no forward and backward anymore
2327 18 2019-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Whale974
lvl.1

Réunion

Hello

Sorry for my technical  English  I am French. My Mavic Air doesn't want anymore going forward and backward, all others commands are working well.

I first used it a few days ago with an Android smartphone athere were some  bugs, for example no map displayed properly, difficulties with flights programs, but I could drive the drone in every direction.

I decided to buy an Iphone a refurbished one, 6S + and installed DGI GO4. Nice, I was happy but when I tried driving I noticed the right command of RC was not working in forward and backward direction, the drone was trying hesitating but no going forward or backward.

I changed smartphone and try again with the previous  android one, same problem.

What happened and how to solve the problem

I tried the calibration, Mavic and RC without success.
Thanks for your help

2019-1-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14044580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Calibrate the remote controller (ensure the drone is switched off to do it). If that doesn't work then refresh the firmware and if that doesn't work ship it back for repairs.
2019-1-27
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thats really not good... I would follow what A CW suggests because honestly I have never seen this issue before. I hope this gets resolved soon for you.
2019-1-27
Use props
Whale974
lvl.1

Réunion

OK problem solved after factory reset, ouf!  
Previously I had always the message compas to be calibrated, I proceeded calibration but with Mavic switch on! thanks for the information "A CW"

I am leaving to morrow for Raja Ampat islands in Papousie, such beautiful scenaries! hope my drone won't drop into the ocean, i saw this happened in Reunion Island where I live. It was a big one it fell down quickly  into the ocean

As every year I swim with whales. Next season I would like to follow them in the air with Mavic air, the thing is that ocean is all around a small boat where to land. Have to be an expert, whales are sometimes very close to the boat.
2019-1-27
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Good luck and I hope everything turns out great for you!
Just my opinion, when I was flying my spark over the water I was always a bit nervous because of the crappy WiFi connection, but it didn’t fell
Ocusync drones have much better connection quality and therefore it gives you the confidence and tranquility to fly over water much much farther than with WiFi drones

Fly safely
Alex
2019-1-27
Use props
Whale974
lvl.1

Réunion

Alex B. Posted at 1-27 04:11
Good luck and I hope everything turns out great for you!
Just my opinion, when I was flying my spark over the water I was always a bit nervous because of the crappy WiFi connection, but it didn’t fell
Ocusync drones have much better connection quality and therefore it gives you the confidence and tranquility to fly over water much much farther than with WiFi drones

Yes I know, this is my first drone for travelling it's tiny and light.  Next will be radio controlled, which is safer
2019-1-27
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Glad it worked, looking forward to seeing cool videos when your back
2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that you had with your aircraft. Glad that everything seems to be working now on your end. We would recommend doing the pre-flight checklist prior to your next flight. Re-calibrate the IMU, compass and the remote controller. Check the GPS and avoid flying your drone in a hazardous environment to avoid the incident. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Have a safe flight ahead!
2019-1-27
Use props
Whale974
lvl.1

Réunion

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 1-27 05:46
Glad it worked, looking forward to seeing cool videos when your back

Ok I will show you
2019-1-27
Use props
Roy Rogers
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Glad A CW gotcha flying right again
2019-1-27
Use props
djiuser_bTG7RPlKjZ3V
New
Réunion

Roy Rogers Posted at 1-27 08:59
Glad A CW gotcha flying right again

Hello

Back from the marvellous landscape in Misool. Unfortunately my drone dropped into the water, i had previously problems of wifi disconnections. I could get it back very quickly as it was in less than 50 cm water, rinced it immediatly and let it dry under the sun.  It is working again but without image. So I sent it for repairing probably under warranty as it is new.  

I probably will sell it and get one not wifi remote controlled. Too risky!

my friends had Spark one, they did beautiful videos and photos..
2019-2-27
Use props
djiuser_51dSeRUgVUPO
lvl.1

Thailand

I have the very same issue, problem is only I'm not able to do a factory reset as I have a Mini3 with a RC-N1. The Dji Assistand 2 App does not allow to reset it either. It just installes the current again, but without any luck.

Any suggestions?
4-23 21:41
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_51dSeRUgVUPO Posted at 4-23 21:41
I have the very same issue, problem is only I'm not able to do a factory reset as I have a Mini3 with a RC-N1. The Dji Assistand 2 App does not allow to reset it either. It just installes the current again, but without any luck.

Any suggestions?

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Have you already tried calibrating the remote? To calibrate, please connect the remote controller to the mobile device first, then open the DJI Fly app and go to the image transmission page. The path of the RC calibration:【···】-【Control】-【RC calibration】-【Start】then enter the calibration page and start to calibrate. Please push the control sticks and rotate the dial to their maximum range several times in all directions. Then click the "x" in the upper left corner to exit the calibration page or wait for the App to exit the page automatically. Please keep us posted. Have a nice day.
4-24 01:55
Use props
djiuser_51dSeRUgVUPO
lvl.1

Thailand

DJI Tony Posted at 4-24 01:55
Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Have you already tried calibrating the remote? To calibrate, please connect the remote controller to the mobile device first, then open the DJI Fly app and go to the image transmission page. The path of the RC calibration:【···】-【Control】-【RC calibration】-【Start】then enter the calibration page and start to calibrate. Please push the control sticks and rotate the dial to their maximum range several times in all directions. Then click the "x" in the upper left corner to exit the calibration page or wait for the App to exit the page automatically. Please keep us posted. Have a nice day.

Yes. all movements show 100% BUT not the forward and backwards they stay at 0% no matter how hard/quick/slow/soft I move the right stick (but left + right are working perfectly 100%)
4-24 05:24
Use props
djiuser_51dSeRUgVUPO
lvl.1

Thailand

any other suggestion?
4-25 07:39
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_51dSeRUgVUPO Posted at 4-24 05:24
Yes. all movements show 100% BUT not the forward and backwards they stay at 0% no matter how hard/quick/slow/soft I move the right stick (but left + right are working perfectly 100%)

Hi there. If this issue persists after several attempts of calibrating, please send us a video for us to check the problem. Please ensure that the RC and the app interface are captured. We also recommend starting the recording from the moment when Start Calibration is tapped, performing the RC calibration twice consecutively, and ending the recording when the app displays "Calibration is successful" after the second calibration. Thank you very much for your patience.

4-27 03:34
Use props
djiuser_51dSeRUgVUPO
lvl.1

Thailand

DJI Tony Posted at 4-27 03:34
Hi there. If this issue persists after several attempts of calibrating, please send us a video for us to check the problem. Please ensure that the RC and the app interface are captured. We also recommend starting the recording from the moment when Start Calibration is tapped, performing the RC calibration twice consecutively, and ending the recording when the app displays "Calibration is successful" after the second calibration. Thank you very much for your patience.

Hi as you can see in the video it sometimes had some low percentage and Sometimes not at all. Even sometimes it has some percentage without touching the stick. Any suggestions?

I'm not allowed to add videos nor post a link here. May this is working?
youtu.be/QdfM5rJuj5c?si=JjnJ37pjoTY2ORpf
4-29 21:27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_51dSeRUgVUPO Posted at 4-29 21:27
Hi as you can see in the video it sometimes had some low percentage and Sometimes not at all. Even sometimes it has some percentage without touching the stick. Any suggestions?

I'm not allowed to add videos nor post a link here. May this is working?

Thank you very much for the update. Please try to connect the DJI RC to a computer and then upgrade/refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 to see if the issue still exists. Here is a link to be guided on how to use the DJI Assistant 2: https://support.dji.com/help/con ... ;paperDocType=paper
If the issue persists, you may need to send it back for further testing. Here is the link for the DJI support page: http://www.dji.com/support. Please feel free to keep me posted if you need further assistance. We appreciate your patience.
5-1 02:21
Use props
djiuser_51dSeRUgVUPO
lvl.1

Thailand

Unfortunately the issue still persist. As I'm currently traveling there is no chance to send it to DJI (or more precise to be able to get it shipped back to a known location).

I assume we can be pretty sure it's about the remote (and not the drone itself?), so buying a new remote should do the trick does it?
5-2 19:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules