NO WIFI connection and No link between remote controller - aircraft
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cedric youbi
lvl.1

Cameroon

The wifi my phantom 3 advanced not appear when i check with my device , i try to connect my device with remote controller using the cable but no connection.
- Status LED on controller blinking red
- I have try to firmware update the update of aircraft success but for the controller failed

Please help me.
2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if the remote controller beeps while it's blinking red? Have you tried to use a different cable? You may try to watch the video below for you to possibly connect your remote without using the mobile device. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

2019-2-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Is this a P3A which you have recently acquired?

Are you aware the P3A doesn't use Wifi?

What mobile device are you using?  
2019-2-4
Use props
cedric youbi
lvl.1

Cameroon

DJI Tony Posted at 2-4 10:47
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if the remote controller beeps while it's blinking red? Have you tried to use a different cable? You may try to watch the video below for you to possibly connect your remote without using the mobile device. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVOJnUidcUk

hi thank for your answer, I try this procedure, after the led on remote and aircraft come green. but the WIFI did not appear on device also when connect the device on remote  i do not have access on cameroon , it stay on step ''how to connect''.

Best regards,
cedric

2019-2-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

cedric youbi Posted at 2-5 00:27
hi thank for your answer, I try this procedure, after the led on remote and aircraft come green. but the WIFI did not appear on device also when connect the device on remote  i do not have access on cameroon , it stay on step ''how to connect''.

Best regards,

The P3 Advanced does not use WiFi, you must connect the remote to your phone or tablet using the supplied USB cable.
2019-2-5
Use props
cedric youbi
lvl.1

Cameroon

Mark The Droner Posted at 2-4 12:40
Is this a P3A which you have recently acquired?

Are you aware the P3A doesn't use Wifi?

-I use it since 2 years
-i use somsung note 3
2019-2-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

cedric youbi Posted at 2-5 00:38
-I use it since 2 years
-i use somsung note 3

I don't see the Samsung Note 3 on the recommended list.  Maybe that's the problem.

https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-adv/info#downloads

Good luck
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

cedric youbi Posted at 2-5 00:27
hi thank for your answer, I try this procedure, after the led on remote and aircraft come green. but the WIFI did not appear on device also when connect the device on remote  i do not have access on cameroon , it stay on step ''how to connect''.

Best regards,

Hi, thanks for the update. We would like to inform you that our Phantom 3 Advanced doesn't support wi-fi connection, however, since you've mentioned that you're using a Samsung Note 3. I would like to know if you manage to try a different mobile device? It would be better if we could use a compatible mobile device to isolate the situation. You may refer to the image below for compatible devices on Phantom 3 Advanced.

2019-2-5
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Kind of sounds like your RC is not connected to the aircraft. If your RC is blinking "red", you might need to re-link the two again since you upgraded the firmware. Do you know how to do this? It can be done thru the app or manually. Look at the manual or search "how to re-link my phantom".
If you have been using the same tablet for 2-years, it should still work. As others have said, your P3A does not use WiFi for connection...……..you have to use your USB cable. Which is what you must have done in the past for it to work. I think the re-link will fix your issue. Let us know if that works for you.
2019-2-6
Use props
mustangman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 541476 ft
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2-6 09:53
Kind of sounds like your RC is not connected to the aircraft. If your RC is blinking "red", you might need to re-link the two again since you upgraded the firmware. Do you know how to do this? It can be done thru the app or manually. Look at the manual or search "how to re-link my phantom".
If you have been using the same tablet for 2-years, it should still work. As others have said, your P3A does not use WiFi for connection...……..you have to use your USB cable. Which is what you must have done in the past for it to work. I think the re-link will fix your issue. Let us know if that works for you.

I also have that issue.  I purchase my P3A couple weeks ago and flew twice and did the update it said was needed. Update on drone and controller were good and flew twice more.  Put away for a week then tried flying later and no video feed.  I can control and fly drone but no live feed.  I am using Galaxy S6 and it worked fine before.  Tried other phone and few other cables nothing works.  I called DJI repair service and the tech told me it sounds like the update messed my usb circuit board up.  He said that has been a known issue since that update(1.11.20)  was put out in 2017.  I ordered circuit board from ebay and I am hoping that works, otherwise  I have a $500 paperwieght.
2019-2-6
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

mustangman Posted at 2-6 12:14
I also have that issue.  I purchase my P3A couple weeks ago and flew twice and did the update it said was needed. Update on drone and controller were good and flew twice more.  Put away for a week then tried flying later and no video feed.  I can control and fly drone but no live feed.  I am using Galaxy S6 and it worked fine before.  Tried other phone and few other cables nothing works.  I called DJI repair service and the tech told me it sounds like the update messed my usb circuit board up.  He said that has been a known issue since that update(1.11.20)  was put out in 2017.  I ordered circuit board from ebay and I am hoping that works, otherwise  I have a $500 paperwieght.

I haven't heard that an update could damage your usb board, but if that is what he told you it may be. Too bad. Yeah, a new board is worth a shot. Easy to replace. Best of luck.
2019-2-6
Use props
cedric youbi
lvl.1

Cameroon

Geebax Posted at 2-5 00:32
The P3 Advanced does not use WiFi, you must connect the remote to your phone or tablet using the supplied USB cable.

Hi
initiay i had used my wifi connection, but after so manipulation the wifi is not activate.

Please how can i active Wifi On P3A ?
2019-2-8
Use props
cedric youbi
lvl.1

Cameroon

Geebax Posted at 2-5 00:32

Hi
initiay i had used my wifi connection, but after so manipulation the wifi is not activate.

Please how can i active Wifi On P3A ?
2019-2-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

cedric youbi Posted at 2-8 11:50
Hi

If you were able to connect before, then you do not have a Phantom 3 Advanced. Only the Phantom 3 Standard uses WiFi.
2019-2-8
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

cedric youbi Posted at 2-8 11:50
Hi

It is hard to help you when you are apparently not sure what phantom you have. As Geebax has said, the Standard is the only aircraft that uses WiFi. There is no way the Advanced can use WiFi. So, your problem is completely different since it is a Standard. And since you say you used WiFi before, it has to be the Standard. What has changed? Did you upgrade the firmware? If so, you may need to re-link your RC and the aircraft. The RC should have a green LED to verify connection. You can actually fly without your mobile device, but of course it is not as much fun. Uninstall the app and re-install it to see of the phantom shows up on your WiFi connections.
2019-2-8
Use props
Your Reflection
New

United States

Can you use a phantom 3 advanced controllere for the phantom 3 SE
2023-12-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Nope, sorry.  I answered this in the other thread you posted in.  
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Your Reflection Posted at 12-4 11:03
Can you use a phantom 3 advanced controllere for the phantom 3 SE

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The Phantom 3 SE uses its exclusive remote controller. Therefore, the P3A RC is not compatible with the Phantom 3 SE aircraft. Please note that the services for this product have been suspended and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided. We recommend using DJI Mini 4 Pro which enables more features and better experience and significant performance improvement. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules