Announcement - Price Adjustment for Mavic 2 Pro
20395 99 2018-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nikono
New

United States

I'll wait for MP20 or 21 because the earth including mountains, hills, rivers, houses, buildings, etc. don't change as viewed from above.
2018-9-26
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

I was going to wait a few months to get one, now I think I will wait another year. That way, the bugs, manufacturing issues AND the price should all be fixed.
2018-9-27
Use props
Just_nick
lvl.4
United States

Yup, and picking one up refurbished will cost less than $800.
2018-9-27
Use props
HCL
lvl.2
Germany

I don't get the complaining about less sharpness. In my opinion it's the exact opposite. The footage from the P4P for example is too much sharpened out of the box. You can clearly see the enhanced contrast at edges. That's not natural sharpness ... it's processed. I find it better to have a more neutral image that i can sharpen later in a controlled manner than the other way around. That's what you learn when you start shooting video and want a "film-look". Color depth and dynamic range is something you can't get back in post but sharpness is not an issue here.
I work for two weeks with the M2P now and besides the barrel distortion (which i accept right now as i have a correction profile for post production now) this is an awesome piece of tech and it's totally worth the price in my opinion. I am glad that i didn't send it back because ot the distortion.
2018-9-29
Use props
bornstar1713
lvl.1

India

Excellent , thank you!
2018-10-1
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-10-2
Use props
Newbie89
lvl.1
Ireland

Any mod online? i cant post new threads... i just joined the forum and have done all the usual stuff still cant post.
2018-10-2
Use props
klarabee1
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the info!
2018-10-12
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

i paid so much for mavic 2 pro so expensive after u change the  price
2018-10-15
Use props
apextv
New

THe Hasselblad is 28mm. Not a fish eye. But, to get a usable image you have to shoot at h265. This takes away some of the cinematic feel of the shots I like. I'm very disappointed in the camera and feel like the advertising was false. NOT able to take advantage of the full sensor.
2018-10-19
Use props
yagmur55
New

Turkey

bernardren07 Posted at 2018-10-15 04:59
i paid so much for mavic 2 pro so expensive after u change the  price

Yes, nice product, bu it can be cheaper
2018-10-19
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14451480 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

think the price for the propellers went up from 10 to 12 and now to 15 USD. Happy I did my shopping at the release
2018-10-25
Use props
hackerrr
New

Spain

Gracias por la información Grace. algo de dinero ahorrado
2018-10-27
Use props
cu3rv0bl4ck
lvl.1

United States

this sucks
2018-10-31
Use props
Mavic_Jay
First Officer
Flight distance : 2113419 ft
United Kingdom

Does the MP2 / Zoom have a wider lens?

Does it have fisheye?
2018-11-4
Use props
Andrewstpierre
New
Australia

I want to ask a Q in the Osmo page. And it diverts me to an old (very old) forum thread that is closed. What do I do?
2018-11-4
Use props
warloc59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 209160 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 9-16 01:04
Hasselblad belongs to DJI ;-)

DJI owns a majority stake in Hasselblad.  Not good for Hasselblad as DJI has problems of their own which could trash Hasselblad reliability as we know it today.  I have been a photographer for 40 years and in my opinion it’s bad for Hasselblad if DJI has “ANY” hand in developing Hasselblad camera and gear.  Sad.
2018-11-6
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

warloc59 Posted at 11-6 07:07
DJI owns a majority stake in Hasselblad.  Not good for Hasselblad as DJI has problems of their own which could trash Hasselblad reliability as we know it today.  I have been a photographer for 40 years and in my opinion it’s bad for Hasselblad if DJI has “ANY” hand in developing Hasselblad camera and gear.  Sad.

To be fair Hasselblad was on the way out. They have had several owners recently. With the high end Nikons and Canons  encroaching on their space for a fraction the cost their sales were not good for the last decade. From memory they were  doing a lot of price cutting as well.  Hasselblad earned their reputation on wet film cameras and carried that over into the digital world by working with others. . I thought they digital sensors were Sony?

What DJI will have benefited from is Hasselblad's general imaging technology. I think it is quite a stretch to say it is a Hasselblad camera.  However for the money it has damned good performance.

I will be shooting in 1080p HD to match my other ground based video cameras. For that the Mavic 2 Pro platform is great. Despite 8K on the horizon a lot of the world is still looking at SD and "moving to" HD.   Many platforms can't handle 4K  in reality anyway.

The question is not has the price gone up but  is it worth you YOU the price you actually pay for it when you buy it?  
2018-11-7
Use props
fans1c9a5847
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1114685 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

S.J Posted at 9-15 04:51
Hasselblad lens  does not belong to DJI.  its simply purchased from Hasselblad ,Sweden  or Switzerland

But the Mavic 2 Pro Zoom is the first of its kind with a lossless zoom for closer shots.

And no fish eye!
2018-11-8
Use props
Sky Chief
lvl.2

United States

simis Posted at 9-15 04:57
with fish-eye distortion Hasselblad[view_image]

I made a separate post about the distortion issue on the Mavic forum. Is there some reason why DJI/Hasselblad could not offer an Aspheric lens? I have a fisheye and an aspheric lens for my DSLR. The aspheric lens is actually wider than the fisheye but produces far less barrel distortion, with no apparent tradeoffs. Both lenses were comparatively affordable.  
I would be very enthusiastic about a Mavic with aspheric lens option. And yes, I would pay extra for that. But with current technology, aspheric lenses are not appreciably more expensive to build.
Thank you
2018-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules