Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

JetSam Posted at 4-25 02:50
i did the update via Dji Fly and Mobile device

ic...in another thread, Mindy (DJI admin) suggests to use DJI Assistant as many users are having issues upgrading with Fly app and this motor errors...perhaps it may fix the problem instead of wasting good props...?
2020-4-25
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

use DJI Assistant like Mindy told you
2020-4-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

JetSam Posted at 4-25 03:32
use DJI Assistant like Mindy told you

Please let us know if using DJI Assistant fixes your problem?
2020-4-25
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

My mini is 1 month old and i had an un-commanded decent after a few days of flying, i decided to swap all props for new ones after this and have had no problems since, i also dont store the mini in the fly more box unless im going out flying. After the firmware update i flew 3 full batteries with no problems or warnings.
2020-4-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Bezik Posted at 4-25 04:04
My mini is 1 month old and i had an un-commanded decent after a few days of flying, i decided to swap all props for new ones after this and have had no problems since, i also dont store the mini in the fly more box unless im going out flying. After the firmware update i flew 3 full batteries with no problems or warnings.

hi...did you update using computer or app?
2020-4-25
Use props
djiuser_u4VyMA3NBk4m
New
Flight distance : 64016 ft
Poland

Same problem with motor speed for me. I updated through app but i cant connect my mavic mini to DJI assistant 2 idk why.
2020-4-25
Use props
Buccanan
lvl.1

Spain

djiuser_cRVpccFSSl0K Posted at 4-24 10:55
Hi there,
I have the same problem before update was everything fine. I have replaced the props and checked everything but it still does the same. It is always the left rear motor.
When I restart the drone the problem disappears, but shows again during the flight. Fortunately, it stays stable and does not cause any problems.

Same to me. Rear left.
2020-4-25
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-25 04:08
hi...did you update using computer or app?

updated using pc
2020-4-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

...and?

...please let us know...thank you.
2020-4-25
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-25 04:33
...and?

...please let us know...thank you.

yeah as i said in the previous post "After the firmware update i flew 3 full batteries with no problems or warnings." I did a range test flight yesterday and got 2000m with no break ups or visual stutters on the phone, could of gone further but the firmware reset my max distance/height settings. Also noticed I now get GPS indoors, my friend also noticed this on his mini after the update, overall VERY happy with the new firmware!

2020-4-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Bezik Posted at 4-25 05:20
yeah as i said in the previous post "After the firmware update i flew 3 full batteries with no problems or warnings." I did a range test flight yesterday and got 2000m with no break ups or visual stutters on the phone, could of gone further but the firmware reset my max distance/height settings. Also noticed I now get GPS indoors, my friend also noticed this on his mini after the update, overall VERY happy with the new firmware!

...seems updating firmware with PC is more reliable.

Thanks for feedback!
2020-4-25
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

It isn't incorrect. It is just a 4th observation that deepens the mystery. People have been replacing props with new props and the error goes away. Not switching. Replacing.

Explain to me how switching isn't the same as replacing? You replace the bad props with the props from a good motor, if the error doesn't come back then replacing the props fixed the issue. What was the issue then if the bad props on a new motor don't trigger the error? Were the original error'ing props actually bad or is this a fw bug?

They have been working on this patch since the last patch, and testing it a lot.

lol that's funny, were the test dummies here. Half the people here wait for the other half to do testing before they update because issues like these are found and were never addressed by DJI. They could of but a disclaimer, new update might cause X error because Y reason. Do they, will they, nahhh.

Oh, one other thing, MASS ISSUE is overused here.

I've been on this forum since December, you think my "mass" claim is exaggerated some how? There have been over 50 lost mini threads since it's release, the majority of those from uncommanded descents. I myself have used your very argument against users here and I'll repeat it for you, this is DJI's official forum. It's a focused group of users reporting problems, when looking at the forums the mini looks like a failure but when you consider that the traffic here is maybe 1.5% of the MM owners you understand these issues aren't as pandemic as people would like to make out.

Posting fake news is really not the best way to get the right people looking at your problem.

What fake news is that? That from reading the forums anyone with half a brain can see that there's an issue with props, be it a bad batch, storing issues, something but DJI felt the need to address it with the latest fw. DJI hasn't come out and publicly said "Were aware of these recent issues and have released a fix in an attempt tt solve it." That would mean they have claimed responsibility for knowing about an issue, it's the same as GM/FORD,DODGE, they know about issues that need to be recalled but when you can silently "Patch" it without recalling the entire fleet they will do that a hundred times then own there screw up and do a recall. IF DJI really understands that they have prop issues they would issues ALL MAVIC MINI owners FREE prop replacements. Have they? Will they?

2. Possibly, the performance envelope is even narrower with the MM. Really, no. Take a look back a week or two in the forums, there is a nice thread that talks about the narrow performance of the mavic mini.

3. The original firmware (prior to this release) drastically auto descended at some point when there were too many max power errors. Are you a DJI Engineer? How do you know those drops were related to those errors and not props?

4. This release (hopefully) does not auto descend, but informs the user which prop(s) are causing the max power errors. We've been hoping for DJI to address these issues since fw 1.03.

@120ccpm Ty for repeating the same thing without being attacked.
DJI is not telling us whether there's a batch of bad props around or whether props eventually lose their shape if stored improperly (the rear props are obviously more at risk, as they end up under the AC when the arms are folded in), but this new addition to the firmware really seems to give us a early warning that something is not right.

There are reports of uncommanded descents, and the theory is that they could be related to props. DJI never acknowledged the problem, but here on the forum they always recommended to replace the props in those situations.

Like I said in my original conspiracy theory, DJI could have the detection rate at 90% to force the hand of its users to change props knowing that there's an issue and if everyone as a whole has to change props then the likely hood of more uncommanded descents could go down. Why do a recall or give customers replacement props, lets not say anything and see if we can't sweep this under the rug with a fw patch. That is the part I don't like, they have everyone's flight logs and the internal information exists that they developed this error to catch under performing props, THEY KNOW SOMETHING IS A MISS AND ARE NOT SAYING ANYTHING. This is what makes them shady, don't hide from it, own it. It helps improve the companies public image by acknowledging the issue and taking a stance to resolve it properly.

2020-4-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

ABeardedItalian Posted at 4-25 05:29
It isn't incorrect. It is just a 4th observation that deepens the mystery. People have been replacing props with new props and the error goes away. Not switching. Replacing.

Explain to me how switching isn't the same as replacing? You replace the bad props with the props from a good motor, if the error doesn't come back then replacing the props fixed the issue. What was the issue then if the bad props on a new motor don't trigger the error? Were the original error'ing props actually bad or is this a fw bug?

...si, I agree paysan
...but, it may well be an app vs computer update problem.

...hopefully, we will resolve this soon.

Forza Italia!

2020-4-25
Use props
RobbieSLD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87064 ft
Netherlands

Hi all!,

New in the world of drones and forums. Also have the motor issues on the rear left motor. Have been flying around for 2 hours now before the update without any issues, after the update directly the alert.
Isn't it possible to keep the original rotors after the replacement and use these as a spare part or are they single use? I have updated controller and MM with the DJI assistance system on a laptop by the way.
2020-4-25
Use props
Seu Pereira
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8620407 ft
Brazil

Hi guys,

These are my front left prop. I've crashed it today, and it's much worse then my rear left props. Even though, it's asking me to change left rear props.

Take your conclusions...
IMG_20200425_110149.jpg
IMG_20200425_110112.jpg
2020-4-25
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

RobbieSLD Posted at 4-25 06:26
Hi all!,

New in the world of drones and forums. Also have the motor issues on the rear left motor. Have been flying around for 2 hours now before the update without any issues, after the update directly the alert.

