Corrupt images on P3 Pro
2167 10 2015-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gregbenz
lvl.1

United States

Is anyone else seeing corrupt photos from their P3 Professional?  My last couple of flights are having issues on up to 50% of the still photos.  The images are showing 4 bands where the pixels are shifted dramatically to the right, with the left edge showing purple pixels.  The bands tend to be in the same location on each of the images (not exactly the same, but very close).  Based on the consistency of these, I would rule out the memory card as a source of corruption - there is either something systematically wrong with the way the P3 Pro is capturing or saving images, or with the way that Lightroom is importing the RAW, converting to DNG, and displaying the image.  I'm attaching a sample image showing the issue.  

DJI_0013.jpg
2015-5-21
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

When did the photos start to be corrupted? Just from your recent flights or ever since you buy it?
Can you provide a DNG file for me to analyse?

2015-5-22
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Do you shoot DNG+JPG and do they come out the same?

Looks pretty bad and abnormal. I would guess you have a faulty unit
-
Buy your DJI Phantom 3, DJI-gear, extra DJI Batteries, DJI Hardshell Backpacks from the DJI Store by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-22
Use props
gregbenz
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-22 19:13
When did the photos start to be corrupted? Just from your recent flights or ever since you buy it?
C ...

Size of uploads are limited.

It isn't every flight, but all P3's are new - so impossible to say if anything has changed.  Hasn't crashed or had anything like that.  Unit is effectively exactly as it was when I received it.

2015-5-22
Use props
gregbenz
lvl.1

United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-22 22:58
Do you shoot DNG+JPG and do they come out the same?

Looks pretty bad and abnormal. I would guess yo ...

I'm always shooting RAW.  I posted JPG here because I had to stay within the 1MB posting limit.
2015-5-22
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

gregbenz Posted at 2015-5-23 03:55
I'm always shooting RAW.  I posted JPG here because I had to stay within the 1MB posting limit.

Gotcha.

But what I asked was if you shoot RAW+JPG. So you get both a DNG and a JPG every time.

It was a feeble attempt at toubleshooting, to see if there was a difference between the two (I would not expect there to be). If there was a difference, perhaps it was a strange memory-card error. With emphasis on perhaps.

Hope you find a solution. Sorry about the problem, must be very frustrating. I know I'd be annoyed.

-
Buy your DJI Phantom 3, DJI-gear, extra DJI Batteries, DJI Hardshell Backpacks from the DJI Store by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-22
Use props
mfdahm
New

Denmark

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-23 04:40
Gotcha.

But what I asked was if you shoot RAW+JPG. So you get both a DNG and a JPG every time.

Hi

I have the exact same problem. I am using a P2V+ and Lightroom. I see the problem when using Lightroom 5 and 6 on a Mac, however on my Windows 8.1 PC with Lightroom 4 I never see any problems. I am thinking it could be due to how Camera raw renders the DNG files?

2015-5-24
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

You can upload it onto cloud and post the link to download.
Or you can send the DNG+JPG files to autumn.a@dji.com.
2015-5-24
Use props
dbrinda.gmail
New

United States

I have the exact same issue. I just updated the firmware to  v1.4.0010, and almost every shot I took during my trip this weekend is corrupted. In lightroom, the preview image is fine for a second, then once the DNG loads, it show the image corruption.

DNG image for reference:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pwolx ... 3_DJI_0144.DNG?dl=0

I did notice some of the same image weirdness while flying, but i thought it was just Lightbridge streaming issue...didn't think it would get baked into the .DNG image. Hugely disappointed I lost the images...8hr drive for nothing. If anyone has a fix or way to recover the images, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dave
// Update...figured it out.... (well not really sure why it's happening, but I fixed my images)

To rule out card reader/import issues, I re-imported all the images again using a different card reader. Same issue..pink corruption lines thru the images. On a hunch, I tried dragging the exact same DNG directly into Photoshop. Here's where it gets weird....

The corrpution shows briefly (2sec) in Photoshop Adobe Camera RAW, and then screen refreshes, and the corruption is gone. Toggling back to Lightroom the image refreshes and the corruption is gone there too. (See attached screenshots)...

So the fix that worked for me is, in Lightroom, select: Metadata > Update DNG Preview & Metadata. The force-updates the preview and all the image corruption dissappears.

Not sure if it's just cooincidence, or if new Firmware had anything to do with it. We'll see if the problem persists. I'm just happy the images are recovered and my 8hr drive was not wasted.

corrupt.jpg
Preview_fix.jpg
2015-9-13
Use props
dbrinda
New

United States

dbrinda.gmail Posted at 2015-9-13 19:41
I have the exact same issue. I just updated the firmware to  v1.4.0010, and almost every shot I took ...

Ok, so that issue is back and now on every single image I take.

And the previous Lightroom/Photoshop trick is not working — the corruption is baked into the file and appears in both Lightroom and Photoshop when opening.
2015-11-22
Use props
fans4b987ad0
New
Canada

I am having the exact same problem. Was wondering if you have figured out what was going on.  
2016-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules