Focus Wheel Does Not Calibrate - Keeps Spinning - Bad for camera?
2657 5 2021-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Parrajara
lvl.1

Canada

I have been trying to solve this issue for days and have been unable to.  I am really considering returning this gimbal.

I am trying to calibrate the focus wheel, since it is solid yellow - meaning it is connected but not calibrated.  When I press the key twice to calibrate, the wheel starts spinning... and it never stops.  It just continues spinning until it gets to a point that it gets jammed, but it doesn't just stop there, it continues vibrating uncontrollably unless I interfere.

I did calibrate my camera before with this gimbal, and I am doing everything I was doing before.  All cables are working fine and plugged in appropriately.  There is no firmware update for me to do.  So I am just stuck, out of answers on how to get this problem solved...

Hoping DJI, or anyone else can help. The way this vibrates it concerns me, I don't know if that is damaging my brand new lens.  I am afraid to continue trying because I don't want anymore vibration potentially damaging the camera.
2021-1-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, thank you for reaching out. Could you please tell us the camera & lens to us? We will help to check the setup.

Thanks in advanced.
2021-1-27
Use props
Parrajara
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-27 05:39
Hello there, thank you for reaching out. Could you please tell us the camera & lens to us? We will help to check the setup.

Thanks in advanced.

Hi Wanda,

I am using a sony a6400 and I have tried it with three lenses.  It was initially working with the Sony 16-50mm f3.5-5.6 OSS lens, but it no longer does.  I also tried it with a Sigma 16mm f1.4 and a Sony Fe 85mm F1.8.

I appreciate you looking into this, and I will be attentive to hear back from you.  Thank you
2021-1-28
Use props
jox2000
lvl.2
Austria

try holding the cylindrical  wheel on the motor to give it a bigger resistance. worked for me...
2021-1-29
Use props
Parrajara
lvl.1

Canada

jox2000 Posted at 1-29 17:22
try holding the cylindrical  wheel on the motor to give it a bigger resistance. worked for me...

Thank you. I tried that, but had no luck.  

Hoping Wanda has a response for me soon.
2021-1-31
Use props
djiuser_lvLbCrMgou15
New

United States

jox2000 Posted at 2021-1-29 17:22
try holding the cylindrical  wheel on the motor to give it a bigger resistance. worked for me...

Thanks! This worked perfectly!! The dji support seems non existent so thank you for taking the time to provide this ez fix.
2023-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules