about Android problems, etc.

If you truly feel you can get a better machine for the money - get one. Then hang out at those forums (for your machine) and sing it's praises.

But you are all looking silly if you suggest people buy the Solo - which is currently a complete train wreck according to many who purchased it. Even some of the biggest fanbois are now admitting stuff like "maybe it will be ready for Christmas" or "This is not for inexperienced flyers".

I'm going to buy and review a Solo (eventually) because it's my job. But I'm going to wait a number of months to even think about it.

In short, the Phantom  is ready now for flying. 10's of thousands of people are flying it.
The Solo is not. No Gimbal....lots of problems. Even with only a couple hundred in the air!
2015-6-15
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

hahaha I am reading so many bad things about the 3DR solo on forums like many people are experiencing crashes that are not the pilot fault, and A LOT of people are complaining about the customer support, some even say it's worse then DJI! lol
2015-6-16
Use props
myron
lvl.4

Philippines

ohh theres another one crash everyday non stop crashing http://forum.dji.com/thread-21789-1-1.html
2015-6-17
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jack57 Posted at 2015-6-17 12:30
hahaha I am reading so many bad things about the 3DR solo on forums like many people are experiencin ...

I think they have already changed that "replace" policy to say a "hardware failure" which is their fault - earlier statements said a "system failure".

Obviously being incapable of getting a decent GPS lock and then flying off is a "system failure".....

So, you fellas are saying that  - 6 months in - when Solos start falling into the river 3DR is going to replace them all?

I'm very doubtful. Very.

If they have a 1% failure rate they may do something...if it's a 10% rate they simply will not be able to afford to replace cameras and machines.

Wait and watch.
2015-6-17
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-6-17 21:49
I think they have already changed that "replace" policy to say a "hardware failure" which is their ...

+1
Exactly!

I'm trying to convince my buddy to not buy the solo just yet.
2015-6-17
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

They have come up with an entirely new angle that means they don't have to replace any Solos ever!!

This is pure marketing genius.

They now - lots of insiders, engineerings and long-time 3DR users - have stated categorically that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a Solo to have a "flyaway". This is being repeated over and over again

Yet there are already many stories of exactly this!  Yet when the stories are posted, others say it was not a flyaway! A guy was just flying to take pics of a local tractor dealership...he's an experienced pilot. His machine took off and went into the wild blue yonder and he won't get it back.

Yet other Solo fans are saying - again and again - this is NOT a flyaway.

And, since the warranty mentions replacement because of the "dreaded flyaway".....and such a thing is impossible....well, there you have it.

We used to joke in this hobby about "unscheduled landings" which meant crashes.....but we were joking. These guys are dead serious. They are claiming a flyaway is impossible as more and more units are flying away. One "connected" dude is claiming they are 99% user error.

Anyway, stick a fork in it. The Solo may be something people look at in the fall, but to talk about it now like it should be considered by those who want to take aerial pics and video is ridiculous.
2015-6-17
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

myron@iwantlemo Posted at 2015-6-17 21:18
ohh theres another one crash everyday non stop crashing http://forum.dji.com/thread-21789-1-1.html

There's a very small number of crashes.
Far fewer than for the P2 series.
Most for operator issues and some for other causes - like any technology there is a small failure rate.
With the P3, the failure rate is remarkably small.
2015-6-17
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-6-18 08:31
They have come up with an entirely new angle that means they don't have to replace any Solos ever! ...

Man, thats the same thing with the Phantoms since the P1. Ppl say fly away and all Phantom fans will chime in and say that wasnt a fly away but user error. The truths is i wouldnt buy a solo now but the P3 has problems as well, they are both in beta phase i would say. Dji can probaly solve it faster because the p3 is basically a small inspire but have problems
2015-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules