5130 68 2017-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stefgo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5081736 ft
France

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-1 14:23
So you only downgraded the firmware on your Pro+ controller, not the craft?

No I downgraded the craft
2018-1-2
Use props
AtumRa
New
United Kingdom

Hi All, I've just got my Phantom 4 Pro and its asking me to upgrade the Craft to '01.05.0300'. I'm trying the update from the Pro Controller, and have connected the craft to the controller using the USB lead (and also tried using the small adapter as I've heard that should work), but the 'Start to Update' button is never live(pressible), so I can't press it.

How do I get the update actually applied?

Thanks for your support.
2018-1-2
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

AtumRa Posted at 2018-1-2 13:26
Hi All, I've just got my Phantom 4 Pro and its asking me to upgrade the Craft to '01.05.0300'. I'm trying the update from the Pro Controller, and have connected the craft to the controller using the USB lead (and also tried using the small adapter as I've heard that should work), but the 'Start to Update' button is never live(pressible), so I can't press it.

Not sure you want to but have you established a communications link with the aircraft in normal (preflight) conditions?
2018-1-2
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer

United States

AtumRa Posted at 2018-1-2 13:26

I think you may have to connect aircraft directly to your phone or ipad and run DJI Assistant
2018-1-2
Use props
Tom Saavedra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38415 ft
United States

Adriano Milanez Posted at 2017-12-31 05:12
After the upgrade, I am experiencing frequent signal loss between aircraft and RC. I think this is serious and dangerous. I am thinking of downgrading!

Same here. Not flyable.
Had to downgrade.
2018-1-2
Use props
giorgos1966
lvl.4
Flight distance : 273757 ft

Greece

With  01.03.0509  which version DJI GO4 you have?
2018-1-2
Use props
Popie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 608642 ft
United States

Wow I'm kind of new to this phantom 4   had it 4 weeks and its been cold so not a real lot of flying. Today was nice so took it for a ride to my friend place about 1/3 mile away been there a few times. was looking down and the picture suddenly went funny? brought the camera back up and everything was upside down. Was a bit scary and I was thinking about the return to home button, cause it's way hard to see where you are going upside down. but then just switched to the map screen and brought her home. screen stayed like that until I turned off the copter. I just updated the firmware in it and had calibrated every thing. 2 day ago.
2018-1-2
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

By careful research and reading up on old threads like this or this you might find a way.
Make sure you find the right files for your equipment or you might make things worse.
2018-1-3
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Even it has become very old, #1 in this thread tell all that the manual excluded, really should be sticky all over those forums.
2018-1-3
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer

United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-3 06:44
Even it has become very old, #1 in this thread tell all that the manual excluded, really should be sticky all over those forums.

So has anyone actually documented that after upgrading the firmware and then doing all of the calibrations, that everything is fine?  Seems to be a lot of this "shoot from the hip" upgrading and things go "Kafluey" and everyone is scratching their heads.
2018-1-3
Use props
Popie
lvl.2
United States

stefgo Posted at 2018-1-2 10:16

How do you do that?
2018-1-3
Use props
Popie
lvl.2
United States

stefgo Posted at 2018-1-2 10:16

How do you do that?
2018-1-3
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Anokadrone Posted at 2018-1-3 12:25
So has anyone actually documented that after upgrading the firmware and then doing all of the calibrations, that everything is fine?  Seems to be a lot of this "shoot from the hip" upgrading and things go "Kafluey" and everyone is scratching their heads.

I have had a number of flights after upgrading the firmware and have not had any issues at all so far.
2018-1-3
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5081736 ft
France

Popie Posted at 2018-1-3 17:36
How do you do that?

2018-1-4
Use props
Popie
lvl.2
United States

stefgo Posted at 2018-1-4 01:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rf0elzz52g

Well it is not like that on the Plus   is is possible to downgrade the pro plus ???
2018-1-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Popie Posted at 2018-1-5 15:42
Well it is not like that on the Plus   is is possible to downgrade the pro plus ???

Yes for sure just copy the FW to card mounted in RC and downgrade using the local update option.
2018-1-5
Use props
Adriano Milanez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136463 ft
Brazil

I did a factory reset and reinstall firmwares on both aircraft and remote! But it did not fixed! Still having connection problems!!!
See this post of the same issue:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D386%26typeid%3D386
2018-1-7
Use props
roland fly-boy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 733402 ft
United States

My issue:  Since updating the software to the latest version at the end of December 2017, if the camera is pointed directly down, and then I move the drone into position for the photo, two things happen simultaneously: 1) the orientation of the drone controls flips 180 degrees, and 2) the picture on the controller screen flips 180 degrees. It's very wild.
2018-1-7
Use props
ROKI
lvl.3

Croatia

which means a yellow warning ?
2018-1-8
Use props
ROKI
lvl.3

Croatia

2018-1-8
Use props
ThaiFlyer
lvl.4
Thailand

Getting lots of weak transmission warnings, I have rolled back FW, seems to be better but more testing needed
2018-1-8
Use props
andy10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

It is the same story of upgraded issues we have been listening almost all the year.

WHY you people doing upgrades at all?! If the craft workes well, it is stupid, to upgrade it.
2018-1-8
Use props
ROKI
lvl.3

Croatia

I did not upgrade
2018-1-8
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

andy10 Posted at 2018-1-8 02:20
It is the same story of upgraded issues we have been listening almost all the year.

WHY you people doing upgrades at all?! If the craft workes well, it is stupid, to upgrade it.

I can only answer for myself but it did my first upgrade late June to get rid of a lot of annoying pop  ups keep telling me that a update was required.
With the statement: "If you are not satisfied with this update, you can revert to older firmware using DJI Assistant 2" i thought that if i was not satisfied and downgraded again the pop up's would be gone but ...
2018-1-8
Use props
pbxcomm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58182 ft
United States

Reading the last few posts on recent firmware upgrades issues, I wish I could go back to the original firmware that came with my Phantom Pro 4 +.. In a hurry and excited for the next firmware that's going to fix and improve all known recent issues, I lost the original firmware file(s). That's being said, would anyone know of a file storage area that we could access to downgrade our firmware with original DJI firmware files? It seems the older more stable firmware files are very hard to come by and DJI will not support this.
2018-1-8
Use props
Hazy Jay
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I was forced to upgrade. The Go app told me I couldn't connect aircraft until I did the update so I had to update firmware and controller. I'm yet to do my first flight, should I be worried?
2018-1-8
Use props
Hazy Jay
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Chewbacca Posted at 2018-1-2 03:44
FFS Dji, my phone auto upgraded to the new firmware so I had to upgrade the drone too - is it possible to downgrade to the last firmware?? Please help I am on vacation in Rio and need this sorted asap !

When I started my update it told me I could downgrade using DJI Assistant if I needed to. I've not had to do so yet myself though as I'm waiting for a clear day to do my first flight and see if there are any issues.
2018-1-8
Use props
Chewbacca
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Is it possible to downgrade the app to the dji go before this new one?
2018-1-23
Use props
fans51593cfb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78107 ft
Guatemala

Hi, when updating my P4P to V01.05.0300, it get stuck all the time at 24% and then the error code: 0x020903.
My drone keep flashing red/yellow/green lights and the camera pointing down even when turning on and off the battery.
I tried to reset factory settings.
What do you think is happening? What can I do? THANKS!
2018-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules