Gimbal Movement Crashes Osmo Pocket
1092 7 2020-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dannyboy93
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3110 ft
Canada

Until now I have had no issues with my Osmo pocket. It is a little over a year old and has always been kept in its case and never dropped. Today when I tried to use it, I noticed it would go into a constant reboot cycle for at least 3 of 4 cycles before it would fully start up. When it would stop rebooting and I try to use it any gimbal movement (large, small, fast or slow) from either the gimbal trying to maintain stability after large or fast movements, moving the gimbal with the control wheel, extension rod, pockets screen or even my iPhone when connected (usb connector or wi-fi module) the screen either on the pocket or phone lag, flash purple bars or just go grey then the whole camera crashes and reboots and even sometimes reboots a few cycles before returning to "normal" to have this process happen again. Even when the camera crashes and the screen is doing its own little thing, I still have full control of gimbal movement as well as it still maintains stabilization, but it will stop or wont record at all and sometimes won’t even shut off. I tried to recalibrate the gimbal, reset the pocket, reinstalled the mimo app on my iPhone and even tried multiple sd cards reformatting each one before trying to recreate this issue. And 99% of the time the problem with continue with just 1% of the time that I can actually film something without it completely crashing on me before I am done with the video. Is there anything else that I can try and do to fix this issue or is this something I need to get sent in? Thanks for reading this lengthy thread!

*Update*
Today I took my pocket out to see if I can make it freeze again and of course it does not want to do what it did yesterday! Could this just be a one off problem or can this continue to happen in the future?

2020-8-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there dannyboy93. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. This is not the experience we want you to have with your DJI Osmo Pocket. Kindly please try to check if the firmware of the said camera is on its latest one. If this issue keeps on persisting it would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support . We have a professional team that will do there best to check the said camera and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Thank you.
2020-8-20
Use props
daniel.a.grimmett
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-20 20:44
Hello there dannyboy93. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. This is not the experience we want you to have with your DJI Osmo Pocket. Kindly please try to check if the firmware of the said camera is on its latest one. If this issue keeps on persisting it would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support . We have a professional team that will do there best to check the said camera and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Thank you.

Hello Stephen, thanks for your reply! I checked the firmware and it is the current one for the pocket as well as a Mimo app. I have been trying the past couple days to recreate the issue I had and I still can't make the camera freeze anymore! So I am unsure if the camera just had a bad day, or if the problem will come back. Should I still contact support, or should I wait until the problem happens again?
2020-8-23
Use props
daniel.a.grimmett
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-20 20:44
Hello there dannyboy93. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. This is not the experience we want you to have with your DJI Osmo Pocket. Kindly please try to check if the firmware of the said camera is on its latest one. If this issue keeps on persisting it would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support . We have a professional team that will do there best to check the said camera and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Thank you.

Hello Stephen, thanks for your reply! I checked the firmware and it is the current one for the pocket as well as a Mimo app. I have been trying the past couple days to recreate the issue I had and I still can't make the camera freeze anymore! So I am unsure if the camera just had a bad day, or if the problem will come back. Should I still contact support, or should I wait until the problem happens again?
2020-8-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

daniel.a.grimmett@gmail.com Posted at 8-23 00:17
Hello Stephen, thanks for your reply! I checked the firmware and it is the current one for the pocket as well as a Mimo app. I have been trying the past couple days to recreate the issue I had and I still can't make the camera freeze anymore! So I am unsure if the camera just had a bad day, or if the problem will come back. Should I still contact support, or should I wait until the problem happens again?

Hi there dannyboy93. Thank you for the reply and for the additional information you have shared with us. If in case that the issue will persist in the future. It would be best to contact our DJI support team for further assessment of your DJI Osmo Pocket. Kindly please use the link above to contact our DJI Support Team. Thank you.
2020-8-25
Use props
daniel.a.grimmett
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-25 21:36
Hi there dannyboy93. Thank you for the reply and for the additional information you have shared with us. If in case that the issue will persist in the future. It would be best to contact our DJI support team for further assessment of your DJI Osmo Pocket. Kindly please use the link above to contact our DJI Support Team. Thank you.

I definitely will! Thanks again for the information and the support!
2020-8-28
Use props
daniel.a.grimmett
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-25 21:36

2020-8-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

daniel.a.grimmett@gmail.com Posted at 8-28 14:09

Hi there daniel.a.grimmett You are very much welcome and if you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2020-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules