Mavic 3 video is jittery, strobi, not smooth
7447 52 2021-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 2-22 23:00
Hassleblad is not a video camera manufacturer.
They make great lenses.

Perhaps you should check out the Hasselblad H6D-100C : https://www.hasselblad.com/h-system/h6d-100c/ It can shoot 4K RAW......

Take a loook at the data sheet.
2022-2-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Geebax Posted at 2-23 14:36
Perhaps you should check out the Hasselblad H6D-100C : https://www.hasselblad.com/h-system/h6d-100c/ It can shoot 4K RAW......

Take a loook at the data sheet.

Yeah, I know that one.
It was developed with Sony.
Released in 2016, if I'm not mistaken.
Hasselblad itself has very limited track record when it comes to making video camera's, they are better in making lenses.

Not that it shows in the DJI lenses unfortunately.
But I don't blame them, these small, lightweight lenses have to make sacrifices in quality. Otherwise the weight would have to be just way too much for a (consumer) drone.

2022-2-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 2-23 23:18
Yeah, I know that one.
It was developed with Sony.
Released in 2016, if I'm not mistaken.

It is good you understand the economics of making a drone camera, most don't. In fact, many people have totally unrealistic expectations for the DJI drone cameras, especially considering they cost only mere tens of dollars to produce, yet the expect them to perform like high-cost DSLRs.

2022-2-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Geebax Posted at 2-26 16:45
It is good you understand the economics of making a drone camera, most don't. In fact, many people have totally unrealistic expectations for the DJI drone cameras, especially considering they cost only mere tens of dollars to produce, yet the expect them to perform like high-cost DSLRs.

2022-2-27
Use props
djiuser_FhTQNkgDu0fe
New

United States

Same jittery results in my magic mini pro 3. Gimbal also makes this unpleasant whine noise constantly now.
2022-10-7
Use props
djiuser_wW64ua23iZ8O
New
Australia

I found that if recording to an sd card... check that the card is up to scratch and capable of recording 4k video
2022-10-14
Use props
David the Drone
lvl.1

United States

CHECK the FRAME RATE of the FOOTAGE vs YOUR PROJECT TIMELINE.

Ive had this problem and the solve for me was I noticed it only happens on my 60p footage on 24fps timeline. When I changed my timeline to 30fps, it fixed it immediately, which makes sense because 60p on 24p timeline is going to drop one of every 6 frames hence the strobiness.

Bottom line: make sure your timeline is divisible by a whole number into your footage frame rate
(i.e. 24p timeline / 24p footage = 1 =Good)
(30p timeline / 60p  footage = 2 = Good)
(24p timeline / 60p footage = 2.5 = Bad)
2022-11-19
Use props
djiuser_Maz32BDD8cS9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 407159 ft
Vietnam

Guys, how do you like this problem at mavik 3?

https://youtu.be/k5ub6luv8P4
2022-12-2
Use props
The_Death_Angel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 134062 ft
Australia

I just my Mavic 3 and I am noticed this after watching a few videos. After all these years does anyone have a solution to the problem?
2023-3-25
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi The Death Angel / All,

I personally don't have any issues with stuttering of any of the videos shot on Mavic 3. Imho It is miles ahead in terms of video quality and functionality of my previous drones including Mavic 2 Pro. I usually film in 5.1k 50fps and transcode to 4k 50fps in Davinci Resolve. I think David the Drone above said it all about choosing a proper timeline for your exporting in regards to frame rate and appropriate timeline choosing. The only thing I've experienced is micro stuttering of any video above 4k with my old computer running on Intel x299 platform with intel core i9-10980xe cpu. Ever since I upgraded to AMD Ryzen 9 7950x , 5.1k now plays very smooth.  Hope this helps.

Take care, Mike.      
2023-3-25
Use props
mapyx2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17730 ft
Italy

M3M (Enterprise) Same issue.
2-15 08:54
Use props
mapyx2
lvl.2
Italy

I have the same issue with my MAVIC 3 ENTERPRISE M3M
The video seems to have problems due more to the mechanical shutter than to an SD storage speed problem. I tried a Micro SD V90 which has triple the speed required for storing 4K video.
Furthermore, it is not possible to change the FPS: only 29.9 fps, whether recording in 4K or 2K.
Furthermore, I noticed that videos recorded in FullHD really suck, it seems like very compressed VHS quality (here too there are no settings to adjust anything). Incredible but the Mini 3 Pro is far superior in quality.
This doesn't make sense.
2-15 09:00
Use props
mapyx2
lvl.2
Italy

P.s. This is not a GPU playback.
I have a i9 12th , 64gb ram and A4000 gpu
Playback is a joke
2-16 04:30
Use props