Is this a joke because we're back to work on Monday,
or can we trust this info ?
2015-6-12
Use props
venturedrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326693 ft
United States

I had 2-3 great days with my Phantom 3 and my recommended android app. Updated to 1.1.9 firmware and have spent every day since dealing with and troubleshooting ridiculous lag. The longer DJI takes to fix this, the worse it gets.
2015-6-12
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

AS a workaround optimize your tablets, remove facebook, g+, everything what is running in background as a service. It maybe temporary allow to fly before DJI make fix.
2015-6-12
Use props
kc2jds
lvl.4

United States

I am sure DJI will fix this for us but in the mean time WE the customers have to make sure that this problem gets noticed by potential buyers before they go spending LOTS of money on a very expensive paper weight , i guess i punished myself by buying a P3P instead of a team black sheep discovery pro, and making the mistake of thinking that the P3 would be kept updated like my naza v2 was.  
2015-6-12
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

kc2jds@gmail.co Posted at 2015-6-13 04:24
I am sure DJI will fix this for us but in the mean time WE the customers have to make sure that this ...

P3 is still great product, 100% worth buying, which leaves the competition far behind, I am loving to flying it.  You can optimize smartphone and fly with a wide smile even on it bugged app. (of course this is only workaround, but i have hope we soon get a fix)
if someone asks whether I am satisfied, or whether I would buy again, i will answer: Yes!
2015-6-12
Use props
kc2jds
lvl.4

United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-6-13 05:20
P3 is still great product, 100% worth buying, which leaves the competition far behind, I am loving  ...

IT IS a great product thats why i went and bought it with three batteries and a case and was happy of the result , and all i can say I HOPE they fix it for us, IT IS NOT an excuse for them to tell us to go buy another tablet or supported device when it worked just fine on an earlier version in the reports by others, i know that there is something wrong but for DJI to close the firmware downgrade and make it a closed platform not like the naza would make it very fast to die and not improve on it or make it user friendly in cases like this.
2015-6-12
Use props
jwhite
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-13 02:18
I tested my iPad 2 mini with the current version of the App yesterday.  17 minute flight with no l ...

Hmm... not sure then. I know after checking the settings it said my battery on the P3 was at 49c. I'm wondering if that topped with the fact that my iPhone 6+ was extremely hot with use combined to start producing these issues possible? I had all apps closed, wifi off, and also had decode enabled. Running out of ideas of looking for a fix on something that seemed to not have been a problem prior to updating anything at all. My flight was fine for about 5 minutes then it went haywire and I couldn't get it to work. I tried moving locations (thinking maybe a building was messing with it), nope same issue. Again, maybe just an overheating battery on P3 problem or iPhone6+ overheating, or both combined.

If I had more batteries I would be able to do more than 20 minute tests every 2 hours, :p maybe #2 will show up soon.
2015-6-12
Use props
Rsheehan79
lvl.1

United States

Note 4 works nice for me. No more than a second or two lag and at 2000 ft horizontal distance
2015-6-12
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

andi81 Posted at 2015-6-13 01:04
Hi, but the Apple devices have the same lag problem with the firmware 1.1.9?

Not true.

The vast majority of Apple users are reporting everything works fine.
2015-6-12
Use props
leon
lvl.1

United States

Rsheehan79 Posted at 2015-6-13 06:44
Note 4 works nice for me. No more than a second or two lag and at 2000 ft horizontal distance

2 seconds is NOT acceptable!
2015-6-12
Use props
mbuhler
lvl.1

United States

I just downgraded from Android 5.01 to Android 4.4.2 on a Samsung Galaxy S4 and for the first time was able to fly with FPV.
2015-6-12
Use props
Rsheehan79
lvl.1

United States

leon Posted at 2015-6-13 07:44

Good luck on getting anything better. I have a $600 fpv system as well... not including the monitor,receiver antennas and cables... still get lag from time to time. The
2015-6-12
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

I would like to report that after I switched from Samsung Tab 3 8" to Sony Z3 (no cache recording{but still it does record video files}), no more lag.

2 flights, 30-35 minutes, no lag... thankfully.

I have now different intermittent "no USB connection" issues. Oh well.

As a programmer with 30 years of experience, I still believe (until proven otherwise... and I didn't read all above) that:
- the combination between data recording as well as everything else that the app process, creates the lag.
- the app needs to alert on start => your device might not be able to handle this or that. IE: When I insert a "cheap" card on my cannon, it reports something like "with this card, you cannot do full hd video"... kind of idea.
- DJI needs to publish need P3 libraries so other developers (such as the Licthi app) can bring this to the next level quickly.

Still to test:
- turn off WiFi on phone. It was not connect but the phone's nature is too look for an available one.

Tiny phone screen sucks but lag on table sucks more.

Hopefully DJI fixes this and all soon as Solo promises to be huge temptation in July.

Cheers all for the endurance.
2015-6-12
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

leon Posted at 2015-6-13 07:44

If that's not acceptable you should buy the highest end Apple device possible (check the geekbench scores).

These are not designed for real time flying through a maze by camera!
The monitor is for framing your video and photo shots and seeing which direction you are headed.

This works MUCH better than my analog FPV systems.

If you need the quickest frame rate, buy the quickest computer/tablet/phone.
2015-6-12
Use props
leon
lvl.1

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-6-13 09:40
If that's not acceptable you should buy the highest end Apple device possible (check the geekbench ...

Shut the back door! I have !
2015-6-12
Use props
johnmaetta
lvl.2

United States

Until the recent events that have caused increased lag and freezes of the app, I was experiencing ~300mS  (1/3 of a second) in lag.  That was using my unapproved Samsung S4 phone.
More than acceptable for FPV flying. Not for drone racing events though...LOL

At 2 seconds of lag and with your copter traveling forward at 25MHP, the display is ~38 feet behind where the P3 actually is located. That's a recipe for disaster.
2015-6-12
Use props
rincondanny
lvl.1

United States

Here is what I have experienced for myself. Purchased my P3 Pro from a local hobby shop on 4/29/15 (one of the first to get one) along with a brand new iPad mini 3  with cell service, which was bought just for my P3. the only app that is or was on the Ipad is the Pilot app. I had a few flights without any issue (original firmware) but thats when the temps here were in the high 70s to mid 80s once it got into the 90s thats when I started to have issues. I once had the IPad get so hot that if actually shut down and got an error message that "iPad needed to cool down before use" thats when I turned to the forums and Dji for help. Sent Dji an long email on 5/10/15 stating my issues, I still have not gotten a response. so fast forward  to today here is what I have done, and it has helped me somewhat. took off my Otterbox case( holds in the heat but wish I could use it), enable hardware decode, changed video feed from 6mbps to 4mbps, used a custom channel with the lowest interference and fly in big open area where I have clear LOS, i do not have confidence in the FPV feed just yet. After having around 10 flights without any issues 1.1.8 and about 5 on 1.1.9  it happened again ( lost video feed) and also received a "NO Signal" on app (still had full control). Hopefully this will get fixed soon,  its not just on Android problem  its also on IOS. I don't think that you should have to do so many custom setting just to make it alittle better especially when you using the most current tablet or phone, I think those setting were originally designed for people with older devices? Hopefully this can help someone thats my 2 cents………………(Something positive) Also scored two batteries 2 days ago from the same hobby shop i bought P3 from!      
2015-6-12
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

rincondanny Posted at 2015-6-13 10:05
Here is what I have experienced for myself. Purchased my P3 Pro from a local hobby shop on 4/29/15 ( ...

Did you turn off video caching?  That will help as well.  My iPad mini get very hot.  Last summer I had several thermal shutdowns.  I took it back to the Apple store and while they replaced the unit, they told me that it would continue to happen.  The mini is only rated to 95F.  Not much help when the temps in the Summer in Las Vegas are often over 105F.  
2015-6-12
Use props
Rsheehan79
lvl.1

United States

johnmaetta@comc Posted at 2015-6-13 10:00
Until the recent events that have caused increased lag and freezes of the app, I was experiencing ~3 ...

Ya but that was 2000+ feet out and happened once and at full speed. obviously I kept the copter above the tree line and live out in the country. So a little lag from that far away wasn't a big deal. however, if I am doing a shoot I would not have any need to be that far out and within 1500 feet, consistantl, I get no lag at all.
2015-6-12
Use props
chaseo5887
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-13 10:19
Did you turn off video caching?  That will help as well.  My iPad mini get very hot.  Last summer  ...

What's the downside to turning off video caching?
2015-6-12
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-6-13 06:53
Not true.

But there are a lot, not one or few, users with iOS who have a video lag problem. So you do not know, what group you wil be. There are still chances to video lag also on iOS device.
2015-6-13
Use props
m.vos2
lvl.1

Netherlands

Rsheehan79 Posted at 2015-6-13 06:44

lol a second or 2 lag thats terrible  that no way a safe situation to fly in
2015-6-13
Use props
m.vos2
lvl.1

Netherlands

musman1978 Posted at 2015-6-12 16:34
yes this is the case now, thx to all here involved in pushing DJI everywhere

just keep hammering them so we can finaly fly our P3'S properly and safe
2015-6-13
Use props
alessio.pac
lvl.2
Italy

christianjouvea Posted at 2015-6-13 03:56
On Monday will be a Firmware release.....wait and see

Did you talk with DJI support? give us more detail please, we are all waiting for that fix.
Thank you
2015-6-13
Use props
JukkaK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 439226 ft
Finland

kc2jds@gmail.co Posted at 2015-6-13 04:24
I am sure DJI will fix this for us but in the mean time WE the customers have to make sure that this ...

That's true, only thing is now to spread the word of this problem. Going to put short story and links to ths topic to Fin forums. Lets hope DJI will fix this problem soon.
2015-6-13
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

JukkaK Posted at 2015-6-13 18:56
That's true, only thing is now to spread the word of this problem. Going to put short story and lin ...

DJI is working on this (they confirmed this a few pages ago), but we need to get them time. They will not fix in on few hours or a day, problem is more complex, we just need to wait a while.
2015-6-13
Use props
musman1978
lvl.2

Poland

m.vos2@quicknet Posted at 2015-6-13 17:49
just keep hammering them so we can finaly fly our P3'S properly and safe

yeap pushing all the time ...
2015-6-13
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-6-13 19:40
DJI is working on this (they confirmed this a few pages ago), but we need to get them time. They wi ...

I have 2 Samsung tab s's, That I use  I have tested many units as I am the developer- manufacturer of the nebula alien sunglasses wireless fpv system,  If you have a Samsung product and downloaded the lollipop upgrade you are really screwed, Your WIFi direct will not work at all while flowing video via USB port, If you have my glasses and are connecting wirelessly do not download lollipop  The app will run about ten minutes, lagging all the way until it finally will stall completely and  crash the pilot app. (without my glasses hooked up).  I sent one tab s back to samsung they reset the tab to 4.4.2 I have had 4 full flights since with only slight skypeenous. (new word) I got the tab back with no building delay through the flight , the video flow is slightly skypee, The samsung  tab s is a reasonably fast top of the line tab and  if DJI cant make the app function correctly on it we are in trouble. I have an Nvidia Shield the video flows perfectly and my glasses will plug direct hdmi perfect video flow on tab and glasses, the compass though sucks and I will not use the Nvidia It has magnets in it, I do not want it near my sensitive equipment. I am waiting for a fix from DJI.  or there hdmi upgrade for the phantom 3 my glasses plug directly in to the remote (tested on Inspire) video flow at least through the glasses solved.
Now the delay, crash and overheating is due to :  (my software crash reports indicate) I believe that Dji is using a form of Java to flow the video the Java is looping this is what my equipment is saying this would overheat the processor constantly resseting causing the lag and eventually overheating the processor , look there Dji.   Mtnmaddamn
2015-6-13
Use props
DVD Mansion
lvl.2
Canada

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-6-13 01:16
Yes... Your TABLET is an expensive paper weight.  Try a different tablet.  My Phantom 3 is flying  ...

Really? My wife's iphone 6 which is faster than your ipad 2 is having worse lags than my Samsung Tablet S 8.4 so WTF are you talking about? IOS is just as fucked up!
2015-6-13
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

DVD Mansion Posted at 2015-6-13 22:05
Really? My wife's iphone 6 which is faster than your ipad 2 is having worse lags than my Samsung Ta ...

Hey Dvd Mansion do you have lollipop on your tab s or kit kat  do not upgrade to lollipop if you have not already done so. Lollipop is the windows ME or windows Vista of android.  I just went out and flew a full flight Tab S 4.4.2 kit kat and my glasses using wi fi direct no problems fairly smooth video some skpeenous My tab s that has lollipop wont work at all.
2015-6-13
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-6-13 06:53
Not true.

And tooth fairies are real... I am on a iPad Air 2 and having some serious lags.
2015-6-13
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-6-13 22:45
And tooth fairies are real... I am on a iPad Air 2 and having some serious lags.

You may want to look up the meaning of the term "majority".
Or, if you prefer, "most".

There are many many thousands of people using IOS devices and very few reported problems. That doesn't mean you aren't having one - just that it's probably easily fixable in your settings, etc. (or else something else is wrong).

Have you turned hardware decode on? Went into airplane mode? Made sure all running apps are quit? Turned off video cache?
2015-6-13
Use props
JukkaK
lvl.2
Finland

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-13 22:14
Hey Dvd Mansion do you have lollipop on your tab s or kit kat  do not upgrade to lollipop if you h ...

This makes me wonder why the lag comes out in 1.1.9 version?. With lollipop it was working just fine when it was 1.1.8.
2015-6-13
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DVD Mansion Posted at 2015-6-13 22:05
Really? My wife's iphone 6 which is faster than your ipad 2 is having worse lags than my Samsung Ta ...

Have you turned off bluetooth, cellular and wireless and quit all other programs?
Enabled hardware decoding?

It makes sense that Android would have 1000's of different setups, but not IOS. If you switch into airplane mode and have the hardware decode on, it should work.
2015-6-13
Use props
leon
lvl.1

United States

DJI is working on this (they confirmed this a few pages ago), but we need to get them time. They wi ...

I have been waiting 2-Weeks!! already! With No Answers to any emails that I have sent!!! They better be working on it!
2015-6-13
Use props
JukkaK
lvl.2
Finland

Or maybe DJI can test this fw upgrades before publish them? Or roll one version backwards when the problems occur? Don't know, but is long time to wait when you have holiday and nice weather outside.

Best news was that they are working on it.
2015-6-13
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

JukkaK Posted at 2015-6-13 22:54
This makes me wonder why the lag comes out in 1.1.9 version?. With lollipop it was working just fi ...

I believe the pilot app has lots of problems shows up more in lollipop, add that to lollipops problems with video and wifi direct you have got some real problems
2015-6-13
Use props
kc2jds
lvl.4

United States

Since this is starting to affect us seriously we need DJI to come up with a PC PILOT APP to run on Mac or PC so we can have an escape route in case an update for the mobile platform poops like 1.1.9.
I tried running the pilot app for android under an x86 android emulator but was not successful in getting the remote to be recognized by the guest android pilot app.
2015-6-13
Use props
Tyge
New
Norway

Phantom 3 Lag / Pause Android in FPV

Phantom 3 Lag / Pause Android in FPV

I think the headline and all the replays says it all. DJI!!!! COME ON, DO SOMETHING. I GOT MY PHANTOM 3 Yesterday and it is not cheap. I have about 10 days left to return the Phantom to the dealer, and I will do so, because it is not safe to fly the Phantom and we all know how much it will cost to fix a crash, and wath if we crash into a car or even worse a human.

I use a Samsung tab s and I am SO disapointed. Just lag and freeze

DJI!!! DO SOMETHING THAT WILL FIX THIS
2015-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules