Second Hand Mavic Air - Check flight time from last owner
22100 10 2019-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
schwin
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi There

Just recieved a second hand Mavic Air and was told it was only flown once. I very much would like to proof this.

Is there anyway to find out how many flights its done and how long its been flown for?

If not the activiation date would be very helpful to see if it's still under warrenty.

Thanks
2019-4-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12445630 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hiya,

I think that the activation date is in the flightlog, so if you upload a log you have flown, using > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB
2019-4-11
Use props
Mikem691
Second Officer
Flight distance : 247474 ft
United States

I would check how many times the battery was charged. that would give some indication.
2019-4-11
Use props
schwin
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mikem691 Posted at 4-11 08:10
I would check how many times the battery was charged. that would give some indication.

Thanks Mike.

How do you do that?
2019-4-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The flight records of the drone would be stored on the application and it's bounded to the owner's account. Therefore, you can't be able to check this detail using your new account and on the application. For the warranty period of the Mavic Air, it can be determined on the image below and our warranty will start upon receiving the unit. We highly recommend asking for the proof of purchase of the drone in order for you to use the warranty claim in any case that the drone needs to be sent for service. You may provide us the serial number of your drone via PM for further assistance in regards to the activation date of your aircraft. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

2019-4-11
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

This post raises a very good concern:
Just how do you evaluate the depreciation of performance based on usage?
Consider wear and tear. Is there any means to quantify? If can, how?
Battery shows count cycles recharge, but caring folks report none degradation even with accumulated recharges. What of controller and processor circuit boards? How are these boards quantified of their wear and tear albeit none moving parts? What of optical nerve sensors? Do they degrade over millions of recorded pixels in frames? What of the propulsion motors and driving circuitry called electronic speed control? Does the powering  sinusoid wave degrade?
2019-4-11
Use props
Mikem691
Second Officer
Flight distance : 247474 ft
United States

schwin Posted at 4-11 08:47
Thanks Mike.

How do you do that?

After you connect everything in the go4 app its under the battery settings. So tap the dots upper right corner. There will be a battery symbol with the gos symbol. tap that and it should show.
2019-4-12
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

Mikem691 Posted at 4-11 08:10

Although that indication could be quite a bit out. The combo pack comes with a clip that turns your battery in to a USB charge bank. I often use that when I've not used all 3 batteries and don't want the 10 day timer to just burn charge.
2019-4-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Warranty will be tied to serial number, which can be found in go4 app, I don’t think you will have any access to any flightlog unless former owner can send them or you have his sign in details, the battery is a good sign, but many people start up craft indoors and play around with it, so charging battery can be a difficult one to tell, but if it’s within 6 charges I would say you are safe enough to believe it’s been flown very little.
Get serial number come back here and ask a moderator how long is left on warranty.
2019-4-12
Use props
dgibbphoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1619974 ft
United States

My serial number is: 3YTBJB70030370  Could you check my warranty on this Air 2s?
2023-11-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dgibbphoto Posted at 11-17 17:58
My serial number is: 3YTBJB70030370  Could you check my warranty on this Air 2s?

Hi there. Your Air 2S is already out of warranty. It has expired last 2023/01/08. For more details, please use this link: https://service.dji.com/device/detail?re=us&lang=en. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules