622 4 2020-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Badgersurfer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14016 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was doing a timelapse today and needed to do several takes under different settings but when I tried to set the path on the second take it wouldn't allow me to set it up by telling me something to the effect that the scene was too close to the previous one.  I was totally confused why so the only way I could continue was to delete the previous takes. This defeated the objective. Any ideas please or is it a bug?
2020-4-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

What are you using? also if you can post a video that would help.
2020-4-29
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

I've tried to use a close path and received the same error message. Apparently the Pocket sees this as an error.

This could possibly be easily resolved it a Pocket firmware / Mimo software update. But, then again, DJI has bigger problems left unresolved with these ....
2020-4-29
Use props
Badgersurfer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14016 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 4-29 07:19
What are you using? also if you can post a video that would help.

No point in a video as there is nothing to see. I was videoing a riverbank scene which was 30 feet away across a path of about 80 degrees. I had a Freewell ND16/pl fitted and my first path was left to right and then up a tree. It worked perfectly. I was shooting in Manual ISO 100, WB cloudy, 4K 60 frames speed 120. So with the next take I wanted the same path but tweak the settings. It was at that stage as I went to set the path on the first frame a dialog appeared telling me it was too close to the last path (or something to that effect). It would not let me continue. So I turned off and on again but still the same problem. Then I deleted the previous video and tried again and it worked. I then tried the same scene with only about 5 degrees scan and it still worked fine. I cannot understand why deleting the file made a difference, because even if it cached the previous settings it should clear the when restarted. I can't believe it reads the previous file. So what I could have done in hindsight was Recalibrate but I didn't think of it at the time. I have even tried it indoors with a distance of 10 feet to the focus point and only about five degrees pth but it still worked ok. So I don't know what sequence has caused the issue. Obviously I am not the only one by the looks of it.     
2020-4-29
Use props
Dougnut
New

United States

I had this issue today too. I deleted and reinstalled the app and it seemed to fix the problem for now.
2-19 23:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules