NEW VPS problems after FW update?
4449 18 2015-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Have a read here..... Anyone got this issue?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2384430&page=1273

Regs Chris
2015-6-16
Use props
ack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3320043 ft
Czechia

http://youtu.be/lHN3GtIOdAg
2015-6-16
Use props
fritz
lvl.2

United States

I have been getting vps error messages since I got my phantom. I turn it off and still get the messages. Would there be any reason not to just remove the vps module? Why have the weight if you don't or can't use the feature.
2015-6-16
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

ack Posted at 2015-6-17 07:41

Oh dear....Mmmm Broken.... Thxs DJI and your FW update

Great Video of the problem but.
2015-6-16
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Me too, 27 flights with no major issues and now after this update there are many.. Vps is failing, video is leggy like real bad, and won't hold altitude,  it was real steady while hovering before and now it's all over the place. Also it only hovers at 1.5 meters I'm I go higher than 3.5 meters..  Then it holds altitude better but still not as stable as it use t be
2015-6-16
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-6-17 13:45
Me too, 27 flights with no major issues and now after this update there are many.. Vps is failing, v ...

Wot device u fly with? Ios or android ?
2015-6-17
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Hey, is there anyone who have  similar issue as the video 2# indicate?
If so, can you pls send your flight log to support? We are trying to find out the cause and reach a solution, thank you!
2015-6-17
Use props
Philliplloyd20
lvl.3
Flight distance : 690607 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-6-17 17:48
If so, can you pls send your  ...

Yes dji autumn me also having major problems with altitude hold and drifting off course constantly. I will upload my log asap. Personally I will no longer fly phantom 3 professional until the issue is fixed. I have lost all confidence in my phantom 3
2015-6-17
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

How did you get the telemetry on the video?
2015-6-17
Use props
sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-6-17 17:48
If so, can you pls send your  ...

I am getting VPS errors and drifting. How do I send the flight logs again?
2015-6-17
Use props
vincent.zorzi
lvl.3
France

I do have the same bug. How to extract flight log to send to you ?
2015-6-17
Use props
WarriorSoul
lvl.1

United States

Same issues here...
2015-6-17
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

ack Posted at 2015-6-17 07:41

My P3 pro is acting exactly the same way. I just saw this video here and I actually would believe that is mine if I didn't know better. Lol.
2015-6-17
Use props
jrlink
lvl.2

United States

Getting the same issues DJI LA gave me a RA but I am holding off on the return authorization. I believe its a firmware issue.
2015-6-18
Use props
uhayat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191421 ft
Pakistan

fritz@kellyhome Posted at 2015-6-17 10:29
I have been getting vps error messages since I got my phantom. I turn it off and still get the messa ...

You're the first person to suggest removing the module. I did just that 5 days ago. P3 weighs 20 grams less and haven't had any VPS errors since. Nor have I had any drifting issues. In fact the flight time has increased by a min at least. I will screw it back on once I'm sure it will work the way it's intended to. But I did apply a drop of hot glue to the light bridge board which is revealed once VPS module is removed in order to stop it from moving around since that too was secured in place by the VPS module screws. And of course I disabled VPS in the app prior to powering the p3p.
2015-6-23
Use props
john_barker
lvl.2

United Kingdom

To add my 10 pence worth, I had no issues with maintaining altitude until updating my P3P to firmware v1.2.6 last week, in two flights now I have witnessed sudden altitude drops and climbs when simply hovering and tonight had my first ultrasonic please land error.  I switched of VPS and tested again for the last 10 mins of battery life and the bird seemed more stable above and below 3m.  Definitaly in my mind an issue introduced in the latest firmware.
2015-6-23
Use props
fritz
lvl.2

United States

uhayat@hotmail. Posted at 2015-6-24 05:49
You're the first person to suggest removing the module. I did just that 5 days ago. P3 weighs 20 g ...

I think I will give that a shot, thanks for being the gunea pig!
2015-6-24
Use props
sebiss.hotmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1291900 ft
  • >>>
France

same problem.
2015-6-26
Use props
jafa
New

New Zealand

I applied the v1.2.6 firmware to my P3Pro and have had problems ever since.

I took the P3Pro for a flight the day after applying the update when I started the craft it came up with an error saying that the "Gyroscope's bias value is too large. Please restart the aircraft.”

I allowed the craft to cool and later that evening I calibrated the IMU

A couple of days later I took the P3Pro for a short test flight and I noticed that it was drifting to the left and struggling to hold it’s altitude (VPS was enabled).
A few days later I took it out for another flight and again the craft struggled to hold it’s height correctly.

After raising the aircraft I got a message on the screen saying that VPS was failing and telling me to land.

I took the P3P somewhere else and tried another flight to the same outcome.
I took a little video of the craft struggling with it’s altitude and showing the wrong height on the screen in the app.

Flight Data - http://1drv.ms/1GxEKDE

After take-off it kept slowly rising while showing a fixed height of 3.6m on the app as it ascended and descended

Mapping the flight data shows altitude as a negative number - https://www.mapsmadeeasy.com/log_viewer
2015-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules