EDIT 10: JtrJr & Friends
6212 153 2015-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
birdfolk5555
lvl.3

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-28 19:24
Here it is, distance attempt 04. I'll edit the first page and put it there as well.

Distance Attemp ...

I just watched D.A. 04---and it was AWESOME!
You da man.
Where were you hiding, behind that dumpster???

Also---the bird pics are great. I hope for a few of my own, someday.
2015-4-28
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-28 19:24
Here it is, distance attempt 04. I'll edit the first page and put it there as well.

Distance Attemp ...

Damn! I put the wrong info in the video! It was 4.77 not 4.22. That little bit was a lot!

Jerry
2015-4-28
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

birdfolk5555 Posted at 2015-4-29 06:24
I just watched D.A. 04---and it was AWESOME!
You da man.
Where were you hiding, behind that dumpste ...

Thanks Mr. Bird,

Quite a day for me! The last minute was gut wrenching trying to get it down before it crashed! Did I earn a limerick yet?

Jerry
2015-4-28
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-29 04:26
Wow!  Great flight!  I would love to see that same flight in a few weeks and then again in two mon ...

All I can tell you is plan, plan, plan!

Jerry
2015-4-28
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-29 02:28
Wow...25,162 feet. Ok, gotta try and beat that...

Ray,

Get it done! It's all for the fun of it Man!

Jerry
2015-4-28
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-29 06:50
Ray,

Get it done! It's all for the fun of it Man!

I will give it a try.  Going out to west Texas this weekend and taking my bird to hopefully get some video.....cactus....mesquite....cactus....mesquite.
2015-4-28
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Crash Number 2 this morning. Just completed a mission and wanted to finish off the battery. I saw the horses playing around so I thought I'd jump in. Got a bit to close to the tree! Damage was minor, a busted prop guard. As soon as it hit I shut the motors down. 40 second clip provided. Had prop guards in inventory. Replaced broken guard, checked calibrations in Assistant Software and am preparing for test flight.

Jerry
2015-4-29
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-29 23:57
Crash Number 2 this morning. Just completed a mission and wanted to finish off the battery. I saw th ...

OOps is right!
Jerry, put that thing in manual mode and see what you can get for top speed.
2015-4-29
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Ray,

Test flight good! Did that a few times yesterday and only managed to get 43 out of it. I think I need a bit of wind to get a good go at it. Next chance I get. Today I'm working on more practical applications. Farmer friend has a little power station not too far from my home. I'm setting up a GS mission to go out to it at 100' and then drop down to 30 and make multiple passes from different directions. I want to see if I can get useful observation video to check it without having to physical drive out to do it. I did three runs yesterday but want to get a bit more precise. When I finalize a good flight path, I'll upload a video and provide a link.

Jerry
2015-4-29
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Great video of the nest.   Any idea what type of eagle?
2015-4-29
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

acenothing Posted at 2015-4-30 01:18
Great video of the nest.   Any idea what type of eagle?

Ace,

Bald Eagles. Right now there are 3 of them, Mom, Dad and a yearling. We think there may be eggs in the nest too but I wouldn't go any closer than I already did. We don't want to spook them.

Jerry
2015-4-29
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-29 23:57
Crash Number 2 this morning. Just completed a mission and wanted to finish off the battery. I saw th ...

Glad there was minimal damage.
2015-4-29
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-30 02:22
Glad there was minimal damage.

Nrg,

No sweating the small stuff! Up and flying again! Burned through five batteries already today!

Jerry
2015-4-29
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-30 02:30
Nrg,

No sweating the small stuff! Up and flying again! Burned through five batteries already toda ...

No mail yet?  That has me worried.  Glad you are flying though.
2015-4-29
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-30 04:00
No mail yet?  That has me worried.  Glad you are flying though.

"The Tube" just arrived! I'm writing a note now.

Jerry
2015-4-29
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-4-30 04:20
"The Tube" just arrived! I'm writing a note now.

Jerry

Perfect!  As long as it arrived.
2015-4-29
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

A little practical application test today. The objective was for a farmer friend. To go out approximately 2500' at 100' altitude and drop down to approximately 15', to make several passes over a small irrigation power station at 8-10Mph to ensure that no physical damage has occurred. Will save him from a 6 mile truck ride to do the same. Was actually quite challenging for me. The altitude and camera control was a bit tricky. I also tried to do a few ATTI speed passes to burn up the battery at the end per Ray's suggestion. Think I need to work on that a bit on a day with a bit more wind. I edited the trip to and from the site out to shorten the clip. Happy flying!

Jerry

2015-4-29
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-29 02:28
Wow...25,162 feet. Ok, gotta try and beat that...

Ray,

This one is per your suggestion. I spent the day trying to find out how fast I could get The DeathTrap to go. There was a slight wind so that helped a bit. Next big wind and I might give it another go if I can safely get the bird in the air. Put eight batteries through it and edited it down to 5:30 minutes of the best runs I could get.

Jerry
2015-4-30
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-1 14:31
Ray,

This one is per your suggestion. I spent the day trying to find out how fast I could get The ...

That's pretty cool. You hit 50mph a few times. I like that video you sent me. That quad was really fast and the guy flying it really knew his stuff. Did you see how close he was flying to the ground? You should post it here.
On a side note, I took mine out yesterday evening, calm, blue sky. Powered it up, let it sit got blinking green with a red. Let it sit a little longer, same thing. The most satellites I could was 6. Got my phone out and checked the GPS Status app, 6 sats. Opened up the Solar Activity app, Solar X-Rays-active, Geomagnetic field-quiet, which is normal. Flew it anyway, once I got in the air the best I could get was 8 sats. I don't know what was going on, I usually get 10 to 12.
2015-5-1
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-5-1 21:17
That's pretty cool. You hit 50mph a few times. I like that video you sent me. That quad was really ...

Time to start flying more ATTI. Sats here are usually very good but when they're low I'm flying ATTI. I've been practicing in ATTI a lot more. A little moe intense on takeoffs and landings. Have a great trip Ray. I'll be waiting for some clips!

Jerry
2015-5-1
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-30 05:32
Perfect!  As long as it arrived.

Nrg and Friends,

You're probably getting bored with these by now but here's another one. I did this one for a farming friend of mine and his Grandkids.

http://youtu.be/OE1ILQcb-z4
Jerry
2015-5-1
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Not board at all, I like watching your videos.
2015-5-1
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-2 13:53
Nrg and Friends,

You're probably getting bored with these by now but here's another one. I did thi ...

Jerry,
Not at all bored!  Loved the video.

On a side note - it may be a Note that I get.  What were the things you said you used for mount?  RAM?  Don't know what that is and could not tell from the pics.

Chris
OOPS - not a note, that is a phone, a Galaxy Tab 4  7"- will that work?
2015-5-2
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-5-2 15:30
Not board at all, I like watching your videos.

John,

Thank you very much, John. I'm trying to mix things up a bit. Obviously, I'm far from a "professional". I'm very glad you like watching them, makes all the late nights of editing worthwhile!

Jerry
2015-5-2
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-5-2 19:27
Jerry,
Not at all bored!  Loved the video.

Chris,

Glad you liked it, thank you. How long before you pull the trigger on the Note? I just crawled out of bed, takes me a while to get my mind in gear. I'd like to drop you a note before you head out. Explain the RAM stuff.

Jerry
2015-5-2
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-2 20:01
Chris,

Glad you liked it, thank you. How long before you pull the trigger on the Note? I just cra ...

It is 8 am here - I will be going around noon.  Off to do 'chores' now.
2015-5-2
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Ok, finally got this video uploaded. The wife and I went to our deer lease this weekend out west of San Angelo TX. I flew 3 times at different locations on the ranch. One is a GS flight I took which overflew my 2 deer stands. I know of 6000 acres on this ranch, at least I have been in the areas but I think there are a couple thousand more I haven't seen. It's surrounded by other ranches so it's pretty isolated. Might be boring....lots of mesquite, cedar, rocks, and buzzards. Also, it was quite windy which made it tricky for landing as you will see a few bounces. After fiddling around for a few hours putting this video together I noticed on the last banner I I misspelled "that". I wasn't about to redo it all again. Enjoy
2015-5-3
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-5-4 09:03
Ok, finally got this video uploaded. The wife and I went to our deer lease this weekend out west of  ...

Ray,

Wow, you're the winner with 21 minutes of video! I was getting hot and thirsty just watching it. I was hoping you were going to take me to the pond at the end so I could jump in and cool down! It looked like the buzzards were checking you out a bit. I liked seeing them fly in and out of the video. As you said in your note, lot's of the same terrain. I bet you've bagged a few deer there. Look's like you could get a pretty good bead on them from the stand. I know how much work it is to get everything ready and upload it to Youtube. Your work is greatly appreciated and thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Jerry
2015-5-3
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-4 10:03
Ray,

Wow, you're the winner with 21 minutes of video!  I was getting hot and thirsty just watch ...

Jerry,
After I uploaded the video, 3 hours later it told me the file was too big. It took it anyway. Yes, with only 2 batteries I didn't have much flying time. There were some other stands I wanted to fly also but didn't get to. I think with the wind the way it was my batteries got used up faster than normal.
We have gotten some nice deer off that place. Most of us are pretty conservative hunters and try to take the older ones. Glad you enjoyed it.
2015-5-4
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Just took a look at this thread after a few days of it moving down the list. Wow! This new forum format sure messed it up!

Jerry
2015-5-6
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

This is what you don't want to do! Poor mission planning resulted in this near disaster. Everything is good to go now.....after a good drying out. Shows you how much rain we have had in Texas. I got lucky this time.
2015-5-18
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-5-18 22:22
This is what you don't want to do! Poor mission planning resulted in this near disaster. Everything  ...

That was nuts, Man! So glad the bird survived!

Jerry
2015-5-18
Use props
BazzaVMC
lvl.2

Australia

Wow some really great footage there Jerry, inspiring to say the least
2015-5-18
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

BazzaVMC Posted at 2015-5-18 22:59
Wow some really great footage there Jerry, inspiring to say the least

Thanks Bazza! We're all trying. I even got everything set-up so I can take it out with a few of my bikes. My wife and I did a test run a few weeks ago. It all worked great, I think there's a clip or two on my YouTube stuff: https://youtube.com/user/jtrjrjtrjr

Glad to see you supporting the Vets. I did six active in the USMC.

You'll love this thing just don't get complacent. Take your time, be studious and read, read, read. If you can't figure something out, try to search it out, if you still can't figure it out, drop a thread on here and we'll all try to help you out. There's a lot of great folks here but there's been a big influx of new people so the guys that "really" know things won't chime in unless they know you've done some leg work first. Lot of Vets in here too. Have fun and we'll look forward to seeing more of your clips!

Jerry
2015-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules