DJI OM 4 has no sound
3764 8 2020-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GentlemanJack
New

United States

I had a pretty important event to record. My Daughter's Wedding. Assuming that a normal recording feature is sound with the video I recorded the wedding. Upon playback, there was no sound. WTW! Can u please tell me why there is no sound? Luckily we have a back up on a different video system that was being used apart from the DJI OM 4.
2020-10-24
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Are you playing it back on your phone or on a computer. I would use something like mediainfo  or gspot to check to see if video has audio
2020-10-24
Use props
GentlemanJack
New

United States

I am playing it back on my phone.
2020-10-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there GentlemanJack. Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to read that you've encountered this kind of issue with your DJI OM4. For us to be able to assist you further may we know what mobile device you are using? In addition, before using the DJI Mimo Application, was the app permissions enabled? thank you.
2020-10-25
Use props
djiuser_KC3VbcqdHysU
New

United States

I am having the same problem. No sound when recording through DJI mimo app. Video sound works fine when using camera app.
I have iPhone X, OM 4
2021-5-5
Use props
quistmaster
New

Netherlands

djiuser_KC3VbcqdHysU Posted at 5-5 17:56
I am having the same problem. No sound when recording through DJI mimo app. Video sound works fine when using camera app.
I have iPhone X, OM 4

Same here, very annoying
2021-8-31
Use props
Gameznet
lvl.2
Australia

omg all my once-in-a-lifetime videos taken today with a super large group of amazing motorbikes HAVE NO SOUND WTF?  DEVESTATED. FIX THIS ... DJI !!

I know what has happened, I used slow motion and that FUCKS up the audio,
Native camera slow motion records audio, DJI MIMO does not for some stupid reason , but even worse when you switch back to normal video it now doesnt record audio..
its been this way for so long  its disgusting.
sound works fine in the native camera app, why is this happening?
I HATE the OSMO APP, ITS PURE TRASH BECAUSE OF THIS!!  GRRRRRRRRR
2022-9-18
Use props
clfs0201
New

United States

I have the same problem.  Contacted support multiple times.  They say engineers are looking into it.  I have Osmo mobile 6 and Iphone Pro 14, all latest fw and updates
I discovered this problem too late - cant return it.  DJI, I need a fix for this or workaround now!
2023-11-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

clfs0201@gmail. Posted at 11-21 04:44
I have the same problem.  Contacted support multiple times.  They say engineers are looking into it.  I have Osmo mobile 6 and Iphone Pro 14, all latest fw and updates
I discovered this problem too late - cant return it.  DJI, I need a fix for this or workaround now!

Hi there. We're sorry if you are having issues with your unit. Please try the following steps below to further rectify the issue:

1. Make sure the video you are shooting is not a slow motion video. (In Slow Motion mode, only video will be recorded but audio will not be recorded.)
2. Make sure that enable the microphone permissions on the mobile device.  
3. If this video is playing on a mobile device, make sure to turn up the volume on the mobile device. Import the video to the computer and play it using the player to see if there is sound.
4. Check whether a third-party microphone was used when shooting the video. If so, remove the third-party microphone and shoot again to see if there is any problem.
5. Please reinstall the App and shoot again to see if it is normal.

Please keep us posted if the issue persists so we can help you further. Have a nice day.
2023-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules