7218 65 2015-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kalin2011
lvl.2

Canada

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-17 23:55
No I don't work for DJI  ..

As much as I agree it frustrating to have a new firmware with issues ...

I agree that some are crying wolf, but there are clear patterns to the constructive complaints being voiced.  Unsafe may mean to many that their investment is in jeopardy.  If my P3 crashed through no fault of my own, I'd be pissed.  I don't envy DJI for seperating the human error incidents from the software- hardware problems, but they are easy targets for the trashing they get.  When you mix a demanding, mostly western, mostly inexperienced buyer with a sofisticated piece of tecnology that was perhaps not quite ready for release, you get the fecal show we are seeing here.  Keep it close to the ground boys and girls!  

2015-6-17
Use props
BobbyB
lvl.1

United States

I'm going fishing in the Keys...you guys let me know when this is fixed.
2015-6-17
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

My two cents posted also on PhantomPilots.com...............

I've tested with the new firmware update again today outside. Some intermittent gust of wind even better testing VPS.

I recorded the whole test with a GoPro on my hat in an effort to help by posting my results. Turns out my vid would be pointless in illustrating the "problem" as there doesn't seem to be on for my P3P.

My bird seems fine. Maintains a 1, 2, 3, 4, foot altitude while staying in it's X and Y space give or take and inch or so. To mix it up with the textures that the VPS is looking at I hovered over short yard grass, over pebbled patio, and roof of my house. Again, last nights test in the basement, with zero GPS signal, proved ok. There was i little "floatyness" to it but nothing like the reports others have claimed. I have to remember this things on board equipment is not military grade GPS and VPS. It's a pro-sumer $1200 quad. That said I'm prone to be the fist person running around screaming, "The sky is falling".... but not this time. Thankfully.

Hope the issue, what ever the "fix", is worked out soon for everyone but I'm sure my P3 isn't anything more special than the next person's.
2015-6-17
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-17 14:19
Here is another example of the before and after firmware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHN3GtIOdA ...

Wish folks would just put up the info where it's easier to look at and observe. Drop the cheesy type animations and "jokes"... but that's my problem isn't it?

That said I wonder if a cold IMU calibration would be warranted here.
2015-6-17
Use props
will.luttrell
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

The way DJI should mitigate this is with a downgrade path available to users.

And random, rapid height adjustments ARE a safety hazard.
2015-6-17
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

I agree that there should not be recalls however I do feel it is reckless to tell people everything is fine. There are a great deal of documented problems that include drift, altitude/attitude miscalculations, climbing and falling automatically just to name a few. I went out today and had all kinds of wonky numbers on the app to do with negative elevation and drift. on the plus side, I am not having any Android device heat up or video problems(that I can tell from a few meters out anyways). As for me, I am placing mine in the case until something gives. I don't want to put this in the ground and cry after.  
2015-6-17
Use props
tcchow.g.m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9647812 ft
Hong Kong

I am having the problems as you guys. 100% is the VPS cause the problem after the 1.2.6 upgraded.
I went to DJI ShenZhen wear house yesterday, after a fews checking, they replace a new VPS compoment for me it just work fine as before even without doing the IMU caliibration. I guess is something do with the parcel shippment of that compment, thats why, not every body getting that issues.
DJI Software enginner might have the first lots to doing testing and some of us might have the second or the third lots. So, to help/comfort others to upgrading their P3 to 1.2.6 can thouse people who are having issue please report when did they buy their P3 .
I bought my P3P at the 9 th May ( got it date )
2015-6-17
Use props
kenmasters
lvl.1

Canada

salota8550 Posted at 2015-6-17 08:12
I am not a big fan of the VPS, I turned off just after testing it.  I was not impressed with the res ...

You may want to check the units to ensure there are no issues.  Prop balancing is also a consideration for drift.   
2015-6-18
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-18
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

Never had an issue until I installed FW 1.2.6. Now I am seeing this...

EDIT: IMU Calibration seemed to clear this.

2015-6-18
Use props
salota8550 This user has been deleted
2015-6-18
Use props
2015-6-18
Use props
2015-6-18
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

salota8550 Posted at 2015-6-19 03:21
Yes, I had this too... I did restart the "aircraft" two times but it didn't allow me to start the  ...

aye I don't no what is going on. I did the IMU calibration took it up to hover and it was very unstable. all previous flights have been fantastic but now I am not flying till the next firmware update. I can see this ending in tears if I take it out
2015-6-18
Use props
musman1978
lvl.2

Poland

I think we all work for DJI now as testers
2015-6-18
Use props
hundleton1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2015-6-19 00:52
Do you work for DJI? I think they should pay you for helping this community. They should at least  ...

They should pay me it looks like i was the first to spot it, finders fee would be nice, got to pay for all this mad angling some how.
2015-6-18
Use props
SULTAN This user has been deleted
2015-6-18
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

I need some help with an issue, I have had altimeter reading problems for weeks, I have been posting for some time now about this issue and there are a few old threads dealing with this altitude loss problem, Every time I come back from a flight and return to ground level my altimeter reads that I am am still at about 30 to 50 ft . altitude,  could someone please look at there altimeter after a fairly long flight and let me know if you are seeing the same thing, its easy not to notice your altitude reading once you have landed.  I am obviously descending during flight and the altimeter is not reflecting the drop I can take it up to say 150 ft. hold it right at that altitude, fly around a while, and when I return and land I am still showing 30 to 50 ft altitude.  You can tell as it is descending that the altitude is not right.  I asked Tahoe Ed directly for help on identifying this issue, as to whether it was just in my p3p or if others were experiencing this and if an update might take care of it in the future.  He suggested that I was smoking to good of dope, and that I should call and get an RMA number.  wow    could someone please let me know if you have seen the same thing please.  
2015-6-18
Use props
john_barker
lvl.2

United Kingdom

To add my 10 pence worth, I had no issues with maintaining altitude until updating my P3P to firmware v1.2.6 last week, in two flights now I have witnessed sudden altitude drops and climbs when simply hovering and tonight had my first ultrasonic please land error.  I switched of VPS and tested again for the last 10 mins of battery life and the bird seemed more stable above and below 3m.  Definitaly in my mind an issue introduced in the latest firmware.
2015-6-23
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Thanks for posting this thread sploodge.  I am sure the engineers at DJI are working as fast as they can to correct the issues.  But they need accurate data.  Flight logs are the best way to get them unbiased flight performance data.  Most of the emotional, hysterical ranting is not really helping DJI get the problems fixed.   (Although it probably helps some angry owners feel better...)

Thus far I have not noticed any issues running 1.2.6 on my P3 Pro with an iPad Air 2.... But I am definitely turning the VPS feature off for now.   Let's hope DJI gets a handle on this issue soon.
2015-6-23
Use props
Zman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256362 ft
United States

I updated to few 1.2.6 last Thursday. Had an issue on my first flight on Friday with a random altitude drop while hovering at 8 ft.  I was able to pull up a little before it came down with a slightly hard landing. Called DJI and they told me to do a IMU calibration , which I did a gimbal calibration and compass calibration.  I took my P3p out again yesterday after some lousy weather and did a short test flight to check it out. VPS was off and it is still not holding position when hovering and also dropping altitude but since I was watching it like a hawk I could compensate and throttle it up to stop the descent. Man I wish I had never updated the FW from 1.1.9!
2015-6-25
Use props
carreteroricard
lvl.1

Mexico

Zman Posted at 2015-6-25 20:03
I updated to few 1.2.6 last Thursday. Had an issue on my first flight on Friday with a random altitu ...

I have the same problems since I install the 1.2.6 FW some days ago. Principally  the P3P is now hovering very unstable, loses altitude, send the VPS error advicing to land asap. I turn off the VPS in the app and now is a little better, not the same spectular drone it uses to be. And I bought it principally for the VPS, I love to fly in interiors. I email DJI support and yet no response from them. Suppose we have to wait for a new firmware !!!
2015-6-26
Use props
info.marcelvoss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1795 ft
Netherlands

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-17 03:00
Here are the example videos that was asked for..
'After doing some test flights after full resets in ...

Hi Sploodge,

Maybe a silly question but how did you get a video of the screen of your App device?
Or can I also view the flight records on my PC somehow?

I still use 1.1.9 btw, is there anything that version 1.2.6 will change that is positive then?
The only thing I can think of is the drifting horizon problem, is that fixed?

Marcel
2015-6-26
Use props
mcgator
lvl.1

United States

I have two P3P, one new one and the other with a bunch of flight time. Both have been updated to 1.9. DJI Go app, and RC also have their latest shots too. I had the Ultrasonic error on the first flight of the new P3P. It sounds like I'll have the same on the other as well. I thinking to back grade to 1.8 now. Any thoughts on doing that even with the RC and DJI Go app update as well?
2016-7-20
Use props
mcgator
lvl.1

United States

Didn't realize this is an old post
2016-7-20
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States