Osmo Pocket audio delayed by 5 frames?
9661 50 2019-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

burtburt Posted at 8-20 07:11
Hi. I saw this discussion today. I bought a Dji Osmo Pocket today (20th august 2020), and experienced the sync problem. Very irritating. The audio is delayed. Does anyone know if this has been fixed? Thanks.

No, it has not.
And it's roughly five frames, depending on the frame speed selected.

Ray.
2020-8-20
Use props
djiuser_FNgmXtKU4207
New

France

BigStuart Posted at 2019-1-30 06:03
I must say I'm a bit surprised it's still only the 2 of us in here!  I think this is quite an important problem, and would like to see some engagement from DJI staff.

I suppose I'll update to the latest firmware and test again.

Hi

I just stumbled across this thread. I have just tested my new boya tie mic and saw it was lagging. So tes, it's a problem!
2020-11-21
Use props
Matt boak76
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73655 ft
United Kingdom

Is there any update for this, i have the same issue @DJI Support
2021-1-18
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

burtburt Posted at 2020-8-20 07:11
Hi. I saw this discussion today. I bought a Dji Osmo Pocket today (20th august 2020), and experienced the sync problem. Very irritating. The audio is delayed. Does anyone know if this has been fixed? Thanks.

No, not fixed. Can be easily rectified in a video editor though. And it's not always five frames. It depends on what frame speed you record at and the distance between you and the sound source which can be more noticable than the camera's mismatch.
2021-1-18
Use props
mistandcool
lvl.1

Portugal

burtburt Posted at 2020-8-20 07:11

Hey there!! It seems as no one is active on this topic. But I'm as you: I have audio sync issues with my Pocket 2 and external audio files. I use the Pocket 2 to record long walking videos, and use a Sennheiser Ambeo Smart Headset with an iPhone 6s to record 3D audio. Whenever I try to join video and audio together, it becomes out of sync after 3  or 4 minutes, and continuously increases the sync issues till the end. I record audio at 48Khz, but tried 44.1 as well, and the issue persists... Anyone?... Thanks!!
2021-2-16
Use props
mistandcool
lvl.1

Portugal

Hey there!! It seems as no one is active on this topic. But I'm as you: I have audio sync issues with my Pocket 2 and external audio files. I use the Pocket 2 to record long walking videos, and use a Sennheiser Ambeo Smart Headset with an iPhone 6s to record 3D audio. Whenever I try to join video and audio together, it becomes out of sync after 3  or 4 minutes, and continuously increases the sync issues till the end. I record audio at 48Khz, but tried 44.1 as well, and the issue persists... Anyone?... Thanks!!
2021-2-16
Use props
mistandcool
lvl.1

Portugal

2021-2-16
Use props
Simo83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72201 ft
Italy

Hi everybody...
Do we have some news?
It is really annoying DJI doesn't do anything!
Simo
2021-6-23
Use props
Filipe Coutinho
New

Portugal

alexmbraMav Posted at 2020-6-12 05:41
I just notice this problem with the Osmo Pocket.  But for me it does not start right away.
I was recording a video for more or less one hour.  It was created 9 files of 3,80 GB.
But the out of sync problem only shows up on the last two files.

Same here.  I just filmed a one hour DJ Set.  I used 4 cameras. 2 DJI Pocket, filming at 2.7K / 30fps, a DJI Osmo Action filming at 1080p / 30fps and a SJCAM also at 1080p / 30fps.

I tried it all... I synce all four cameras by a initial clap. It works... but after 20 minutes I start to see that my multicam is not accurate (DJ is touching the mixer in 2 cameras, but on both Pocket, his hands position are quite different - between pockets and the other 2 cameras).

I also tried to use the Premiere Sync...  same result. It starts perfect.  All 4 cameras all synced... but then, I have 2 still in sync and quite different frames in each Pocket.

Another weird thing is that both Pockets filmed the same amout of time (around 70 minutes non stop). Both did several files... but one of the Pockets footage was divided in 10 mp4 files + 10 LRF files, while the other Pocket only made 9 mp4 files and none LRF Files.  Both were using 128GB SD Card, same brand, same speed.

Now I really don't know how to solve this issue.... anyone knows how should I fix it in Premiere?
2021-8-2
Use props
UZZIANA
lvl.1

Italy

Hi DJI... is there anybody out there to solve the audio delay issue?
2022-1-22
Use props
djiuser_dIUzsxXOM2AF
New

Mexico

Happened while recording w/o SD card directly to an iphone.
1080 30 fps.
2022-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules