26700 128 2020-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 4-6 02:49
I honestly don't understand why you go this route, this is just basic straw man argument and I'm sure you realise the absurdity of your exaggerations.
I honestly don't understand why people who buy the cheapest, low spec drone fantasise about it doing the things a drone that costs 4 times as much can.
Or that they imaging that the manufacturer will magically turn their pumpkin into a serious drone.

Have you never heard the saying "The best camera is the one that you have."? The mini is no different then someone buying an A6000 and wanting to record nothing but cine footage. Everyone will say to just buy a Cine camera but not everyone can afford that, but if you are skilled/talented enough then the camera becomes a very small part of it.

Plenty of people have shown that you can use the mini to produce the same high level cinematic shots as DJI's other lineup, it comes down to skill and know how. Everyone starts somewhere and to criticize people who start with an entry level drone as a toy is wrong. That's your opinion to look at it like it's nothing but a toy but to the people who take it seriously it's a powerful tool, maybe one they never had access to before.

Though I have to agree with you on all the people who are buying the mini and expecting phantom experience, it's like buying a disposable camera and expecting to have full manual and raw, you get what you paid for. Could DJI increase the bitrate, resolution, enable raw output? Of course but they're not going to sell features you're willing to pay more for in a drone under $500, were lucky to have gotten what they have given us.
2020-4-6
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

Someone forgets that many have purchased the Mini as the first drone of their life only because it is not too expensive and of low weight and not because it is made by Dji.
If Dji believes he can keep customers by skimping on functions, he is very wrong.
The competition doesn't sleep, if there wasn't the problem of weight and license in Eu I would have already ordered the Fimi X8 SE.
2020-4-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-6 05:01
...do other drones have less failures than the relatively new mini...?

...do other drones have less failures than the relatively new mini...?
DJI make a range of wonderful, reliable drones that all maintain altitude perfectly and always climb when you push the left stick up.
They also maintain pitch angle so that your drone can maintain speed.

Unfortunately  too many Minis are suffering uncommanded descents and failing to maintain speed.
Those are both potentially fatal flaws and they cause the loss of Minis every day.
Forums are full of examples.
On top of that, the Mini is underpowered and has a top speed that's half that of other DJI drones.

If the Mini was a fruit, it would be a yellow-coloured citrus.
2020-4-6
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45459 ft
United Kingdom

media removed

2020-4-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Renato61 Posted at 4-6 05:32
Someone forgets that many have purchased the Mini as the first drone of their life only because it is not too expensive and of low weight and not because it is made by Dji.
If Dji believes he can keep customers by skimping on functions, he is very wrong.
The competition doesn't sleep, if there wasn't the problem of weight and license in Eu I would have already ordered the Fimi X8 SE.

Dji are not skimping on functions and as Labroids said if you want them you need to pay for them.

But this thread is about litchi for mini, I believe it will work well with mini, but I’m also aware of the limitations of mini and I’ve no requirements to take it above them, in fact I would recommend to allow and give a buffer to recommendations set out in your manual.

I do think that anyone who has any problems with descent without command should send drone back for  testing and replacement, this is not what anyone signed up for so push the problem back on dji until they do something about it .
(Edit about Raw)
2020-4-6
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-6 06:09
Dji are not skimping on functions and as Labroids said if you want them you need to pay for them.

But this thread is about litchi for mini, I believe it will work well with mini, but I’m also aware of the limitations of mini and I’ve no requirements to take it above them, in fact I would recommend to allow and give a buffer to recommendations set out in your manual.

This thread my good friend was provisonaly about  RAW being added!  The line about litchi was an after thought!

totally agree about pushing the issue back to dji to sort as you say nothing will get done unless the comunity is pro active in getting things sorted?

2020-4-6
Use props
jperkmr954
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1228609 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-4 21:14
Mavic Mini doesn't support RAW and we don't receive any info about adding the support on it. SDK support is expected to be added this month, please keep an eye on the update on our official website for the latest news.

Newbie - What is SDK - usage functionality etc?
2020-4-6
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

jperkmr954 Posted at 4-6 06:17
Newbie - What is SDK - usage functionality etc?

software development kit SDK it allows software manufacturers to integrate models into their software i.e litchi

so that litchi can talk to the drone and vica versa

2020-4-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 4-6 06:15
This thread my good friend was provisonaly about  RAW being added!  The line about litchi was an after thought!

My apologies, I realized after I posted, my view on raw is it won’t come just as it never did in much more expensive spark, however the mini does an amazing job in reasonable light of converting photos into jpeg, just as you’ve shown with your excellent photos just posted.

I really like the idea that I can just use mini very quickly both to fly and little hassle when editing , I have so many raw photos that will never get edited, don’t need anymore.
2020-4-6
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-6 06:22
My apologies, I realized after I posted, my view on raw is it won’t come just as it never did in much more expensive spark, however the mini does an amazing job in reasonable light of converting photos into jpeg, just as you’ve shown with your excellent photos just posted.

I really like the idea that I can just use mini very quickly both to fly and little hassle when editing , I have so many raw photos that will never get edited, don’t need anymore.

Not a problem at all buddy ! and agree .DNG is more of a pain to edit as its stripped right back to the raw picture! Making it more time consuming to edit! But some people do like that level of control

ive flown the mini since xmas and loved every flight and never had issues with speed power or the ability to fly forwards or backwards or ascending ! You have to take into account the size of the drone and its power in relation to that weight! its not stable in high wiind every one knows that, and thats a factor when purchasing the drone.

i personally find it great to use when im doing close videoing and photography within say 200 feet in all directions. that was the reason i bought the mini !

2020-4-6
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 300837 ft
  • >>>
United States

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 4-5 23:32
Being able to use the litchi software to fly missions ! Then again some people see the mini as an unworthy part of the family, a bit of a toy ! whilst i agree its entry level and not packed full of all the gizmos that the elitists expect, it still does a job and is enjoyed by entry level to advanced users alike.

Im sure that litchi will enjoy developing the software. once the software ddevelopment kit is released to the litchi team.

The functions available in the software development kit are controlled by DJI so a 3rd party developer can only use what DJI gives them access to.
2020-4-6
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Lets get real here. The mini is an entry level DJI drone. The Spark didn't have raw. It's not going to happen. If you want more features you need to spend some more money on a drone with those features. The mini doesn't have any forward sensors so tracking won't be added either. Let it go...
2020-4-6
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

exquisite pictures @mockingbirdmedia
2020-4-6
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

deathsquad Posted at 4-6 12:32
Lets get real here. The mini is an entry level DJI drone. The Spark didn't have raw. It's not going to happen. If you want more features you need to spend some more money on a drone with those features. The mini doesn't have any forward sensors so tracking won't be added either. Let it go...

If people dont ask quesstions they dont get answers, as for let it go i thought you was going to start with a rendition of the song from frozen. Who mentioned anything about tracking? its not a facility i use anyway. Thanks for your input and enjoy the flying of your mini
2020-4-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Dmitry Vishnevskiy Posted at 4-5 02:46
Good news about SDK support. Thanks for info!

Hi guys, I am sorry that I am afraid SDK support for Mavic Mini may not be available in this month. Currently, I have no received the updated expected time. Once it is available, the info will be updated to our SDK website, please check out the web for the latest news, https://developer.dji.com/
Sorry for the trouble, thank you for your understanding.
2020-4-7
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Bad news... but I don't mind too much as long as they will at some point release that. I am quite shut inside home atm.
2020-4-7
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

m80116 Posted at 4-7 07:51
Bad news... but I don't mind too much as long as they will at some point release that. I am quite shut inside home atm.

yes im having to spend my self issolation editing at home

It passes the time though

2020-4-7
Use props
abkermit
lvl.1

United Kingdom

As a new user, it looks like I cannot yet create a new thread, so I will post my question here, hoping some existing owner can answer: is it possible to use the Mavic Mini as a 'manual gimbal', so using the camera, keeping it in hands, without turning on the flying system? Camera is really good, and it could be used for 'normal' footage, with real sound, without the noise of the flying...
Thanks.
Andrea
2020-4-14
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

abkermit Posted at 4-14 17:23
As a new user, it looks like I cannot yet create a new thread, so I will post my question here, hoping some existing owner can answer: is it possible to use the Mavic Mini as a 'manual gimbal', so using the camera, keeping it in hands, without turning on the flying system? Camera is really good, and it could be used for 'normal' footage, with real sound, without the noise of the flying...
Thanks.
Andrea

The mini doesn't record sound.

You can use the camera with the drone folded but will start to overheat if left sitting.

Why not an osmo pocket?
2020-4-14
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Ice_2k Posted at 4-6 02:36
I honestly don't understand why you go this route, this is just basic straw man argument and I'm sure you realise the absurdity of your exaggerations. Any camera starts with the RAW data which it then either saves like that or it encodes to a different format. Since that RAW data is already available, it is clearly a software decision to discard that RAW data after encoding it to JPEG instead of simply dumping it to the SD card. A decision which as I already said is totally understandable in DJI's drone lineup. We can simply acknowledge it was normal for them to do this in order to protect their higher end drones (literally every single maker of any type of device does that and it's perfectly normal) without resorting to ridiculous claims like "asking for the RAW data to be dumped on the SD is like asking to transform your Fiat Panda into a Ferrari or a Mini into a Matrice 210". We can do a lot better than that in terms of discussion level.

Oh, he knows all that. He just gets uppity when he does not understand, or refuses to understand.
2020-4-14
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1651168 ft
United States

abkermit Posted at 4-14 17:23
As a new user, it looks like I cannot yet create a new thread, so I will post my question here, hoping some existing owner can answer: is it possible to use the Mavic Mini as a 'manual gimbal', so using the camera, keeping it in hands, without turning on the flying system? Camera is really good, and it could be used for 'normal' footage, with real sound, without the noise of the flying...
Thanks.
Andrea

https://forum.dji.com/thread-211562-1-1.html
2020-4-14
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1651168 ft
United States

The release of the rumored Mavic Air 2 would likely include RAW thus killing the feature in the Mini.
2020-4-14
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Italy

Akirasho Posted at 4-14 18:04
The release of the rumored Mavic Air 2 would likely include RAW thus killing the feature in the Mini.

I do not think that inserting the RAW in the Mini causes sales of the new Air 2 to lose, which will hopefully have better sensors than the current one and a much higher price than the Mini.
In addition, in the EU it will require a license for flying.
2020-4-14
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Renato61 Posted at 4-14 22:11
I do not think that inserting the RAW in the Mini causes sales of the new Air 2 to lose, which will hopefully have better sensors than the current one and a much higher price than the Mini.
In addition, in the EU it will require a license for flying.

Won’t the Mini also require a license? I noticed the 250g limit is stated about MTOW, not TOW. Which, if true, would put the Mini way above the 250g limit.
2020-4-14
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Italy

Ice_2k Posted at 4-14 23:04
Won’t the Mini also require a license? I noticed the 250g limit is stated about MTOW, not TOW. Which, if true, would put the Mini way above the 250g limit.

Not Mini, new Air 2.
2020-4-15
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

Renato61 Posted at 4-15 02:05
Not Mini, new Air 2.

unless I'm missing something, your reply has nothing to do with my post
2020-4-15
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Italy

Ice_2k Posted at 4-15 07:26

If I understand correctly the release of the MA2 (27/04 next) in your opinion would prevent the Raw on the Mini. I disagree.
2020-4-15
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 4-7 11:52
yes im having to spend my self issolation editing at home

It passes the time though

I don't want to be impolite but how many suns do You have on Your planet? There's a sunset on the picture but another sun is shining from the left side...
2020-4-15
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ice_2k Posted at 4-15 07:26

Isnt that the norm on this forum
2020-4-15
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

virtual Posted at 4-15 09:57
I don't want to be impolite but how many suns do You have on Your planet? There's a sunset on the picture but another sun is shining from the left side...

Can you send me the picture marking the issues, as ive no idea what you meen?
2020-4-15
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

Renato61 Posted at 4-15 09:38
If I understand correctly the release of the MA2 (27/04 next) in your opinion would prevent the Raw on the Mini. I disagree.

No, my reply had nothing to do with the RAW setting. I was just saying that the Mini might not make that first group of the new EU rules
2020-4-15
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 4-15 10:15
Can you send me the picture marking the issues, as ive no idea what you meen?

I think he’s saying the position of the sun doesn’t match the shadows
2020-4-15
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ice_2k Posted at 4-15 11:43
I think he’s saying the position of the sun doesn’t match the shadows

must have better eyes than me as i cant even see shadows on the picture!
2020-4-15
Use props
ukando
lvl.1
Flight distance : 417139 ft
Czechia

Great pictures so far, but very difficult to edit, because there's no RAW.
As previously someone said: First the photo comes RAW, then it gets compressed to JPG and saved into a storage.
So it's just a matter of a firmware to store RAW directly into the storage + app update for that setting to have a control.

But another REAL pain it's a shutter speed in video mode and 180-degree rule.

@DJI Just these two options please:
1. RAW photos
2. Shutter speed control in video mode and maybe ISO too

Same 2k is enough
2020-4-15
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Akirasho Posted at 4-4 22:04
That is not a "NO"!

But its not a yes neither lol
2020-4-15
Use props
CrazeUK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 504603 ft
United Kingdom

I am quite new to the hobby and find some Mavic owners really up themselves.

I personally bought the Mavic mini, to
1. Get used to drone flying.
2. I wanted something small, lightweight and something I could easily take on holiday.

I will also be buying a M2Pro quite soon, although for something I will spend around 2k on, I cant see it being used as much as the mini because it is not portable.
I wasn't concerned about buying the "cheapest".

As for the Raw discussion: Yes, all cameras do shoot in raw, then process into a compressed format to write to the card.  Technically, I would be really interested to see what argument DJI makes for it being a hardware limitation aside from write speeds to the sd card.

If they made a mavic Mini pro - with some additional whistles.. like raw, and charged more - I would probably pay it.
2020-4-19
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

virtual Posted at 4-15 09:57
I don't want to be impolite but how many suns do You have on Your planet? There's a sunset on the picture but another sun is shining from the left side...

Lol. That's why the clouds are all the same in his other pics. It's all photoshop.
2020-4-19
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

They' are going to make a Mavic Mini Pro... it will be released soon.

It won't be an ultra light but I am pretty sure it's going to be close.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-212717-1-1.html
2020-4-19
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

m80116 Posted at 4-19 15:34
They' are going to make a Mavic Mini Pro... it will be released soon.

It won't be an ultra light but I am pretty sure it's going to be close.

That's the mavic air 2. Not a mavic mini upgrade.. completely different league of drone with a much higher price tag.
2020-4-19
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

deathsquad Posted at 4-19 15:08
Lol. That's why the clouds are all the same in his other pics. It's all photoshop.

its not photoshop although i have used photoshop type programs in the past ! The image had been manipulated! but felt the original poster who said he didnt want to be inpolite didnt warrant a serious answer, so simply said i didnt know what he meant ! And the clouds were from the same picture although the editted pictures where slightly different. Its about having fun with photography and thats what it is for me. if others dont like what i post then unfortunatly you cant please everyone all of the time!
2020-4-19
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules