A2 New Firmware Update Failure Solve Method
21555 63 2015-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrwolf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65404 ft
Australia

A2 Assistant Software v1.8 is now available.
Thank you for being a good patient.
2015-5-29
Use props
asif_bhimji
lvl.2
Flight distance : 323540 ft
United Kingdom

Assistant v1.8 is there but I don't see any pretty nurse yet...
2015-5-29
Use props
antibodyfilms
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-20 18:03
A2 v2.5 firmware does support the GPS PRO.
But you need to make sure the LED firmware version is 2. ...

I have the GPS PRO and I am getting a Kernel error and there is no loader info under the GPS module (see pic).  Are you positive I can use the GPS Module v2.4 with the newest versions of all the other firmware and should i be concerned about this kernel error?

thanks,

kernel error2.jpg
2015-5-29
Use props
antibodyfilms
lvl.1

United States

antibodyfilms@g Posted at 2015-5-30 10:19
I have the GPS PRO and I am getting a Kernel error and there is no loader info under the GPS module ...

Nevermind i answered my own question- I used 1.4 to upgrade the GPS module to 2.6.  The 1.6 assistant on the mac was not allowing me to.
2015-6-1
Use props
haug.reini
New

Germany

antibodyfilms@g Posted at 2015-6-2 08:06
Nevermind i answered my own question- I used 1.4 to upgrade the GPS module to 2.6.  The 1.6 assist ...

I have the same problem. GPS Module Loader 0.0 and 2.4. Where can I download the A2 Assistant Software 1.4 for windows? With actual 1.8 I cannot upgrade the GPS.
2015-6-2
Use props
ahmed214
lvl.2

United States

after updating the firmware to 1.8 , i m getting intermittent beeps from my ESC.....and secondly the controller constanntly blinks red, giving me the transmitter mid point error..i hav calibrated the transmitter multiple times...also the slider of all the sticks is at the middle position in the assisatnt software...any ideas?
2015-6-2
Use props
antibodyfilms
lvl.1

United States

haug.reini@goog Posted at 2015-6-2 23:09
I have the same problem. GPS Module Loader 0.0 and 2.4. Where can I download the A2 Assistant Soft ...

DJI-Autumn posted the mac version in this thread, luckily because I didn't have it and it is not available anywhere on the internet (i literally searched for hours).  Maybe she can post the windows version as well?
2015-6-2
Use props
Reini
New

Germany

antibodyfilms@g Posted at 2015-6-3 02:17
DJI-Autumn posted the mac version in this thread, luckily because I didn't have it and it is not a ...

I also searched for hours in the internet for the old A2 assistant software for Windows and cannot find it. Is there any other possibility to solve this problem?
I also wrote my problem to Dji service half a week ago, but got no response.

I bought a new A2, did an software update before first flight and now it cannot work. I think this is very bad!
What can I do? I don`t want to buy a mac, only to solve this problem. I think Dji should solve this problem soon with a new A2 release as soon as possible!
2015-6-6
Use props
turbojim
New

Canada

I am running into the same issue...
Tried 1.4 and 1.8 on Mac but first update was done on PC.
I also have a brand new pro not a plus that I just installed.

DJI SNIP.PNG
2015-6-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe your were not patient enough.
2015-6-10
Use props
TC_
New

Australia

Hello,
I am having trouble updating the GPS Module. Note that I have GPS Pro (not the pro plus), also I'm using v1.8 of the assistant software.
I have tried different computers and still not able to update. All other components have updated except the GPS Module.
When I try to update the GPS module, it downloads then waits and then displays error message "Upgrade failure! please power cycle device and try again!"
Here are my version details:
Main controller v2.5
IMU v2.5
LED v2.1
Receiver 2.4G v1.1
GPS module v2.4
GPS Pro v2.6

Please help me progress the update.
Thank you
TC
2015-6-19
Use props
jon11
lvl.1

Italy

these new update destroyed my a2. nothing worked. only problem. they fixe the gps puck with a new one just to create more problems.
my s800evo is totally unusable. i try everything.
now i fixed the problem i had , but the led light still is flashing three red.  i cannot do the compass calibration.
in the assistant there are no error but the led flash only red.
i have a2 with gps pro , not the plus.

2015-7-12
Use props
jon11
lvl.1

Italy

My assistant

assist<nt

assist<nt
2015-7-12
Use props
steve
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17269813 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

I wanted to try cruise control, so I loaded my usual DJI Assistant v1.8 and went to the IOC page to turn it on.

There was a "firmware mismatch" warning and a message that said I needed to update my firmware.

Oh I wish I hadn't clicked that button. So now I'm trying to fix things.

According to the Assisstant v1.8 all of my firmwares are up to date.
When I turn on the s1000+ all the ESC's beep. From the manual this seems to mean they aren't receiving a signal.

I've tried re-do'ing the update, but no help. I've calibrated the IMU.

Help?? I have a job in 48h and really need to get this thing working again.  Thanks.
2015-8-22
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

steve@wingnutae Posted at 2015-8-23 02:38
Hi,

I wanted to try cruise control, so I loaded my usual DJI Assistant v1.8 and went to the IOC pag ...

Did you re-map everything? When you do the upgrade you have to go back in the assistant and map the channels and also there will be a lock on the top right of the assistant box that you have to click on to unlock...you probably are getting the beeps because the type of rotorcraft was changed...meaning make sure the 8 rotor with the 2 red nose is checked.
2015-8-22
Use props
steve
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17269813 ft
  • >>>
United States

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2015-8-23 06:24
Did you re-map everything? When you do the upgrade you have to go back in the assistant and map th ...

Hey Dennis,

That was it. I didn't know I had to re-map everything.

Sure wish I'd known to export my settings beforehand, but now I do.

Thanks much!
2015-8-22
Use props
jjd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11250 ft
South Africa

Well, well, well, after two months of staring at a continuously flashing red LED, I followed DJI-Autumn's well-presented set of instructions - and finally got the S1000+ / A2 to start its motors with the apparently correct sequence of LED lights flashing. Perhaps today we have a lift-off. Mission control standing by!

THANK YOU !!

Justin

2015-10-16
Use props
Captain Salty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15233940 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

asif_bhimji@yah Posted at 2015-5-30 03:37
Assistant v1.8 is there but I don't see any pretty nurse yet...

I've just been through all this... not fun.

It would help IMMENSELY if DJI kept an online archive of all the older assistants and firmware for situations like these.

My S1000 will not fly on the latest firmware whatsoever. Constant red flashing LED. Tried shorting the MC as described and redownloaded and installed the firmware 5 times. Same flashing red light and GPS error.

Does anyone out there have A2 Assistant 1.4 for PC?
2016-2-2
Use props
photocopter2013
New

Turkey

Captain Salty Posted at 2016-2-3 05:27
I've just been through all this... not fun.

It would help IMMENSELY if DJI kept an online archive ...

I have a2 assistant 1.4 for PC ... if you give your e-mail. I send ...
2016-3-28
Use props
Captain Salty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15233940 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

photocopter2013 Posted at 2016-3-29 06:45
I have a2 assistant 1.4 for PC ... if you give your e-mail. I send ...

Thanks, that would be great.

info at droneworks dot org dot nz
2016-4-2
Use props
MacATX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25840 ft
United States

I'm having trouble programming the fail safe endpoints in the A2. I can only get it into atti mode and when I toggle the mode switch it it skips the failsafe position. This also prevents me from being able to do a compass calibration.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Link to a screen recording of the issue.
2017-3-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

MacATX Posted at 2017-3-28 16:18
I'm having trouble programming the fail safe endpoints in the A2. I can only get it into atti mode and when I toggle the mode switch it it skips the failsafe position. This also prevents me from being able to do a compass calibration.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Just to clarify, are you using a DT7 transmitter or a Futaba that can use the DR16 receiver?
2017-3-29
Use props
MacATX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25840 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-29 10:36
Just to clarify, are you using a DT7 transmitter or a Futaba that can use the DR16 receiver?

I'm using a Futaba T14SG. I fixed this issue by changing the endpoints within the futaba.
2017-4-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

MacATX Posted at 2017-4-1 18:54
I'm using a Futaba T14SG. I fixed this issue by changing the endpoints within the futaba.

Good to hear!
2017-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules