Mavic Air won't connect to the controller
14864 6 2020-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kev_2731_PR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31952 ft
Puerto Rico

Hi, I am having trouble connecting my mavic air to the controller. I've been flying a lot lately, a few times a week. The other day I forgot my controller so I just used my phone to fly. Now it won't connect back to the RC. I reset my drone in Assistant, but the RC won't connect in Assistant. I also can't connect directly to my phone anymore either. I have also tried to connect to the drone direct to the RC without the phone with no luck.

I have been trying for 2 days to get it to connect with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

I am using a MAC, Iphone XS, and have the Mavic Air.
2020-7-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi kev_2731_PR,
Sorry to hear about your issue. Please execute these steps to try fix the problem:
1. Ensure aircraft and controller are both turned on. Press the power buttons for checking.
2. Remove the sd card and try to connect again.
3. Try various ways to connect remote controller with aircraft: app or buttons. Check out this tutorial:
4. Ensure that your remote controller and aircraft are both updated to the latest firmware. Check the controller's firmware on the DJI GO 4 app and the aircraft's firmware on DJI Assistance 2.

If this does not solve the problem please visit our website https://www.dji.com/support to receive further assistance.
2020-7-23
Use props
jeffbrauser
New

United States

whats the deal with the sd card I had same problem, removed it and it worked. is the card busted?
2022-2-18
Use props
Kizzle19
New
United States

Hey there, did you ever resolve this issue? I am now having the same problem after i switched mine to wifi connectivity. I can't get it back to wired connectivity through the RC. I've tried every which way to connect it again with no luck. Also removed the SD card and still having the same problem. Factory reset the drone in DJI Assistant 2. Attemped to factory reset the RC in DJI Assistant 2 as well but it won't show up at all in there, the usb connection makes noises as if I am connecting and disconnecting it constantly. I'm starting to wonder if my RC has something wrong with it. Secondary issue is that the drone doesnt broadcast its little wifi anymore either so I can't actually fly at all at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!
4-6 08:34
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Kizzle19 Posted at 4-6 08:34
Hey there, did you ever resolve this issue? I am now having the same problem after i switched mine to wifi connectivity. I can't get it back to wired connectivity through the RC. I've tried every which way to connect it again with no luck. Also removed the SD card and still having the same problem. Factory reset the drone in DJI Assistant 2. Attemped to factory reset the RC in DJI Assistant 2 as well but it won't show up at all in there, the usb connection makes noises as if I am connecting and disconnecting it constantly. I'm starting to wonder if my RC has something wrong with it. Secondary issue is that the drone doesnt broadcast its little wifi anymore either so I can't actually fly at all at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!

Hi, Kizzle19. Thank you for reaching out. If I may ask, what mobile phone are you using, is it an IOS or Android? Thank you.
4-6 20:30
Use props
Kizzle19
New
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-6 20:30
Hi, Kizzle19. Thank you for reaching out. If I may ask, what mobile phone are you using, is it an IOS or Android? Thank you.

Hey there, I am using iOS on an iPhone 12
4-8 08:00
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Kizzle19 Posted at 4-8 08:00
Hey there, I am using iOS on an iPhone 12

Hello. Thank you for the update. Please perform troubleshooting following the instructions below.
1.  Check if the cables are connected properly.
2.  If using the remote controller’s lower USB port, then check if the short cable on the left has been unplugged. Make sure the short cable is not connected.
3.  Change the cables, port, or mobile device and try again.
If the above methods fail, then carry out the following troubleshooting procedures.
For iOS Device:
1.  When connecting the remote controller to the mobile device with the cable, check if the C2 option is shown in the “General-About” interface.

2. Check if the charging icon appears when connecting the remote controller to the mobile device with the cable.
3. Check if the iOS system’s version is the latest.
Solutions:
1. If the C2 option appears, but the remote controller cannot be connected to the app: Update the iOS system.
2. If the C2 option does not appear, however, the mobile device shows that it is being charged. You can try the following
a. Unplug and reattach the cable.
b. Restart the remote controller.
c. Restart the mobile device.
d. Change the mobile device.
3. If the C2 option does not appear, and after the charging icon appears for a second, the charging stops: Restart the mobile device. After restarting the mobile device, if the remote controller shows that it is being charged, restart the remote controller or unplug and reattach the cable.
Please keep us posted. Have a nice day.
4-9 01:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules