Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
g1rek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 386381 ft
Poland

Hi,
Please DJI Help.
What is wrong with my drone ? Newest software aircraft and rc, newest app DJI go 4 on iPad air 2.

Any suggestions ? Service ? I have warranty. What I have to do?

DJI HELP
2018-4-17
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Gimbal vibration. Check it while the drone is sitting on a table. Can you touch very softly the gimbal axis (where it enters into the shell)? If it vibrates, this is the problem. So, either you change the gimbal vibration absorbers (there is a spare part for it) or the best, you send it back for repairing.
2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just a silly question, the gimbal lock has been removed, right? Did the drone crash before? Please try to refresh the latest firmware V 01.05.0600 and calibrate the IMU and gimbal. Please keep us updated if the issue persists. Thank you.
2018-4-17
Use props
g1rek
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-17 21:07
Just a silly question, the gimbal lock has been removed, right? Did the drone crash before? Please try to refresh the latest firmware V 01.05.0600 and calibrate the IMU and gimbal. Please keep us updated if the issue persists. Thank you.

Hi,
Thanks for reply. Gimbal locked ofcourse has been removed before flight. I had a litlle crash about 6 months ago, but everything seems okay. What you mean refresh latest firmware ? Reinstall ? Downgrade and upgrade again ? I actually have 01.05.0600 version.
2018-4-17
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

g1rek Posted at 2018-4-17 21:48
Hi,
Thanks for reply. Gimbal locked ofcourse has been removed before flight. I had a litlle crash about 6 months ago, but everything seems okay. What you mean refresh latest firmware ? Reinstall ? Downgrade and upgrade again ? I actually have 01.05.0600 version.

When you say a little crash can you clarify.
The p4p is a high precision piece of equipment and does not take kindly to being crashed.
How long have you had this fault for?
Have you noticed any vibration in the gimbal or the drone when sitting on a table?
Have you done a gimbal calibration?
2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

g1rek Posted at 2018-4-17 21:48
Hi,

Yes, refreshing the latest firmware via DJI Assistant 2. If the issue persists, you might need to send the drone back for diagnose. Please contact our support for a further help: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-4-18
Use props
Zhiran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1061115 ft
Iraq

That is not a software issue, it is about the gimbal, mine do the same after a crash.

you can calibrate the gimbal and check if the yaw arm is bent or not?

2018-4-18
Use props
g1rek
lvl.2
Poland

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-17 22:53
When you say a little crash can you clarify.
The p4p is a high precision piece of equipment and does not take kindly to being crashed.
How long have you had this fault for?

Hi,
1) Dron fell from 5 meters. I did gimbal&sensors&imu calibration and drone have seemed to be ok.
2) I have feeling, that this problem does not always occur, it seems to me that would be after updating the software, but Im not sure.
3) I didnt noticed any bibration in gimbal when its sitting stable on a table, but I heard some noices when Im was doing calibration of sensors, but only in second stage, first and third was good.
4) Ofcourse, I did.

@DJI THOR
I tried to refresh latest firmware, but DJI Assistant 2 doesnt show me any current or older firmwares. I clicked refresh, restart DJI assistant 2, drone and everything but still nothing
2018-5-7
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

g1rek Posted at 2018-5-7 04:28
Hi,
1) Dron fell from 5 meters. I did gimbal&sensors&imu calibration and drone have seemed to be ok.
2) I have feeling, that this problem does not always occur, it seems to me that would be after updating the software, but Im not sure.

Try logout then into Assistant2, if not that help then make sure you have the latest version installed, v 1.2.3 last i looked. If even that don't work better do a reply on latest post from Thor, he might not notice you replied another user.
2018-5-7
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This is a problem because the torque/power of the gimbal motors on the P4P are vastly inadequate for the camera's weight. They aren't capable of maintaining the camera at a stable angle if there's a slight to moderate amount of G force. I'm on my 2nd P4P which is exhibiting the same issue and 'GIMBAL MOTOR OVERLOADED' error messages. I'm sending it back for the 3'rd replacement which will undoubtedly exhibit the same issue as well. DJI needs to replace the roll motor with one that has more torque. FYI, I'm not flying in Sports mode, this is in P-GPS with little to no wind but trying to do panning shots or any shots which require panning is almost impossible.
2018-5-8
Use props
fansda08114c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326657 ft

I am experiencing the same gimbal wobble and I haven’t crashed my P4P at all. I have the latest firmware, I have new props, use NDs, calibrated the IMU, calibrated the gimbal too. It’s so frustrating. I’m trying to run a professional aerial video business and I just can’t hand footage over to the client with this slight wobble to it. There’s things I can do in post to try and fix but it’s just papering over the cracks here DJI. My P4P is not even a year old and is well looked after and maintained. Please please help.
2018-5-8
Use props
g1rek
lvl.2
Poland

Hi,
My aircraft is weird Sometimes it seems that everything is okay, sometimes its not.
I had new problem with gimbal... , suddenly gimbal gets crazy. I made video once again, and seems okay, but in next 3 days when I was making a video, this error have repeat..... and today my drone just flew into a traffic sign... and broke propellers, get scratches etc, and dont know what more, becouse I didnt have more propellers with me.
Aircraft its still on warranty, and also I have dji care refresh.
If this issue will be [software/hardware/DJI error] (not user error), is there any option that I could get new drone via warranty ? or only via dji care refresh ?

Greetings
2018-5-29
Use props
g1rek
lvl.2
Poland

2018-5-30
Use props
Grzegorz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44049 ft
Poland

I have exactly the same problem: ((
DJI Phantom 4 pro is scrap ..
I do not know why dji does not do anything about it .. Motor current protection is too sensitive for quickly cuts off by what ill-balanced gimbal is swinging to the right.

2018-6-1
Use props
Union Bell
lvl.2
Belarus

I have absolutely the same issue as in OP's post. If he would say that he took my drone and shot this video I wouldn't doubt it at all)) By the way before this gimbal vibration I had just a "Jello" effect

So any info on how to solve it? Only returning and replacing it helps (sometimes lol)?
2018-10-19
Use props
Capt Tom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1595121 ft
United States

Did anyone ever figure out how to fix this gimbal issue? My Pro does it in the slightest of breezes. It is like the gimbal kicks out at the slightest bump in the road. Driving me crazy and costing me a lot time and money in the field. Did DJI come out with a fix yet?
2020-9-11
Use props
emptech1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 440 ft
United States

gimbal motor overheating
2023-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules