1234Next >
33998 138 2014-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-ZT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 411411 ft
China

The package mode or travel mode(we call it travel mode) is designed to flat the inspire.
Of course you need take off the gimbal first.

The inspire 1 can fit the case when it is in travel mode.

The outer dimension of the case is 556x490x240mm.
2014-12-8
Use props
Gorilla Drone
lvl.2

United States

DJI-ZT Posted at 2014-12-9 11:09
The package mode or travel mode(we call it travel mode) is designed to flat the inspire.
Of course  ...

DJI-ZT,

Can you confirm all buyers will receive this case? I preordered through 1UAS.com as they are my preferred dealer.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!.

Thank you!
Jose
2014-12-8
Use props
DJI-ZT
lvl.3
China

Gorilla Drone Posted at 2014-12-9 11:40
DJI-ZT,

Can you confirm all buyers will receive this case? I preordered through 1UAS.com as they  ...

Yes every inspire 1 will ship with the case. It is Free for every buyer.
However the case is not water proof.
NO wheels. Only a carry case.
Case weight: aproximately 3Kg.
Outer dimension: 556x490x240mm.

2014-12-8
Use props
Gorilla Drone
lvl.2

United States

DJI-ZT Posted at 2014-12-9 12:01
Yes every inspire 1 will ship with the case. It is Free for every buyer.
However the case is not w ...

Thank you ZT.

Any information on if it will ship with the Inspire or will it be sent after?

Also, any information if we can expect dealers to receive there first batch this month?

Thank you!
2014-12-8
Use props
Mcaprilesc
lvl.2

Venezuela

Thanks ZT for confirming that we are getting the free case. Could you tell us what we can fit inside other than the "flattened"  Inspire 1? Let's see what will Go Professional offer to better this free and made to exact size case. Best of all... It's free. Thanks again.
2014-12-8
Use props
DJI-ZT
lvl.3
China

It will be shipped together with the inspire 1.
2014-12-8
Use props
Gorilla Drone
lvl.2

United States

DJI-ZT Posted at 2014-12-9 13:37
It will be shipped together with the inspire 1.

thank you ZT!
2014-12-8
Use props
ultraturtle
lvl.2

United States

For us Gringos, the dimensions are 21.9" x 19.3" x 9.4".  About the dimensions I was hoping for and plenty large enough to fit the Inspire 1 plus a single controller, the camera, three batteries (one in the Inspire 1, and two in the foam cutouts), with a fourth quadrant large enough to fit all of the accessories (props, chargers, filter case, and spares kit).

This exceeds my expectations, and represents a ~ $250 bonus from DJI (I would have purchased a case like this for this amount anyway).  Interestingly, this makes the cost of an Inspire 1 plus case almost exactly double the cost of a Phantom 2 Vision + plus case, narrowing the value gap.

For those concerned, while the dimensions do not come close to complying with major airlines 22" x 14" x 9" requirement.  I am confident it will fit in the deepened bins of the major carriers that accommodate the 22" x 9" dimension.  As I stated in a previous post, I'll test that suggestion in a couple of days with a 19.3" x 9.4" cardboard template on a couple of Delta 737s.
2014-12-8
Use props
Gorilla Drone
lvl.2

United States

ultraturtle Posted at 2014-12-9 14:17
For us Gringos, the dimensions are 21.9" x 19.3" x 9.4".  About the dimensions I was hoping for and  ...

please share your experience, we will all appreciate it, gringo!
2014-12-8
Use props
darickyeo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4108688 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Wow this is really the best news to date!  

Hope someone can show the inside of the case soon... and what the case can contain...

2014-12-9
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

The case is a nice gift...but I'm more excited about the late December rollout.
2014-12-9
Use props
DJI-ZT
lvl.3
China

outer

outer

inner

inner

inner: 7 batteries

inner: 7 batteries

2014-12-9
Use props
Gorilla Drone
lvl.2

United States

DJI-ZT Posted at 2014-12-10 13:39
file:///Users/dji/Desktop/变形机箱子照片/647A7533.JPG

ZT, we can't see your attachments.
2014-12-9
Use props
AVNes
lvl.3

United States

Thank you DJI-ZT for providing images of the interior of the case!
2014-12-10
Use props
pauldean85
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Case looks brilliant - thanks for sharing this!
2014-12-10
Use props
AcesAreWld
lvl.2

United States

Where does the (removed) DJI camera fit inside that case?
2014-12-10
Use props
DJI-ZT
lvl.3
China

In the small black case.
2014-12-10
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome case...I love it
2014-12-10
Use props
ultraturtle
lvl.2

The DJI case fits easily in the deepened overhead bin of all Delta jets with plenty of room to spare.  Template shows that it can be placed long dimension in B737 overhead bins with over 3" to spare while closing the bin:

The narrower dimension is shown on the template for reference. I cannot vouch for the depth of other airlines' bins, but this template demonstrates it will also fit narrow dimension in, in a much smaller space.

Remarkably, this case fits all of the same components of the Go Professional case in 37% of the volume.  It can save you as much as $200 each way when you travel (the Go Professional case incurs oversize baggage fees).  

While it is technically larger than the 22" x 14" x 9" limit major carriers in the USA place on carry on luggage, plenty of folks bring larger luggage every day.  A limiting factor might be width of the x-ray machine at the security checkpoint, so you may want to arrive early in case either TSA or the airline itself makes you check it.  

The $25 checked baggage fee may be no fun (if it applies to you), but if you plan to check it anyway, the advantage is that you can transport  a third 5.7 Ah battery, but only if installed in the quadcopter and checked.  All other spare batteries must travel with you in your carry on luggage, with no limit on the number of 4.5 Ah batteries, but a maximum of 2 x 5.7 Ah batteries.
2014-12-11
Use props
NorthernLoop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 300246 ft
United Kingdom

Shame it won't fit inside the Pelican 1510 which is a airline carry on case!
Thankfully I do own a 1560 case but that wont get on any airlines

2014-12-11
Use props
AcesAreWld
lvl.2

United States

I'm really confused because I thought that checking the LiPos that we use was a BAD BAD thing? I thought we *ALWAYS* had to carry our batteries in our carry-on's with no exceptions.

My understanding was the temperature and pressure differences caused them to swell and possibly rupture/explode?
2014-12-11
Use props
JerryMutter
lvl.2

United States

well what about shipping from china to USA. they will need to ship all the batteries I wonder if this is the problem with the large capacity battery.
my order is stated to use fedex.
2014-12-11
Use props
ultraturtle
lvl.2

AcesAreWld Posted at 2014-12-12 00:01
I'm really confused because I thought that checking the LiPos that we use was a BAD BAD thing? I tho ...

Spare lithium ion batteries absolutely must be carried on.  They are prohibited in checked baggage.   Lithium ion batteries installed in a device, to include those greater than 100 Wh like the Inspire 1 5.7 Ah battery, are allowed in checked baggage.

See http://www.faa.gov/about/office_ ... s_and_batteries.pdf
2014-12-11
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Switzerland

Hi everybody,
very happy that DJI will provide inspire buyers with a complementary travel/storage case for the inspire. From the pics posted in the internet this case will hold the inspire 1 + 2 x remote controls, presumably the charger and propellers, and as many as 7 batteries . Nicely  conceived and well utilised space. However, for certain occasions this case may still be too big., and also end up to be quite heavy once filled with all that stuff.  I am hopeful that some case manufacturer will come up with a smaller bag/case  similar to the photoshopped pic version posted by ultra turtle which holds only the flat Inspire 1,  the gimble and camera, 1x remote control, the charger and 2-3 batteries, which would be perfect for my needs and presumably for all the ones which will by the inspire with one remote only. While the pros which presumably travel with lots of equipment will not mind a larger case that takes all the equipments they need, occasional users in my opinion will favour a more compact  solution even if it means  compromising a little  load-ability. Rather travel with 2 piece of luggage that can be carried on board a plane , than 1 large piece that must be checked in. what do you think ?
2014-12-11
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Switzerland

2014-12-11
Use props
Zeebadoo
lvl.2

United States

You could make the case lighter perhaps, but from the photo, I can't see making a case any smaller. The flat inspire fills the case from corner to corner regardless of how many batteries/remotes you add in.
2014-12-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you ZT for the posts and the pictures.  This is what users were waiting for and a nice bonus for our users.  The weight will be a factor shlepping it through the airport without wheels.  I guess I will have to invest in a a small rolling platform.  I know, I am such a wimp.    
2014-12-11
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

If this is the case DJI is throwing in. I would like to say thanks ahead of time. I would also like to say that I can appreciate you not releasing a product knowing that it wasn't 100% in the companies eyes!!!

Mike
2014-12-11
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI, this may seem like a strange request, but could you provide us with the outside dimensions of the case insert. It may be possible for many of us to use the insert inside of a hard case that we've already purchased for our Visions.

I, for example, have an HRPC case which won't accommodate your case with the exterior portion, but may fit the insert portion. Others too may simply want to by a travel worthy hard case that will fir the insert. The insert can be moved based upon travel needs.
2014-12-11
Use props
JerryMutter
lvl.2

United States

is that a ipad I see in the front of the case?
2014-12-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JerryMutter Posted at 2014-12-12 06:26
is that a ipad I see in the front of the case?

Probably an iPad Air.  
2014-12-11
Use props
wrenburner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192917 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really excited that DJI will be providing Inspire Pre Order Owners a free case!
2014-12-11
Use props
ooilouis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119062 ft
Singapore

Hope they can add the wheel for the case
Hand carry is not easy.
2014-12-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I got some more detailed photos from DJI HQ and there is space for 8 lipos, 2 Tx's, the Inspire, the charger, an iPad and props.  A lot of stuff in a small space.  Congratulations to the design team that put this together.  It is a masterpiece of engineering both the copter and the case.  Bravo!!!
2014-12-11
Use props
ultraturtle
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-12-12 10:31
I got some more detailed photos from DJI HQ and there is space for 8 lipos, 2 Tx's, the Inspire, the ...

I see 7 batteries in the photos released so far.  Where's the 8th?
2014-12-11
Use props
JerryMutter
lvl.2

United States

the 8th would go in the inspire
2014-12-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JerryMutter Posted at 2014-12-12 10:45

You are correct.
2014-12-11
Use props
ultraturtle
lvl.2

United States

JerryMutter Posted at 2014-12-12 10:45

Gotcha.

These DJI guys are very impressive.  They are giving us a case that occupies 37% the volume of the Go Professional sloggable trunk, yet with room to store more useable stuff - for free.
Hat's off, and sincere thanks to DJI for giving those of us taking the risk of preordering a product that has not yet been fully proven a gift well in excess of $469.
2014-12-11
Use props
Gorilla Drone
lvl.2

United States

ultraturtle Posted at 2014-12-11 23:17
The DJI case fits easily in the deepened overhead bin of all Delta jets with plenty of room to spare ...

thank you for this information, now I guess have to figure out how to get 8 batteries in through TSA...
2014-12-11
Use props
nadeemshaikh
lvl.1

India

Where is the Ipad holder placed? Can someone please point that out?
2014-12-12
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules