3083 11 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shayd93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've got my drone 2 days ago but haven't had the chance to fly it during the day and in open space (Work and stuff) Today I got the chance to, and after playing the aerial video back ,what happened? A big smudge/fingerprint on the top left corner, oh well. Cleaned it carefully but ruined the whole footage, tried it again, same thing. Took it home and examined the camera very closely. I found out that the fingerprint is ON THE LENS and NOT on the round glass part that covers it. Now my question is either how BAD DJI's quality control is or How the F*** does one send a dirty 1300$ drone to the customer? ARE YOU SERIOUS DJI? What's I'm sussposed to do with a camera that has a pernament booger on it? Look at it in 4K everywhere I fly???

Photo of the defect
2015-5-6
Use props
fr0gburp3r
lvl.1

United States

That's pretty sad.

Your negative post will be deleted in 3, 2, 1...
2015-5-6
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

Lets just say, think about where it is coming from. Are you really surprised?
2015-5-6
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

l haven't had a chance to check out my camera quality yet, it's seriously overheating and making strange noises. l did notice though that the Phantom itself was dirty when l opened the box. lt smelled like oil and had some kind of shavings all over the top of it, and all around the motors.
2015-5-6
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

That's bad, but I think that the outer glass and housing will screw off the camera body exposing the lens so you can clean it. Another post speaks of this glass cover unscrewing.
2015-5-6
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Pls contact U.S Support, you can get a replacement in this condition. Truly sorry for this.
2015-5-7
Use props
maxtam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 205633 ft
Hong Kong

Great! You got the fingerprint and you will catch the killer!
2015-5-7
Use props
olympic_spice
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98934 ft
United States

Man I've seen so much defects on this forum. Makes me not want to purchase the P3.

Hopefully DJI will improve there packing in the P3 V2.0, i think the cause of most of these defects and damage right of the box is because of the packaging.
2015-5-7
Use props
Robharris07
lvl.2

United States

You say, what am I suppose to do with it? SEND IT BACK, DUH!
2015-5-7
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

olymic_spice  take a long look at the other products on this forum.You will be glad that you did.If packaging was the solution there would be no problems when you consider that this is their fourth production....p1-p2-inspire 1-and p3.Comb over all of the phantom sections and the inspire1 on this forum...look at the gripes...you will be surprised at what you find...Invest wisely.  
2015-5-7
Use props
shayd93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

olympic_spice Posted at 2015-5-7 21:48
Man I've seen so much defects on this forum. Makes me not want to purchase the P3.

Hopefully DJI ...

The drone itself is fine, the packaging does sucks and I've had the same issue, box shaving, some dirt spots, and small scratches on the bottom of the Gimbal but I blamed FedEx since the packages I receive from them always had been shaken around.
2015-5-7
Use props
tchavalas
lvl.4

United States

Right now... DJI is rushing to build all of those back ordered Phantom 3's.  Apparently in the rush to fill orders...  Some quality control is slipping. This is unfortunate.  It damages DJI's reputation and costs them a lot more money to replace or correct a manufacturing defect after the sale than it does to correct it before shipment.  DJI will loose money replacing defective drones and have their reputation scarred by poor quality control.

I ordered my Phantom 3 on Amazon.  At the time I ordered the drone it estimated the ship date as May 15th.  A week later it said May 30th.  Now it says June 5th.  I would rather wait until they have time to properly assemble & test my drone before shipping it.  

I am sure DJI is doing the best that they can...  But I just hope they understand that poor quality control damages their company's reputation.  Please ship working drones.  Not broken ones.
2015-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules