Suggested features to be added to DJI Fly app
6967 137 2020-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

I updated DJI Fly app wish list: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=216584

In their new version of the app (1.1.6) they included:
  • gimbal sensitivity adjustments (for all 3 fly modes independently)
  • yaw stick sensitivity (also for all 3 fly modes).
  • battery graph with information of time remaining to RTH, forced landing and total battery depletion

Looks like our feedback is being listened to.

Thank you DJI.

Mirek
2020-8-4
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

function button pressed for some seconds  to dynamic home point.And also all time dynamic home point
2020-8-4
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Mirek L Posted at 8-4 11:42
I updated DJI Fly app wish list: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=216584

thanks Mirek

I would like to see the M2 Cinematic mode added, I mentioned this before, dont see it on your list.
Braking smoothness is not addressed for the right stick yet, I want this.

Still waiting for 1.1.6 on the Canadian play store, dont want to side load.

2020-8-4
Use props
mikeferrarime.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 366522 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Mirek L Posted at 8-4 11:42

Hello, please it is very important that you add continuous mode to memory cards since every time the card is formatted it returns to 0001, thanks
2020-9-1
Use props
GreenDayPR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517087 ft
United States

Something that I would really like is the ability to get more information from ADS-B. for example: what's the manned aircraft altitude and speed.  I love airsense on the MA2, but sometimes its hard to know how close the manned aircraft is from my quad.

Another feature that I wish we would have is on the APAS and obstacle avoidance feature.  in the DJI Go 4 app shows the distance between the object and the drone, such feature is not currently available in the Flyapp. DJI Fly app just show an orange bar when the quad is close to an object.
2020-9-2
Use props
fanseed079e1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2590108 ft
Bulgaria

Please DJI , add an option to shoot ONLY in RAW, we do not have to duplicate the files and buy huge cards due to this misunderstanding.
And add the option to save the panoramas in RAW in separate folders, as in the old Air 1 application.
As far as I can see now, the application only assembles them and does not give any options and freedom to the people .
2020-9-5
Use props
MavicAir2Pilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1318665 ft
Denmark

Mirek L Posted at 6-8 05:25
Your suggestions have been added to the (already long) list.

Mirek

Hello again Mirek. Thats very nice but when will a serious upgrade for Mavic Air 2 users be available ? Now i've been waiting for half a year for these very important upgrades, but only one firmware update has been presented and the updates on the Fly app, showing remaining space in the sd card is not something that actually enhances all the functions lost on the Air 2 compared to the much older and cheaper Spark.

Another question is when will Dji release the SDK, so that for example the Litchi guys can implement mavic air 2 in their app, this would be at huge upgrade to a lot of users.

Regards from a very patient operator

Klaus
2020-10-22
Use props
MavicAir2Pilot
lvl.2
Denmark

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-27 04:58
Hi Mirek, we much appreciate your feedback, all your suggestions will be forwarded to out R&D department for attention, we will keep improving our products to make you have a better experience, please keep an eye on the future update on DJI website.

Hi Mindy. When will something serious happen to the Fly app ? A lot of Mavic Air 2 are still waiting very paitently for eigther a huge upgrade, or the ability to use Go4 to control the drone. There are so many functions missing on the Fly app...I fly Inspire 2 and Matrice 600 Pro drones for living but own a Air 2 privately, and besides all the other functions requested by Mirek in another thread it would be so nice to be able to use Dji Googles with the drone as well, currently unfortunately not supported.

as well when will the developer SDK be released so that for example the Litchi guys can make their app useable with Mavic air 2, i asked them this summer and they replied that it would be arriving within short time, but still no SDK as i understand it...how come ?

Best regards

Klaus
2020-10-22
Use props
dirkbertie
lvl.3

Germany

MisterMagoo Posted at 5-28 09:55
I think one function would be really GREAT: I'd like to have the possibility to automatically rotate the drone to my direction.
Now when I want to have it flying towards me, I am rotating it by checking the mini-radar. The rotation is not always perfect, of course, so I need to adjust it several times when it's flying towards me.
With a double click of the function button, I could have it rotated it automatically exactly in my direction. That would be great!

Thats what I'm also missing, very important!
2020-10-22
Use props
MavicAir2Pilot
lvl.2
Denmark

dirkbertie Posted at 10-22 02:53
Thats what I'm also missing, very important!

Hi dirkbertie, I think you will be able to get the drone to fly perfectly towards you, by shortly clicking the return to home buttom, and then cancel again, shortly after, that will make the drone fly in your direction if you set the home point to the controller location, witch is only possible after taking off.
2020-10-28
Use props
donald23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 244252 ft
Germany

I'm flying an Air 2S and have the following request to reiterate.

I really like to re-iterate the possibility to have continious file numbering. So that the drone keeps going with file numbering after a format.
It's already on the list, can be as easy as : two choices: continue numbering where it was (continious) or reset to 0.

This is important because when copying the files to a PC and trying to bring some order to that chaos, the file numbers help a lot! Especially for video. Since that lacks any sort of EXIF data what would otherwise be usuable.

And when not formatting in between, that causes two major issues: quickly the SD card going full quickly (roughly a 1GB per minute of video!) and retrieving files from the Sd card that I already retrieved before, which is an annoying hell to sort.

2021-4-23
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

Continue DREAMING ... they are not going to offer any major upgrade on MA2&MINI2 according the past drones experiences..... it's usual DJI behaviour ,,, 1-2Major upgrades and byebye meanwhile they design and release new drones
2021-4-23
Use props
djiuser_WLnq4Y8jsdTY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79701 ft
United States

I have a Mini 2. I would like to see the GPS coordinates displayed on the screen of the Fly APP for search and rescue missions or just an unique place to share with others while flying live. If your with a partner and they ask “what’s the coordinates?” I haven’t figured out how to get those to them. Any help? The only way I found is through find my drone or through data saved to a photo. The coordinates should just be on the screen.
2021-6-22
Use props
OpixTM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 154035 ft
Indonesia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-5-27 04:58
Hi Mirek, we much appreciate your feedback, all your suggestions will be forwarded to out R&D department for attention, we will keep improving our products to make you have a better experience, please keep an eye on the future update on DJI website.

Any progress from them?
2021-7-1
Use props
acp73
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209531 ft
Ukraine

Maybe this one exists but haven't found it yet (pretty new to this):
1. A reverse feature - the exact opposite flight path, but backwards. A few days ago I flew myself into a tricky situation and got between a few branches, but looked like the obstacle avoidance had stopped the drone in front of a tree. I wasn't sure how to get out of this situation and decided to go straight up - INTO A BRACH ABOVE and crashed my drone. I wished I could have just reversed the flight path in that moment.

2. I know it's been discussed before: A feature to update the app settings without being connected to the drone. later when the app connects to the RC and the Drone, all new settings can be synchronised to both.
3. Manually enable/disable sensors individually - for various flying environments

2021-7-4
Use props
N3NTJ
lvl.1
United States

How about being able to use the Zoom feature in photo mode? Right now, the Mavic Air 2 can only use zoom in video mode. No reason why we shouldn't be able to have a zoom option for photo mode.
2023-2-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

N3NTJ Posted at 2-2 07:39
How about being able to use the Zoom feature in photo mode? Right now, the Mavic Air 2 can only use zoom in video mode. No reason why we shouldn't be able to have a zoom option for photo mode.

Hi there. We value customers who provide their feedback. Rest assured that we'll communicate it with the respective team for its potential. We are grateful for sharing your opinions with us. Thank you for choosing DJI.
2023-2-2
Use props
Spacetrakker
First Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

I think you're all posting on the wrong website........The list of wanted add ons would amount to many hundreds of hours of programming changes at a huge cost ...all for a product which is probably due for "end of life " status in the not too distant future.
The reality of business is that they are investing their valuable resources into new product development to remain ahead of the competition, NOT  investing in obsolete models which don't generate any extra income to keep the business viable!

Get real guys....dream on by all means but don't expect DJI or any other company for that matter to operate as a post production charity.
I suspect you should be addressing this enormous wishlist to Father Christmas at his north pole headquarters....Alas the results will be the same... AMEN

Enjoy your Mavic, for what it is...A great product which unfortunate will always become "outdated" as new stuff hits the market. It's the way of the world in 2023.

Happy Flying!
Cheers All
2023-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules