4510 4 2019-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Synephrine
lvl.1
Flight distance : 558770 ft
United States

Hello all,

I am having a hard time trying to get my footage to render out how it looks throughout my Davinci workflow.
I am shooting HQ mode, Dlog, H.265, 10 bit, 30 frames.
My monitor is calibrated, and when using Davinci in the past, I had no issues getting the exported file looking as it did during editing.  At some point, I re-installed Davinci and lost all my previous presets in Davinci.

Right now my final rendered video looks was over saturated compared to editing/color grading in Davinci.

So I am wondering if I have Project or Deliver settings not set correctly.
In the project settings under Color Management, what should I be picking for:
-Color science                               I assume Davinci managed
-Input color space                         I assume DJI D-Gamut/D-log
-Timeline colorspace                     I assume DJI D-Gamut/D-log
-Export colorspace                        I assume DJI D-Gamut/D-log

I'm also not applying any 3D LUT in the project color settings here.  I do however apply a LUT later in the Edit workflow tab.  
If this is all the editing I do as an experiment (Just add 1 clip to a timeline, then apply a LUT), the color is roughly right about where I want it, certainly better than the base LOG file imported.

In the Deliver settings, If I am saving as a Youtube video, I am saving 4K, MP4, H.265.
-Data burn-in: "Same as Project"     (not sure what impact this has)

This output video looks terrible, and is not how Davinci was behaving when I had it installed originally shortly after the Mavic 2 Pro came out.

Any advice would be much appreciated.  I'm at a loss after spending hours scratching my head!

2019-7-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Synephrine. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry for the trouble. I hope you will get the best information from our valued DJI co pilots who uses the Davinci software in editing there shots. Thank you for your support.
2019-7-20
Use props
ririlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 879154 ft
Canada

Well, I have no answer for you but I get the opposite result!!! My rendered videos are less saturated.  So I apply a +5 saturation using a timeline node.  

I never notice that in Resolve 15 but it is obvious in Resolve 16.
2019-7-20
Use props
Celtic Shadows
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4144 ft
Norway

Are you using the Free edition or Studio? How colour is handled is different in the editions (like rendering out LUTs is not supported in free).

There is a PDF guide from DJI that covers the usage of LOG Files here, not sure if this will help:

https://www.dji.com/no/mavic-2/info#downloads

Personally (and only done a few test videos so far), I've converted my video from d-LOG to REC 709 for final editing , I've had some wonky colour issues in Resolve Free but those went away when I bought Studio. I still need to add a serial node to control colour saturation sometimes (and I use a 10Bit graphics card/monitor).
2019-7-23
Use props
NDI-Orlando
lvl.2
Flight distance : 631014 ft
United States

I've been working on the same issue.  Mavic 3 Cine, recording in ProRes D-Log, Davinci Resolve Studio 17.4.3.  I had mixed results trying to use LUTs, so I switched to Resolve's color management. Try this: Set your project to Davinci YRGB Color managed, and output to Rec. 709.  For each clip in the media pool, right click and set input color space to "DJI D-Gamut/D-Log."   You can also accomplish the same result by applying a Color Space Transform to one of the nodes (leave at least one node before it for adjustments).  I have also had good results with color correcting with the HDR wheels. Much finer control over exposure and saturation throughout the image.  I contacted Blackmagic Design on the D-Log consistency question and they referred me to DJI for advice.  BTW, the DJI technical paper on D-Log that is posted on the Mavic 3 documents page is the very same document posted back in 2017, which suggests that all DJI drones since 2017 capable of shooting D-Log will respond similarly to the same color grading techniques in DR, and presumably other NLEs.  Can DJI comment on that question?  Davinci Resolve 17.4 has only one "input color space" option for DJI. Does it work identically for the various DJI drones. I am particularly curious about the M3C.
2022-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules