1713 11 2021-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mims
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

Over the last couple weeks, I've been having problems with signal loss. I'm' less than 100 feet from the drone, antenna properly aligned, and I'm in the middle of nowhere (no interference). I get the image lost error, but the FPV camera is still transmitting. I wait a bit (maybe 30 seconds or so) and the image comes back. Here's the kicker: If I'm recording during the loss of video, the recording stops (not regular behavior). I'm thinking that the X5S is crashing and restarting mid-flight. Is this a new firmware issue? Any fixes or suggestions?
2021-1-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Most likely bad contact(s) on gimbal socket or cables going further to main control module. May require vibration mount replacement.
2021-1-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Mims. Thanks for reaching out! Our apologies to read about the difficulties you're encountering. We recommend uninstalling the X5S and installing it back. While doing so, please inspect whether the socket has no sign of damage or corrosion. Performing firmware refresh via the DJI Assistant 2 might also help. Kindly keep us updated.
2021-1-30
Use props
Mims
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-30 03:42
Hi, Mims. Thanks for reaching out! Our apologies to read about the difficulties you're encountering. We recommend uninstalling the X5S and installing it back. While doing so, please inspect whether the socket has no sign of damage or corrosion. Performing firmware refresh via the DJI Assistant 2 might also help. Kindly keep us updated.

Thank you both for your responses. Didn't see any corrosion on the socket, but I blew it clean anyway. Did the firmware refresh, and had absolutely not problems during the weekend flight. I'm hoping that my problem is solved. Thanks!
2021-1-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mims Posted at 1-31 18:07
Thank you both for your responses. Didn't see any corrosion on the socket, but I blew it clean anyway. Did the firmware refresh, and had absolutely not problems during the weekend flight. I'm hoping that my problem is solved. Thanks!

That's great to know and glad that it was all sorted out.
2021-1-31
Use props
Mims
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So the bird sat for a few weeks (winter), and I took it out last week. Seems to have the same problem again. Any suggestions?
2021-3-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Mims Posted at 3-19 17:57
So the bird sat for a few weeks (winter), and I took it out last week. Seems to have the same problem again. Any suggestions?

Post #2 ...
2021-3-20
Use props
Mims
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks, Matthew! I tried replicating the problem on the ground. I would *assume* that if I quickly turn the drone on the ground that it would create the issue again. I couldn't get it to happen. Seems to only happen when recording.
2021-3-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Mims Posted at 3-20 11:21
Thanks, Matthew! I tried replicating the problem on the ground. I would *assume* that if I quickly turn the drone on the ground that it would create the issue again. I couldn't get it to happen. Seems to only happen when recording.

It is difficult to diagnose the cause since it happens intermittently. I can only suggest repeating video recordings with Inspire sitting on a table. Start recording with motors shut down and observe. Start the motors idling and observe recording/video feed, shake the drone/table (avoiding spinning props LOL), repeat several times. It's not a FW issue ... Bad contact is my guess, but investigating this will require a major teardown of Inspire ...
2021-3-21
Use props
Steele702
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3876775 ft
  • >>>
United States

Resurrecting this post as I am having the exact same problem. I recently had to replace the battery mount, so I’m going to open’ em up again and double check the wire seating. How often should one replace the vibration plate?
2023-3-5
Use props
djiuser_4KEddSymOEBC
lvl.1

United States

Having the same exact issue mentioned, but with the X7 gimbal on Inspire 2.
2023-9-18
Use props
Steele702
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3876775 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_4KEddSymOEBC Posted at 9-18 06:18
Having the same exact issue mentioned, but with the X7 gimbal on Inspire 2.

Mine turned out to be lose wiring …
2023-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules