Phantom 3 Lag / Pause Android in FPV
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fingerlaker
lvl.2

United States

V1.2.6 now released.http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download
I do not see any announcement from DJI. Is this our fix?
2015-6-15
Use props
petter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663179 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Fingerlaker Posted at 2015-6-15 20:07
V1.2.6 now released.http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download
I do not see any announcement from ...

The guy who said Monday was right... ;)
2015-6-15
Use props
Fingerlaker
lvl.2

United States

petter Posted at 2015-6-15 20:09
The guy who said Monday was right... ;)

Can't get to my P3 until tomorrow... be looking for some positive reports
2015-6-15
Use props
musman1978
lvl.2

Poland

Fingerlaker Posted at 2015-6-15 20:12
Can't get to my P3 until tomorrow... be looking for some positive reports

and he also won 6m $
2015-6-15
Use props
mark1975
lvl.3
Flight distance : 92454 ft
United Kingdom

ill get this updated when im home and test fliy
2015-6-15
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Overview:
1. All-in-One Firmware version updated to:v1.2.6
Phantom 3 Professional Release Note
Major Updates:
1. Anti-distortion feature added for images and non-4K videos.
2. Various bug fixes.

2015-6-15
Use props
petter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663179 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-15 20:37
Overview:
1. All-in-One Firmware version updated to:v1.2.6
Phantom 3 Professional Release Note

Just proceeded to the update, and seems that the transmitter is uprading to....
2015-6-15
Use props
leand70
lvl.1

Italy

Someone has began upgrading?
2015-6-15
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

petter Posted at 2015-6-15 20:45

The release notes indicated that if you had 1.1.8 installed the transmitter didn't require up-dating. The pdf file with the Bin file alluded to up-dating both.

Being an IOS user, I think I'll wait a week or so before updating. If I have to also update all of my batteries,I'm going to be in for a long day.

Don't forget to update all of your batteries.
2015-6-15
Use props
jerry486
lvl.2
Flight distance : 579357 ft
Germany

Come on guys, go home and say you're sick or something and test this
I haven't bought my P3A yet as I was watching this thread for the last week.

@DJI: what was the issue, can you shed some light please?
2015-6-15
Use props
m.vos2
lvl.1

Ireland

will update in 2 hours or so
2015-6-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

petter Posted at 2015-6-15 20:45

The Tx need to be upgraded as well.
2015-6-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-15 21:48
The release notes indicated that if you had 1.1.8 installed the transmitter didn't require up-dati ...

The Tx does need to be upgraded.
2015-6-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jerry486 Posted at 2015-6-15 22:11
Come on guys, go home and say you're sick or something and test this
I haven't bought my P3A yet  ...

There were some reports of distortion when taking photographs that has been improved.  I do not think there were major issues.  I have flown it for the last 3 days and it basically flies the same as the prior version.  My perception was that the braking esc was a little stronger, more Inspire like but that could have been just me.
2015-6-15
Use props
StevenHuff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 333852 ft
United States

DID THE UPDATE - LAG, STUTTERING and OVERHEATING IS WORSE THAN BEFORE!

I carefully did the firmware update to the aircraft and transmitter.  Verified that both were done successfully.  I went to my driveway where I have taken off and flown many many times.  I calibrated the compass.  The app showed I was good to go.  Tried to start the motors and got a failure notice "Gyroscope bias is too high.  Restart the aircraft and contact DJI".  

I shut down the aircraft, transmitter and App and restarted everything two or three time with same result.  Then I came in the house and thought I would do an IMU calibration.  Before I did the calibration, I tried the motors.  They started no problem.  Shut it all down and went back outside.  Turned on controller, aircraft and app to establish home point outside... motors wouldn't start... got same message.  Back inside... they started.  This time I did not power off the aircraft or remote and went outside.  This time motors started.  

Flew for a few minutes.  Lag and stuttering was as bad as ever.  During a yaw move, the video screen had terrible tearing, lagging, etc.  Absolutely as bad as ever.  Turned everything off.. rebooted the transmitter, aircraft and app outside.  Motors would not initialize again... same gyroscope error notice.  Phone got so hot that it gave me an overheating notice.  Using Samsung Galaxy S4 with all other apps closed and RAM cleared via the Task Manager.
2015-6-15
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-15 23:02
The Tx does need to be upgraded.

Tahoe_Ed,

I did a direct copy and past from the Phantom 3 Professional release notes.

"Notice:
l Users may skip updating the remote controller if they have already updated the firmware to v1.1.8, as the latest firmware update does not affect the remote controller. "

Are you saying that the release notes are incorrect?

I noticed that DJI didn't broach the subject on the release that drove the update of being FPV freeze. Transparency will win more fans than attempts to defuse the situation by being vague.
2015-6-15
Use props
Fingerlaker
lvl.2

United States

StevenHuff Posted at 2015-6-15 23:11

I carefully did the firmware ...

That doesn't sound to promising. Who's next to dare loading the latest update? I have found memories of the 1.1.8 days {:3_60:}
2015-6-15
Use props
leon
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-15 23:05
There were some reports of distortion when taking photographs that has been improved.  I do not th ...

What the hell do you mean the previous version, Give us some facts Man, I'm telling you, you guys at DJI are completely lost when it comes to communications, and customer support!  How about some details posted ALONG with the UPGRADE!  PDF file maybe, detail spec sheet as to what was done? If you are representing DJI, what platform and what specs are you using? I'll bet you that there are a lot of people that want to upgrade, but are waiting for some POSITIVE Replies that this firmware works!
Based on what seems to be a correct install and update from a solid P3 owner, It looks like we have the same issue!! I do rest my case, Temporarly, to hear from other owners to see if the outcome is the same. I'm beginning to wonder if DJI really has a Support Beta test group, that is all over the world to test there Firmware, Pilot Apps, and the external Hardware for, Apple, and Android. I think they have a small groupo of people that go out the back door and try it in China!

I'm being very honest here, If this lag issue with android is not fixed, by this update, or very quicly done in another update, I will be beating the Refund Drum to my State Attny General!
2015-6-15
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

According to your list, you never did the IMU calibration?
How about a compass calibration?

After a FW update I usually do both.

Did you flush the video cache, etc?
If your phone in airplane mode? Did you use a CPU monitor to see accurately if the phone CPU use was low prior to running the DJI App?

The more info the better - otherwise it's hard to compare. I will upgrade later today and see exactly what happens on my slow device (Moto-G) and my Nexus 7.
2015-6-15
Use props
leon
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-15 23:05
There were some reports of distortion when taking photographs that has been improved.  I do not th ...

If you had this New firmware for a few days, you mean to tell me that DJI never gave you any Spec sheet as to what was done, and what to look for?? I mean your statement's to me sound like your guessing on what was fixed,(Some Reports, Might have been fixed)! Do you think that sounds confident coming from someone who is suppose to be representing DJI, Are you??
2015-6-15
Use props
StevenHuff
lvl.2
United States

IMU Calibration fixed the Gyroscope error.  But video lag is still quite bad.  
2015-6-15
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

StevenHuff Posted at 2015-6-16 00:30

Without me going back umpteen pages, are you using one of the supported Android devises or something else?
2015-6-15
Use props
StevenHuff
lvl.2
United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-16 00:37
Without me going back umpteen pages, are you using one of the supported Android devises or somethi ...

I am using the Samsung S4 which is not supported but worked well with firmware 1.1.8.  Severe video lag began with 1.1.9 and is still bad with today's update.  
2015-6-15
Use props
Kevin Stewart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 649426 ft
India

Will I be able to fly ,if I don't update?
Also, aren't we waiting for a pilot app update to fix the video lag??
2015-6-15
Use props
eltaco
lvl.1

United States

StevenHuff Posted at 2015-6-16 00:44
I am using the Samsung S4 which is not supported but worked well with firmware 1.1.8.  Severe vide ...

Using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4.  I get +/- 10 minutes of flight before serious-then-fatal lags.  I'm bypassing the firmware update until DJI figures out how to fix the important stuff.  Rushing into production often results in failures.  This is a big one.  
2015-6-15
Use props
JukkaK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 439226 ft
Finland

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-15 23:01
The Tx need to be upgraded as well.

I have the LAG problem so i start to do the upgrade, aircraft done as normal.
Result: Success.
Confirmed the upgrade from the .txt file from the memory card.

Edit:
Changed brand new USB stick and now Tx update is ok:
==========2015.06.15 20:56:35==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin,
Upgrading ...
Result: Success

Next i will test the bird.
2015-6-15
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

OK guys. do not install that crap.

I stripped my tablet (Lenovo Tab S8-50 - much faster than supported Nexus II, similar to Galaxy Tab S) for 1.1.9, i got about 70% load (with GPS), and it works fine and smooth.
After 1.2.6 update i have about 85% load (with GPS) and about 55-60% without GPS, and i have got some stuttering issues.

DJI, please, do not give the shit again, because i can buy ticket to china and i will stand by you until You fix this. Now i can't use my phantom safety.
Now, i am really upset.
2015-6-15
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

StevenHuff Posted at 2015-6-16 00:30

Can you report your CPU both before and after you fire up the Pilot App?

That tablet - set up right - should have the processing power to do the basic job.
2015-6-15
Use props
Radikaltech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1385814 ft
  • >>>
Venezuela

Hi, Instaled the upgrade 1.2.6 in both P3 and controller, the went to fly under the sun to induce the behavior, got about 10mins 30secs to start lagging badly. Took a little more time to present the failure. Ipad mini 3 64Gb + 4G wifi on, cel on, do not disturb on.

2015-6-15
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Radikaltech Posted at 2015-6-16 01:40
Hi, Instaled the upgrade 1.2.6 in both P3 and controller, the went to fly under the sun to induce th ...

That is disturbing news !!!!! Just what I thought, looks like a thermal problem in the phantom, what was the outside temp when you did the test and was the iPad in a case?
2015-6-15
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

This has nothing to thermal.

My tablet is working fine on boosted 1.9 Ghz, and i have cold outside at now.

More sattelites = more CPU consumption.
2015-6-15
Use props
m.vos2
lvl.1

Netherlands

ok i also did a test flight upgraded controller and phantom to 1.2.6
completely wiped my Phone note 3 downgraded it back to 4.4.2
and still got lag killing all processes does not change anything i think the lag has even got slightly worse .
app does run beter on android 4.4.2 then 5.0.1  on lillipop the app sometimes freezes

DJI what are you doing
2015-6-15
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-6-16 01:48
This has nothing to thermal.

My tablet is working fine on boosted 1.9 Ghz, and i have cold outside  ...

The satellite calculator is inside the phantom not on the tablet or phone,  the tablet or phone are just telemetry and fpv monitoring plus camera setting control, you can fly the phantom without the tablet like a naza controller and it will hold gps without the tablet, so it is a thermal problem inside the controller of the phantom even if it is cold outside.
2015-6-15
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-6-16 01:54
The satellite calculator is inside the phantom not on the tablet or phone,  the tablet or phone ar ...

Lag is connected with CPU usage in the tablet.
on 1.2.6 I have about 15% more CPU usage than on 1.1.9 and thats why it is worse.
If you theory would be true it will not be change in CPU usage on tablet, but IS.
2015-6-15
Use props
StevenHuff
lvl.2
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-6-16 01:33
Can you report your CPU both before and after you fire up the Pilot App?

That tablet - set up rig ...

Droneflyers.com .... unless you work directly for DJI, do not ask me questions, respond to my posts or interact with me.  I have read your previous responses and posts and I prefer to have no interaction with you.  Thank you.
2015-6-15
Use props
TiagoMatias
lvl.2

Portugal

I am laughing so much... but so much because this not deserves any cry!! This is HILARIOUS!!! What the F*** is happening with this guys? What's the fuck*n problem to give us a chance to go back to 1.1.8 until they can fix this fuck*n shit?

I can't believe it its worse than ever... they must be kidding with us!
2015-6-15
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-6-16 02:01
Lag is connected with CPU usage in the tablet.
on 1.2.6 I have about 15% more CPU usage than on 1.1 ...

I am not trying to prove a theory, I am trying to collect as much evidence as to what causing this, the extra cpu cycles are for the recording of the log data, if someone want to try and measure temps with a thermal gun, video stutter is always have been linked with overheating in the computer gaming world due to overheating of the video processing core and throttling down the core.
2015-6-15
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

TiagoMatias Posted at 2015-6-16 02:10
I am laughing so much... but so much because this not deserves any cry!! This is HILARIOUS!!! What t ...

Exactly.

When they fix it and test it, then we upgrade to new firmware, until that, we want to have downgrade.
If there is problem with number of sattelites, maybe they should limit them to 8 or 10? Or give to us an ability to set number.

2015-6-15
Use props
nikpepa
lvl.1

Greece

i think i will not upgrade although i have problems with lag....please dji let us downgrade untill you fix the problem......
2015-6-15
Use props
Radikaltech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1385814 ft
  • >>>
Venezuela

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-6-16 01:46
That is disturbing news !!!!! Just what I thought, looks like a thermal problem in the phantom, wh ...

Outside temp ranges from 27 to 32ºC, Ipad was in the case, I was trying to induce the failure exposing it to the ugliest conditions... hardware decode was on.. video set to 1080p 30fps... will try again without case and under the shade of a tree to see if it improves... Video cache is on
2015-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules