Vision Sensor Error with brand new Air 2S
26231 59 2021-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
osavcic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155614 ft
Montenegro

Hello, I have just buy air 2s combo and on the first flight I am getting "Backward vision error Auto calibration in progress... (Code: 180002). After turn off and on drone message disappear. On the second flight on altitude about 10m the same message pop up. Just to mention. I did all recommended steps eg. reinstall again and calibrate sensor on PC with DJI Assistant 2 software. Any suggestion would help...
Screenshot_20211208_100804_dji.go.v5.jpg Screenshot_20211208_101015_dji.go.v5.jpg

2021-12-10
Use props
fans7684ced6
New

Montenegro

Well, because of your handsome software engineers I had a big accident with my DJI Mavic Air 2S which almost fallen to abyss of the river canyon because the sensor didn't detected a tree. I will not mention thanks to God only scratches I got from climbing downside from rocks. Where I can report this issue and request compensation?
2021-12-14
Use props
djiuser_k3xQwqo32LTR
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi I have the same problem  2 weeks I not fly my drone and today I try turn it on   I do update software because was recommended from dji company and right now drone not working black screen.... 1400 pounds and not working first problem was 5 weeks ago with battery with completely stop working  DJI sent me new battery  great
Screenshot_20211216-221541.jpg
2021-12-16
Use props
vice350z
lvl.1

United States

Same here...christmas gift for my bro. First few flights fine. Tried later on and all of a sudden red/green flashing on the back and the app showing issues with sensors. Will try deleting app in the morning and see what happens. Weird thing was it updated the firmware upon activating. Hours later when we took it out gain there was another update all of a sudden...and since then..issues.
2021-12-25
Use props
djiuser_upNzYz3SHUJA
New

United States

I don't think it's fair to be charged or have to use the DJI refresh to replace a software issue. These are not user errors and DJI should replace the drones and refund anyone with this related issue. Plus, my drone did not give a warning that the battery was low (it should have RTH) but just dropped out of the sky. The sensor error and no low battery warning. Smh! A $1,000 drone should not have this issue. I have never experienced this with the Air 2.  
2022-1-5
Use props
fans375c6f24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 310322 ft
New Zealand

I've had similar issues since updating to the latest firmware, backwards sensors constantly beeping, no objects anywhere near me, nice clear sky, max altitude.... Today I also had the "Backward vision error Auto calibration in progress... (Code: 180002)" which went away. Followed all the advice given in this thread, uninstalled the DJI Fly app, refreshed firmware via Assistant, calibrated sensors...... still the same.
2022-1-9
Use props
djiuser_6e0WeZ7TaCzY
lvl.1

Australia

Purchased the Air 2s around a mth ago.  I have had it up in the air almost every day. I also have just now, started to receive the sensor warning and a gimble over heating warning. WTF . Did anyone get a fix to this?
2022-3-9
Use props
OSHP367
lvl.1
United States

I purchased my Air 2S and tested it inside the office due to the bad weather here in Ohio.  It seemed great.  I just ran a quick test flight before I need it for work tomorrow and after a few minutes of flight I get a Rear Vision Sensor Calibration Error.  Has there been a fix for this problem yet???
2022-3-9
Use props
djiuser_02pR1iAdONAV
New

Israel

DJI Paladin Posted at 2021-6-12 19:33
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly app on your mobile device to see if the issue persists? If you still receive the error message, kindly please download the DJI Assistant 2 software and update/refresh the firmware of the aircraft then calibrate the vision sensor using the software. In addition, IMU calibration might also help this one. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Hi and good day.
I am also encountering this issue of flying my drone and reading a sensor error eith the backwards, upwards. It geta frustrated cause I have just a little less than two hours on the drone. Thanks for the cooperation.  
2022-3-29
Use props
btframework
Second Officer
Flight distance : 887461 ft
Belarus

OSHP367 Posted at 3-9 12:42
I purchased my Air 2S and tested it inside the office due to the bad weather here in Ohio.  It seemed great.  I just ran a quick test flight before I need it for work tomorrow and after a few minutes of flight I get a Rear Vision Sensor Calibration Error.  Has there been a fix for this problem yet???

The problem can easy be fixed by simple calibrating the sensors in DJI Assistant 2. I do it after each firmware update and have no on problem.

Download DJI Assistant 2 for customer from DJI site, connect your drone to PC and follow calibration step. It is easy and takes just a few minutes. Also you can see if any of the sensor does not work at all in that app (it shows what sensor sees in the apps bottom left coner).
2022-3-29
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 688652 ft
Australia

Did you update the firmareware using the DJI Fly ap? If so, try again on your PC using DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)
2022-3-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_02pR1iAdONAV Posted at 3-29 17:59
Hi and good day.
I am also encountering this issue of flying my drone and reading a sensor error eith the backwards, upwards. It geta frustrated cause I have just a little less than two hours on the drone. Thanks for the cooperation.

Hello. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please confirm if the drone experience a hard landing or crash? Please follow the troubleshooting above and check if there's any changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2022-3-31
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13686729 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gaetano Caracciolo Posted at 2021-8-23 11:56
Today my drone crashed alone and after restarting have this issue

Let me try to understand this. You crashed your drone and you want "Amazon to refund me or change the drone"?

That's interesting and good luck with that one.
2022-4-1
Use props
djiuser_1Cx0GHK8ewaJ
New

United States

djiuser_VFJ1ZaoyMHDv Posted at 2021-7-5 19:26
Hello, how are you? I also have the same problem, practically since I updated the firmware, I think I have to wait for Dji to solve the firmware failure.[Image]

You already have a solution?
2022-12-13
Use props
Robert129
lvl.1

Canada

Am farily new to the Air 2S, if the vison sensors need calibrating, will I get an error message?  Is it neccessary to calibrate sensors otherwise.  Thank you.  Bob
2023-6-19
Use props
dawoud35
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105709 ft

United Kingdom

fans6745c67f Posted at 2021-7-27 08:50
Original poster here... I have to say, I received very good customer service from DJI. They sent me a UPS label to send the drone in for repair, and 2 hours after they received it they sent out a new one to me (I could see it in the package tracking history). The new drone I received works fine. I am located in Europe.

Was it for free?
2023-6-20
Use props
dawoud35
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2021-11-19 05:47
Thank you for your response. The DJI Assistant 2 software are only available for PC and Mac. It is not compatible for mobile devices. Thank you.

The same is happening to me. When i try calibrating the sensors, the button to calibrate, which shows after the tutorial, is just grey and isn't loading. I tried on 2 laptops. Maybe because I am doing it on a computer screen and not a Monitor. Any reason why this is happening.
2023-6-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

dawoud35 Posted at 6-20 11:39
The same is happening to me. When i try calibrating the sensors, the button to calibrate, which shows after the tutorial, is just grey and isn't loading. I tried on 2 laptops. Maybe because I am doing it on a computer screen and not a Monitor. Any reason why this is happening.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific drone are you currently using? Also, please confirm what happened prior to the sensor error, does the unit experience a hard landing? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-22
Use props
dawoud35
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-22 02:11
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific drone are you currently using? Also, please confirm what happened prior to the sensor error, does the unit experience a hard landing? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi, thank you for replying. I bought my DJI Air 2S on 18/05/23 and i have no problems so far and havent crashed it once. However yesterday I had a problem with the drone. When I put the drone in obstacle bypass mode, the drone starts to malfunction and moves in random directions when i move the control stick even though there are no objects within 10 or 20m of the drone. For example, when I put the (forward/backward) control stick, the drone accelerates forward but also at the same time goes upwards and bit to thre right. When I put the control backwards it goes random ways as well. However, when i turn obstacle avoidance sensors off or in brake mode, the drone functions fine. Nothing else is wrong with the drone though.

At first, I thought the problem was with the controller so i callibrated the RC, the IMU and the compass. However, none of this worked. So i figured the problem was with the sensors. Next, I tried wiping the sensors but still no change. Finally, I searched my problem and I was lead to callibrate the obstacle avoidance sensors. I have downloaded the DJI assistant app and connected the drone through a usbc cable. However the callibrate button is just grey and has a loading symbol on it. It doesn't let me click it. I do not know how to fix my drone now. Please can tell me how to fix my drone or even how to fix the callibration issue I am experiencing.
Thanks
2023-6-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

dawoud35 Posted at 6-25 12:00
Hi, thank you for replying. I bought my DJI Air 2S on 18/05/23 and i have no problems so far and havent crashed it once. However yesterday I had a problem with the drone. When I put the drone in obstacle bypass mode, the drone starts to malfunction and moves in random directions when i move the control stick even though there are no objects within 10 or 20m of the drone. For example, when I put the (forward/backward) control stick, the drone accelerates forward but also at the same time goes upwards and bit to thre right. When I put the control backwards it goes random ways as well. However, when i turn obstacle avoidance sensors off or in brake mode, the drone functions fine. Nothing else is wrong with the drone though.

At first, I thought the problem was with the controller so i callibrated the RC, the IMU and the compass. However, none of this worked. So i figured the problem was with the sensors. Next, I tried wiping the sensors but still no change. Finally, I searched my problem and I was lead to callibrate the obstacle avoidance sensors. I have downloaded the DJI assistant app and connected the drone through a usbc cable. However the callibrate button is just grey and has a loading symbol on it. It doesn't let me click it. I do not know how to fix my drone now. Please can tell me how to fix my drone or even how to fix the callibration issue I am experiencing.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for this unpleasant experience. Please try to change the resolution of the screen to see if the issue persists. It is recommended to use a monitor with a size of 14 inches or more, and a curved screen is not supposed to be used. Set the display resolution to the recommended value (usually 14 inches for 1366*768 or 1440*900; 17 inches for 1366*768 or 1280*720; 19 inches for 1366*768 or 1440*900; 22 inches for 1680) *1050 or 1920*1080; 24 inches for 1920*1080 or 1920*1200). You may also try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 software on your PC and please install the version showing on the link below. Please keep us posted with the result. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2023-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules