Use Osmo Action as WebCam
123Next >
81380 85 2020-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

guess when we wake up one day it will be in the firmware, just when, another  30 days, 90, 120, one person is probably assigned to it from a different department and they got no clue like me what to do.
2021-1-15
Use props
Smart way to live in Japan
New

Japan

Gopro can be used as webcam why not in dji action ? Is it possible in upcoming famware update or I have to buy next generation dji action 2
2021-1-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

really hard to  create a driver and software  for it. we have all the excuses in the world yet we hear any from DJI
2021-1-27
Use props
djiuser_1qwISsWsyXiE
New
United States

Hi DJI Paladin,

Can you confirm whether the feature to allow usb/webcam on the Osmo Action has made it into the development pipeline?

Thanks!
2021-1-29
Use props
Pablo Dee
New
Canada

I completely agree. This is a feature available from the major competitors and is dealbreaker for me. I will likely return this item if it cannot be provided. I would like to understand why DJI didn't even consider this a feature?
2021-2-9
Use props
Countstoneula
New
Canada

+1 DJI please make this happen!

Looking at everything DJI has accomplished I don't understand why we need to beg for such a simple, stable, practical feature that almost every other action camera has. Has anyone heard any official updates on this situation?

I emailed support.us@dji.com to find out more and was told they would pass this feature request on to the appropriate team. Maybe if we all send an email there we could see this happen.
2021-2-9
Use props
Countstoneula
New
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-3-11 11:41
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry as Fishycomics advised at post #2. I am sorry to say this feature is not available to the DJI Osmo Action. I will forward this feature to our designated DJI support team for further evaluation. Thank you.

Hi Paladin. It's been almost a year since this post. Any idea if anything is in motion?
2021-2-9
Use props
kaktus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44295 ft
Slovenia

@Paladin, &@DJI, please make some response. Should we wait some more days or do we switch to GoPro?
2021-2-14
Use props
Psebcool
New

France

I will really love to be able to stream with the osmo action ! Please, update the firmware !

GoPro does it with his cams...
2021-2-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

With GoPro the Livestream, now takes about 15 minutes to get up, with Webcam/no sound,  following their Instructions.  I'll try again

2021-2-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Imagine a real answer from the Developer, NOT!
2021-2-16
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry as Fishycomics advised at post #2. I am sorry to say this feature is not available to the DJI Osmo Action. I will forward this feature to our designated DJI support team for further evaluation. Thank you.

Still waiting....  (best check with GoPro... they've had it for months-simple software for the desktop)
2021-2-19
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sereter Posted at 2020-6-18 02:01
Friend, buy yourself a webcam, it costs 20 dollars, and for sure there will even be a built-in

"Friend" $20 webcams are basically crap.  BTW... which one do you use?
2021-2-19
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hey Super Moderator...It's been nearly a YEAR since your reply, and a few updates have ignored this very very reasonable request.

PLEASE let us know when... or even IF this is going to happen!!!

A reply shows respect....
2021-2-19
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

" Buehler..... Buehler...."
2021-2-19
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Psebcool Posted at 2-14 09:44
I will really love to be able to stream with the osmo action ! Please, update the firmware !

GoPro does it with his cams...

Yea... but only if you have the 8 or 9.
2021-2-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

https://www.gopro2webcam.com/purchase?product=10490

This is  an outside App it does exactly what we have been asking, for, for a FEE
2021-2-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Found online two programs, no thanks. Used gopro had to LOWER my graphics card to GoPro standards. wired to laptop, streamed 720P to facebook with  computer sound. Heck I did the same exact thing with  wireless.   So not sure what the Beef is about with this. Just use  OA with wireless to your application
2021-2-19
Use props
kaktus
lvl.2
Slovenia

I purchased that application but is not working out of the box. DJI should release a simple application for Win and Mac to be user friendly to use DJI Osmo action also as a webcam.
2021-2-23
Use props
Lex Van Campos
lvl.1

Spain

trust me, we are asking for so long now, Dji somo is forgetting that as hard they grow it can fall again, i sold mine already because of this and there are webcams who does the job way easier, Osmo is waiting for there action 2 and tell people it haves this option just because they hope to sell more, With an easy update they could fix this but never done it, Also this mimo  app Hahaha its a mess, streaming work for 45% of the people the other 55% never had this option because it wont work, Another problem OSMO never took time to fix it, All those months passed by guys, Did osmo done a update on the app his self ? not once only cam update to have better options on the cam it self but Webcam options no way a better app that works perfect for everyone no way, I already lost my trust in a company that just dont  take time to make there product work good before even promoting it,,, I have tryed to stream sins this option came out, tried 6 wifi connections non of them worked, Osmo answer was like all there answers, Reinstal the app reset blablabla
2021-3-4
Use props
Lex Van Campos
lvl.1

Spain

Tankut Posted at 1-15 01:06
If this is not a hardware limitation, this would be quite useful.  I do have a quite nice logitech webcam for my main desktop pc.  But the Osmo usually travels with me, and it is the right size for this function, is easier to mount everywhere, is much better than laptop webcams, has a nice wide FOV.

Cheap action cams can do this.  GoPro can do this.  My Sony RX100 can do this.  

because that part of there support, IGNORING THE CLIENTS,, But dont worry soon they will realize that without us they are nothing
2021-3-4
Use props
Lex Van Campos
lvl.1

Spain

Fishycomics Posted at 2020-8-30 15:06
I wonder if they can pass it to some one who will actually answer us?

If they don't wanna answer is ok, it shows there loyalty to there clients, Not gonna lie, The cam is a pretty good cam to use, But the options are bad, Support is even worst, A forum and not even 1 answered our questions with an update,

Soon people will make youtube videos about how bad this Support is and why people should buy a GOPRO, Because yeas you pay a bit more, But you will get way better support way better apps that works perfect and option to use it as webcam without any problems
2021-3-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I guess you can treat it like a desposable camera,  not happy toss it
2021-3-5
Use props
skatoo
New

Singapore

Still waiting for it  --------
2021-3-13
Use props
djiuser_pjtYe3vBC5HP
New

Poland

Again:

Everybody said:
Buy GoPro
You should always by the best product of kind of  category, not substitution. I didn't listen to them. Another lesson in life
2021-3-13
Use props
Suhartiman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1380404 ft
Indonesia

Still waiting for this update. we need our DJI Action can use as webcame.
Please DJI~
2021-3-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Hello there S. Good day and thank you for these information you have given.  I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.

that will be the  response
2021-3-24
Use props
kaktus
lvl.2
Slovenia

Still hoping for update and enabling webcam function for DJI Osmo Action.
2021-3-26
Use props
djiuser_NpWQ9clpWTAe
New
Poland

kaktus Posted at 3-26 09:49
Still hoping for update and enabling webcam function for DJI Osmo Action.

GoPro has just announced they've introduced this feature to Hero 9. Well, maybe Osmo Action is not a counterpart of Hero 9 but it still is a great piece of hardware and seems like it still has a potential, so webcam feature would be appreciated.
2021-3-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

GoPro  had that for awhile, not new.
2021-3-30
Use props
Alexandremix
New

Portugal

We need this
2021-4-7
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Silence by DJI is GOLDEN!
2021-4-7
Use props
djiuser_cwqkcRUm9QMI
lvl.2
Ireland

Vaperesso Posted at 2020-5-11 10:51
There has been a guy who made it happen ( not me ) but you can use the DJI OSMO action now in your streaming software https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFYR0qm9iVk

That app is glitchy at best for me and I am unable to use it with OBS studio and Streamlabs OBS is a bit finicky with it as well.
2021-4-9
Use props
Florian2000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38225 ft
Austria

Cesare from Italy Posted at 2020-3-11 13:08
Thanks again for the availability.
I very hope DJI can update the firmware to make the Action Camera usable also as a Web camera.

yes, I would also like to support this!
DJI Osmo Action should be recognized as a webcam and in parallel should be able to record it to the card with a proper resolution (4k).
2021-4-10
Use props
XeloX
lvl.1
United Kingdom

And still nothing but silence, come on @DJI
2021-4-13
Use props
Deny
lvl.1
Brazil

And once again I find the feature I was looking for that could tip the scale towards DJI because, let's face it, Osmo Action is cheaper than GoPro Hero, has been neglected by the manufacturer, too funny! DJI is the kind of company that makes so much money (apparently) that they can afford not to listen to their customers. Careful, this isn't going to last forever.
2021-4-14
Use props
djiuser_XSv0GkJFXKWh
New

Austria

So, this question has no solution so far, right? Is there a workaround, like streaming the video from the mobile phone to the computer through bluetooth or something?
2021-4-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

wish they simply say no webcam then  keep silent. stream your video, and others will have to view it.
2021-4-25
Use props
von_kara
lvl.1
Brazil

Did anyone try for the CosmoViewer app?
2021-5-26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

https://cosmostreamer.com/apps/cosmoviewer-ng/