Try updating the firmware using DJI Assistant first, before replacing props. Update the drone and the RC.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
2020-4-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Deucalion Posted at 4-25 06:51
Try updating the firmware using DJI Assistant first, before replacing props. Update the drone and the RC.

...hmmmm.....
DJI please??
2020-4-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

...yes indeed.
2020-4-25
Use props
Chris130
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48264 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve just upgraded my firmware. Exactly the same issue. Motor speed error with rear left prop. There is clearly an issue with the firmware.
2020-4-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

lol...nihao?

...something wrong...

...yes...something wrong...it is obvious.
2020-4-25
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-25 05:31
...si, I agree paysan
...but, it may well be an app vs computer update problem.

Exactly, we don't know the root causes of these issues.

From my own observation it seems that if you refresh with DJI Assistant you maybe won't have the error, what we do know is the default over the air updating is causing issues for users.

To the people complaining about getting this error now and not before, this didn't exist in 1.04 so of course you wouldn't of had these warnings before. That's like saying my tire is losing air it's never done that before today. Well you didn't run over a nail until today so I'd argue that's the reason.

If you get this error I would first try to refresh your fw with DJI Assistant, then if the error persists to then change and replace the props.

At least that way we could help rule out if it's indeed a FW BUG.
2020-4-25
Use props
djiuser_nWLRDYCCNd5Y
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1351969 ft
Greece

Today I made second test after I re update throw pc. The problem still exist
2020-4-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

ABeardedItalian Posted at 4-25 07:01
Exactly, we don't know the root causes of these issues.

From my own observation it seems that if you refresh with DJI Assistant you maybe won't have the error, what we do know is the default over the air updating is causing issues for users.

...si, yes...fully agree yes...seriously try refresh firmware....and post results.
2020-4-25
Use props
djiuser_Cc2WangD8Rna
New

United States

Same error for me after the update. Left rear motor. Replaced props and screws and it has not reoccurred...
2020-4-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_Cc2WangD8Rna Posted at 4-25 07:08
Same error for me after the update. Left rear motor. Replaced props and screws and it has not reoccurred...

...seeems  like a bad batch of DJI props....
2020-4-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-25 07:10
...seeems  like a bad batch of DJI props....

DJI...???????
2020-4-25
Use props
ProfCovfefe
New
Flight distance : 90318 ft
Germany

Jup same issue here. Updated the firmware and 2 mins into flight I got the motor speed warning for the rear left motor. Is there any way to downgrade the firmware back to the last version?
2020-4-25
Use props
ProfCovfefe
New
Flight distance : 90318 ft
Germany

Well I just noticed something. When replacing the props I noticed that the screws were a bit loose. After tightening them up the error was gone.
2020-4-25
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

Explain to me how switching isn't the same as replacing? You replace the bad props with the props from a good motor, if the error doesn't come back then replacing the props fixed the issue. What was the issue then if the bad props on a new motor don't trigger the error? Were the original error'ing props actually bad or is this a fw bug?

"Explain to me how switching isn't the same as replacing?"

Replacing means use a brand new set of props. Not the same ones you have been using. People have been doing that and it works.

"I've been on this forum since December, you think my "mass" claim is exaggerated some how? "

Very much so. For the same reasons you said, there are not that many reports here on this forum AND this forum is where people go to report things.

"What fake news is that? That from reading the forums anyone with half a brain can see that there's an issue with props, be it a bad batch, storing issues, something but DJI felt the need to address it with the latest fw."

Calling it a MASS ISSUE was the fake news. If you said there seems to be an issue with some users' props/fw/motors, then that would be NO NEWS, cause it was obvious if you read the thread.

"Are you a DJI Engineer? How do you know those drops were related to those errors and not props?"

No. I am an engineer, but have nothing to do with DJI, except owning a MM for 2 weeks. I never said they were not related to the props. I said the uncommanded descents were because of FW. I threw in the possibility of "bad" props, except not actually bad since except for the FW being so picky, you could fly the damn thing and not even know.

"IF DJI really understands that they have prop issues they would issues ALL MAVIC MINI owners FREE prop replacements. Have they? Will they?"

Seriously? For a few bad props (if they are even bad) you expect them to replace all the props? Why? Why not just deal with the issues on a case by case basis as they have been, under warranty, and make design changes, as they have been? That is how Chevy, Dodge and Ford do it. After a warranty repair, they don't then go and replace that same part on everyone's car. That is absurd.

"Like I said in my original conspiracy theory, DJI could have the detection rate at 90% to force the hand of its users to change props knowing that there's an issue and if everyone as a whole has to change props then the likely hood of more uncommanded descents could go down."

Well, this is easy. According to the forum, very few have had to actually replace props, and some (maybe most) of those users wouldn't if they'd used DJI Assistant to do the FW upgrade. 90% = FAKE NEWS. Again. I realize that this propgate thing is your whole being right now, but why the exaggerated headlines? And why propgate? Why not see it for what it is? A warranty issue. This is why we have warranties.
2020-4-25
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

Explain to me how switching isn't the same as replacing? You replace the bad props with the props from a good motor, if the error doesn't come back then replacing the props fixed the issue. What was the issue then if the bad props on a new motor don't trigger the error? Were the original error'ing props actually bad or is this a fw bug?

Regarding this in more detail.

As I understand it, a user had a prop error on the left rear motor. They then switched those props with the other (like) motor and the error went away. They then switched them back and the error returned.

Yet, for the users using NEW props it doesn't matter what motors they put the props on. No errors.

Thus, there is a difference between the set of new props and the set of old props. Otherwise they would both act the same.

Also, because of recent data, did that user re-install the firmware using DJI Assistant? That has fixed the bad prop errors for some users.
2020-4-25
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

Seu Pereira Posted at 4-25 06:50
Hi guys,

These are my front left prop. I've crashed it today, and it's much worse then my rear left props. Even though, it's asking me to change left rear props.

Don't know what to say. We know that you can replace the props and it fixes the issue. We know that some have fixed it by reupgrading the firmware using DJI Assistant. Were you able to connect your MM to you Mac and use DJI Assistant? I would really do that first and then change the props.

As far as visually. It has been known for some time that you cannot see the differences usually.

2020-4-25
Use props
RobbieSLD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87064 ft
Netherlands

Already tried without result... even downgraden and upgraded again to see if it worked, also no change.  After replacing the rear blades L+R no more issues for a full battery... I really don’t understand it anymore
2020-4-25
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

Deucalion Posted at 4-25 07:50

Regarding this in more detail.

Round and round we go.

Replace = changing. What you change them to doesn't matter new/used, if the used/bad props were the issue the error would come up again but NOW on the different motor. Do we know if he tested long enough to find out? Does putting the old props back bring back the error? Was it a loose screw in the first place and just re-seating fixed the issue. The List of variables goes on, but it does seem that refreshing fw and changing the props or some combination of both are fixing the issues brought on by the recent update.
2020-4-25
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

RobbieSLD Posted at 4-25 08:12
Already tried without result... even downgraden and upgraded again to see if it worked, also no change.  After replacing the rear blades L+R no more issues for a full battery... I really don’t understand it anymore

No one understands it any more.

At least there seems to be resolution. Reinstall firmware and if that doesn't work, install new props.
2020-4-25
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

So you can say, in most of cases that I can read here .... after installing firmware, you need to change the props ? Even if they were flawless before ? What a wonderful update...I stay at 1.0.3 :-)
2020-4-25
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

jonny007 Posted at 4-25 08:34
So you can say, in most of cases that I can read here .... after installing firmware, you need to change the props ? Even if they were flawless before ? What a wonderful update...I stay at 1.0.3 :-)

No that's not what were saying at all, my mini updated and has been unaffected by these errors.

Some users are having this error and those that do refreshing fw or replacing the props on the indicated motor fix the issue.
2020-4-25
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

Deucalion Posted at 4-25 07:36

Replacing means use a brand new set of props. Not the same ones you have been using. People have been doing that and it works.

Seriously? For a few bad props (if they are even bad) you expect them to replace all the props? Why? Why not just deal with the issues on a case by case basis as they have been, under warranty, and make design changes, as they have been? That is how Chevy, Dodge and Ford do it. After a warranty repair, they don't then go and replace that same part on everyone's car. That is absurd.

Recall....Warranty....same same but different.

I'll summarize what I've been trying to say. We the users see on the forums discussion on props and un commanded descents, dji has everyone flight logs and reviews the information periodically. With the information thay they have a discussion took place in the vain of:

Q/A Team: I think we might have some issues with our props.
Engineers: We can develop rpm monitoring and detect prop inconsistency and warn the user.
Q/A Team: Excellent, well wait to evaluate the information.

They are aware of existing issues and have now created an error check for it, now from the time of this fw release to the next fw DJI will review this information and see how extensive this prop issue really is. Once this new information has been collected they then can proceed with what's the best course of action. Be it Warranty all existing drones and issue free prop replacement or if it's wide spread that they need to recall and replace all existing drones on store shelves to remedy this issue. What we know for sure is DJI isn't going to tell us anything, we the user get to troubleshoot and be their support network and in 2 months maybe they'll release an update that fixes these issues and brings unknown new surprises.

2020-4-25
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

ProfCovfefe Posted at 4-25 07:29
Well I just noticed something. When replacing the props I noticed that the screws were a bit loose. After tightening them up the error was gone.

So as per post 108 (ProfCovfefe) I would suggest if motor issue:

1- check screws,
if motor issue again,
2-  try upgrade (refresh) via Assistant 2,

if motor issue again,
3- via Assistant2, downgrade and upgrade again,  

if motor issue  persit,  
4- replace blades and double check  the screws,

if motor issue  persit,
5- back to this forum.....

I can not fly  since I bought the MM (Jan2020) due to personnal problems but as soon as I will be able to fly, if motor issue, I will try this way.

may be .......

2020-4-25
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 4-25 08:18
Round and round we go.

Replace = changing. What you change them to doesn't matter new/used, if the used/bad props were the issue the error would come up again but NOW on the different motor. Do we know if he tested long enough to find out? Does putting the old props back bring back the error? Was it a loose screw in the first place and just re-seating fixed the issue. The List of variables goes on, but it does seem that refreshing fw and changing the props or some combination of both are fixing the issues brought on by the recent update.

I doubt the way you update the firmware (app vs Assistant) is a factor, here. Some props might be close to the error threshold and that's why today you get it and tomorrow you don't. Temperature could easily be a reason. Swapping front and rear means little as well, since the error threshold could be different. The one thing that appears to be consistent is that new props do fix the issue. I do agree DJI could have handled the situation much better, acknowledging the issue (uncommanded descents) in the first place, but I think this error message is an important step in the right direction.
2020-4-25
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 4-25 08:49
Seriously? For a few bad props (if they are even bad) you expect them to replace all the props? Why? Why not just deal with the issues on a case by case basis as they have been, under warranty, and make design changes, as they have been? That is how Chevy, Dodge and Ford do it. After a warranty repair, they don't then go and replace that same part on everyone's car. That is absurd.

Recall....Warranty....same same but different.

I guess my take on it is a bit different.

At some point Dji realized that some drones were performing uncommanded descents (resulting in loss of the AC and cost to DJI)  because of max power messages and the max power messages were because of marginal propellers.

As a fix (I hope) they changed the FW to report the propeller causing the max power error and NOT do a uncomannded descent. Time will tell if any of the upgraded drones perform an uncommanded descent. I have never seen the issue myself. But I will feel better when it is resolved. Then we can focus on why DJI can't write an app that will work on 16,000 different android / CPU combinations. Why they only seem to manage to get it to work on 15,900 combinations.

And then somehow, amidst all of this, the Go Fly app screws up the upgrade.
2020-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules