Connect mavic 2 pro controller to flight simulator
19220 31 2019-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ammore
lvl.2
Flight distance : 307182 ft
Italy

Hi, I want to try free dji flight simulator..
How could I connect mavic 2 pro controller to pc?
Thank you
2019-2-7
Use props
Estelle Lau
Second Officer
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

Using a Mirco USB cable,  you may need to read the manual first.
https://www.dji.com/simulator/info#specs
2019-2-26
Use props
Banjo Norfolk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49921 ft
United Kingdom

If anyone is installing this and has a " retry or abort " message / 003 005 or can't change the installation path then just reply to this , I'll explain the fix
2019-2-28
Use props
MindSpeed
lvl.1

Estelle Lau Posted at 2-26 19:13
Using a Mirco USB cable,  you may need to read the manual first.
https://www.dji.com/simulator/info#specs

What will I found in a manual?
There is no regular way to connect remote controller to PC. Controller has USB micro-A socket, what is quite exotic. We need additional cable USB A male (PC side) to USB micro A male (controller side)
or (wchich is extreamly exotic):
adapter USB C famale to USB micro-A male - to regular PC USB C cable (in a set of Mavic 2 Kit)
It even complicated to explain.
2019-9-18
Use props
calltoon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 982648 ft

Is it even possible to connect mavic 2 RC to dji flight simulator?
2019-10-3
Use props
SeaRangers
lvl.1

I can the connect the controller to the laptop, and the Flight Simulator seems to "know" a controller is connected -- it asks me to use the controller joystick to select menu options with.  But when I move the joystick, the data signal doesn't go through -- the Flight Simulator is ignoring any joystick input.
2019-10-3
Use props
harryajh
lvl.1

calltoon Posted at 10-3 12:09
Is it even possible to connect mavic 2 RC to dji flight simulator?

I don't think it can, simulator software on win 10 is running fine but connecting my Mavic 2 Zoom controller by usb cable to it just says "charging" when off or "connecting" when on - I guess I have to buy some other software and compatible controller to learn how to fly my zoom without the risk!
2019-10-4
Use props
fans0db65e6b
New
Flight distance : 2434 ft
United States

The DJI Mavic Pro 2 will never connect to the simulator!!!!  I spoke to the "China " factory rep and he said NO plans to modify the app. Typical Chinese BS!!!!
2020-1-1
Use props
Confusiasm
New

Greece

I'm starting to suspect that the simulator needs its own, different remote controller. The one in the video advert is not the same as the one of the drone. And the controller that the simulator is showing, is similar (probably same) to the one on the advert.
2020-5-8
Use props
MarioTrnava
New

Slovakia

I still don't get it. U can fly with mavic 2 pro in the simulator but your controller from mavic is not supported. what I suppose to do ? Buy new controller for the 150 dollars to try simulator ? Dji really sucks at all support
2020-6-28
Use props
dm3440
New

United Kingdom

It turns out that the simulator doesn't support Mavic 2 controller. You have to buy a Smart Controller to use the simulator!!
2020-9-16
Use props
djiuser_uRYpnlJtgCaO
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

My Mavic 2 (Zoom) standard controller works perfectly with the DJI free flight simulator. The control sticks, the camera up/down and zoom wheels and the C2 button are supported and they work as intended. I dont't think that the Pro controller is any different from the Zoom version(?)
2020-9-17
Use props
fansb0fadd14
New

United States

Doesn’t look like we can use the Mavic 2 Pro controller
2021-1-24
Use props
fansb0fadd14
New

United States

Doesn’t look like we can use the Mavic 2 Pro controller
2021-1-24
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

Again, you can use it. I do it every week, maybe it's just a problem with their unsigned drivers. I believe it's just not updated in their compatibility list. I'm using Windows 10, though.
2021-1-24
Use props
Sadako
lvl.1

Japan

FloridaNext Posted at 1-24 08:11
Again, you can use it. I do it every week, maybe it's just a problem with their unsigned drivers. I believe it's just not updated in their compatibility list. I'm using Windows 10, though.

I know this topic is a bit old, but i purchased my first Drone, Mavic 2 zoom here in Japan and would like to train a bit on the simulator, before i visit with the the drone field close our home. But i have the same issue with the standard mavic 2 zoom controller. Its just showing connecting ... and i can use the sticks in the menu but not any other button. So i have to start the simulation with enter, can fly around with the sticks, but cannot change anything on my remote.
Did you do anything special? I installed the usb driver file from the simulator folder but just my sticks are working.

And greetings to good old Germany I moved 3 years ago from Germany to Japan.
2021-4-8
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

Sadako Posted at 4-8 02:54
I know this topic is a bit old, but i purchased my first Drone, Mavic 2 zoom here in Japan and would like to train a bit on the simulator, before i visit with the the drone field close our home. But i have the same issue with the standard mavic 2 zoom controller. Its just showing connecting ... and i can use the sticks in the menu but not any other button. So i have to start the simulation with enter, can fly around with the sticks, but cannot change anything on my remote.
Did you do anything special? I installed the usb driver file from the simulator folder but just my sticks are working.

Hi Sadako,

I can't remember anymore exactly how I did that (Windows 10). My blurry recollection is that I had to install a driver package which came with the DJI flight simulator somewhere hidden in one of the (sub-)directores where the FS got installed. I remember that this was not really documented in any DJI manuals but after countless hours of research in forums I finally got the right hint.

I just know that I don't have any problems since then.

Sorry for not being more helpful!
2021-4-8
Use props
Sadako
lvl.1

Japan

FloridaNext Posted at 4-8 08:24
Hi Sadako,

I can't exactly remember anymore exactly how I did that (Windows 10). My blurry recollection is that I had to install a driver package which came with the DJI flight simulator somewhere hidden in one of the (sub-)directores where the FS got installed. I remember that this was not really documented in any DJI manuals but after countless hours of research in forums I finally got the right hint.

Thank you for your reply. I installed the driver package that is also showed in many YouTube videos. But maybe there  is also another one. Im also using Windows 10.
I mean, the basics are working, and the simulated drone is always in sport modus, so maybe not the best way to train in a simulator, but especially the extra buttons would be interesting to use there.
I will have a look at the other folders inside the DJI simulator installation. Thank you
2021-4-8
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

Sadako Posted at 4-8 22:50
Thank you for your reply. I installed the driver package that is also showed in many YouTube videos. But maybe there  is also another one. Im also using Windows 10.
I mean, the basics are working, and the simulated drone is always in sport modus, so maybe not the best way to train in a simulator, but especially the extra buttons would be interesting to use there.
I will have a look at the other folders inside the DJI simulator installation. Thank you

I don't think there is another driver package, there was only one. This I know for sure. So if the basic stuff works and the other buttons not then it seems to be another issue.

By the way, I always use the keyboard in the corresponding flight mode menu in the FS. It's very well possible that the mode switch on the remote controller doesn't work anyway for the FS. But at least the camera wheels and the C1/C2 buttons work.

Edit: There are two different controllers for the Mavic 2 on the market. RC1A and RC1B. Mine are RC1A and they work with the flight simulator.
2021-4-9
Use props
Sadako
lvl.1

Japan

FloridaNext Posted at 4-9 07:40
I don't think there is another driver package, there was only one. This I know for sure. So if the basic stuff works and the other buttons not then it seems to be another issue.

By the way, I always use the keyboard in the corresponding flight mode menu in the FS. It's very well possible that the mode switch on the remote controller doesn't work anyway for the FS. But at least the camera wheels and the C1/C2 buttons work.

I see, i checked my controller and its the RC1B so maybe this is why its not working. No button is working, but at the end, i just need the sticks, and changing the mode and the camera on my notebook keyboard should be no problem. So i think i will stick with it because i dont think my controller will get better support for now.

Thanks again

2021-4-10
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14016926 ft
Sweden

Sadako Posted at 4-10 00:17
I see, i checked my controller and its the RC1B so maybe this is why its not working. No button is working, but at the end, i just need the sticks, and changing the mode and the camera on my notebook keyboard should be no problem. So i think i will stick with it because i dont think my controller will get better support for now.

Thanks again

I can confirm that the remote controller model RC1B with firmware 01.00.0640 works with the flight simulator, but only for certain types of flights. A bit tricky to find out what keys to use on the keyboard. But I think it is mentioned in the manual what to do.
2021-4-10
Use props
djiuser_AsRvXD9PyIEE
New

Sri Lanka

Banjo Norfolk Posted at 2019-2-28 16:20
If anyone is installing this and has a " retry or abort " message / 003 005 or can't change the installation path then just reply to this , I'll explain the fix

retry or abort message pops up, looking for solution
2021-4-13
Use props
djiuser_8CbADqO4HO93
lvl.1

United States

kyalami Posted at 4-10 06:42
I can confirm that the remote controller model RC1B with firmware 01.00.0640 works with the flight simulator, but only for certain types of flights. A bit tricky to find out what keys to use on the keyboard. But I think it is mentioned in the manual what to do.

I would be great if you could supply the details of how you got it to work.  I also have the RC1B and, so far, have not been able to get the simulator to acknowledge it at all.  Thanks!
2021-4-24
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

djiuser_8CbADqO4HO93 Posted at 4-24 10:05
I would be great if you could supply the details of how you got it to work.  I also have the RC1B and, so far, have not been able to get the simulator to acknowledge it at all.  Thanks!

Hi, Thanks for asking. Will have a look at this tomorrow and gladly come back to you, as I have to go through what I did again, as it was some time ago now.
2021-4-24
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

djiuser_8CbADqO4HO93 Posted at 4-24 10:05

Hi, I am only able to fly the free flight called Free Flight-Farm. I use the "V" key to select so that it shows a "P" in the semi circle in the lower left hand corner. But still it is not easy to fly this way I think. You can not fly in any other mode unless program is payed, so is not to much use at all. Far better to go out on a field sett drone first to Beginner and practice.
Here are otherwise the steps I use:

1. Start DJI Flight Simulator.
2. Enter same details and you do to log in her.
3. Verify the code. Sometimes I have to verify the 2 to 3 times before it works.
4. Press Login.
5. DJI Main screen shows.
6. Press start.
7. Connect remote controller via the USB to the computer and USB mini to the left side of the RC
8. Turn on the RC.
9. Use the key W or S on the keyboard to select Free Flight.
10. Then press Enter on your keyboard to confirm this.
11. Mavic 2 pro then shows on my screen
12. Press S on your keyboard to selct for me Hasselblad 1inch Cmos sensor.
13. Then press enter again on the keyboard.
14. Free Flight-Farm is displayed.
15. Press Enter again on your keyboard.
16. Take off point 1 shows on screen.
17. Press Enter and program will load all drones and take a bit of time.
18. Then the drone shows sitting on the road on your screen ready to fly.
19. Before flying you can select which mode you want by pressing P on your keyboard. You will see in the bottom left corner a simi circle and in the lower pat of that just below a small square is a letter either A S or P. I selct P but that is personal.

Best is to download the manual and read a bit first. I agree that it is a bit dificult to understand every thing and took me quite a while until I came to the place I could fly.
Good luck.
2021-4-25
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Germany

kyalami Posted at 4-25 04:23
Hi, I am only able to fly the free flight called Free Flight-Farm. I use the "V" key to select so that it shows a "P" in the semi circle in the lower left hand corner. But still it is not easy to fly this way I think. You can not fly in any other mode unless program is payed, so is not to much use at all. Far better to go out on a field sett drone first to Beginner and practice.
Here are otherwise the steps I use:

Strange, I can fly the free flight farm, the inside hangar and the one with the mountains and the sea surrounded by roads (can't remember the name right now). I have the free version too.
2021-4-25
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Sorry I said that completely wrong. of course I can fly the other 2 also. I just mentioned the one that I tried.
2021-4-25
Use props
Riska56
New

Hungary

dm3440 Posted at 2020-9-16 11:55
It turns out that the simulator doesn't support Mavic 2 controller. You have to buy a Smart Controller to use the simulator!! [view_image]

2022-1-5
Use props
kln
New
France

The flight simulator works with the Mavic 2 controller (bought 2021, firmware updated to the last version) and you can access quite a lot of training modes, but it is not straightforward. I use Windows 10, Simulator downloaded and installed a few weeks ago. I may have installed a driver and/or moved a .exe file as it is mentioned somewhere else (nothing that cannot be found easily online).

I then use kyalami's method explained above to launch the simulator and connect the RC, using a USB to micro-USB cable (initially bought to charge an older phone and Kindle).

In the simulator, check the various modes : skills training, free flight, entertainment. In each, use a combination of W, S, A and D to move into the different modes and landscapes offered.
Notably in Skills training, the racing/time trial/tunnel run modes works, but when you fly it the drone seems locked in Sports mode (fun and useful, but maybe not best for beginners). I didn't try everything, there may be more things working.

In the settings, the Mavic 2 controller appears, but when I fly I seem not to be able to change from the default Phantom controller. That may be the reason that some controls listed in the settings for the Mavic 2 controller don't seem to work. Controls that work are the sticks and the gimball wheel, which is sufficient for getting the hang of flying. Use C to change view mode and V sometimes to change drone mode.
2022-4-18
Use props
Witblits
lvl.1

South Africa

I know this is a late post to the issue experienced but thought I post the solution I used to get the DJI Simulator working (for the Mavic Pro 2)  on Windows 11,
I also struggled and had to read through a trove of posts to get my Mavic 2 Pro RC Controller working on Windows 11.
The crux was that the RC was not being recognized by Windows. It made a Connect-and-Disconnect "ping sound" when you switch the controller on.
Here are the steps I followed to get it working:
1. Install the required software:
1.1 DJI Simulator
1.2. DJI Assistant 2 Consumer Edition. (Normally used to diagnose the RC, also to update your RC Driver etc, lastly you can use it to diagnose connectivity with Windows.)
1.3 Run the usb installer file dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe separately (for me located in C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator directory)

2. After installing the above, open Windows Device Manager
2,1 Switch on the RC (Should make ping sound, normally disconnects automatically as well).
2.2 On my machine the RC device appeared as libusb-win32 if I'm not mistaken.
2.3 Once you can find it, right click on the device in the Device Manager and choose "update driver".
2.4 Choose the updated USB driver which is located in the DJI Assistant directory. For me it was (C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)\Drivers\Drivers_Win10).
Make sure you check the include subfolders box
2.5 When you choose the driver you are presented with a list of certificates (I chose the latest signed one).
2.6 Once the driver is installed you will need to reboot the machine.
2.7 After the update the device appeared as "Vision Interface 3" on my Win 11 machine.
2.8 Last (for info) note I will add is that it was not required to boot Windows in the "special" safe mode (Previous posts indicated this had to be done in Windows 10)

3. Open the DJI simulator.
3.1 When you see the start button.. switch on the RC.
3.2 Use the RC buttons to see if you can move the menu items up & down with the controller to confirm that it is working.

4. For trouble shooting the cable etc. open the DJI Assistant and first ensure that Windows can at least connect "and see" the RC.

Hope this helps someone, especially new Win 11 users.
2023-9-11
Use props
djiuser_f3UW7EKdLCNp
New

Belgium

Banjo Norfolk Posted at 2019-2-28 16:20

Hi, i have the 'retry or abort' message / 003/005/0118/  when trying to install the free dji flight simulator.
what to do?  
2-11 11:43
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_f3UW7EKdLCNp Posted at 2-11 11:43
Hi, i have the 'retry or abort' message / 003/005/0118/  when trying to install the free dji flight simulator.
what to do?

Hi, there. Sorry for the trouble that it may cause you. Regarding the error code, it's recommended that the users need to install the installation package on a disk with sufficient space. I hope the information helps.
2-13 02:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules