Any option for FAST EXIF removal? GPS/location removal...
548 3 2022-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Onl0oker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120722 ft
United States

So I'm aware of exiftool and some basic parameters suchs as

exiftool -all= 100MEDIA -overwrite_original_in_place

To strip all exif info from the images/video; but whatever method this most popular tool uses seems to rewrite the file; and with large files 'on microsd'; it seems to rewrite everything(takes a long time on my borderline speed SD)... Does anyone know of a fast tool that just zero's out the exif information so the total file size is not changed; info is just gone?  Or any other suggestions for not recording the info in the first place etc?

I see GPS location is stored in at least 4 places in the average .mp4 file; and it is not removed with windows explorer 'remove all' tool;  I see a subtitle track with loads of information; is GPS stored in that as well?

Cheers.

2022-1-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Onl0oker. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out what tool they are using and the best recommendation with regards to this inquiry. Thank you.

2022-1-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use exifpurge from www.exifpurge.com
2022-1-2
Use props
Onl0oker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120722 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-2 01:51
I use exifpurge from www.exifpurge.com

Thanks, Is it fairly instantanious ? Like a 4GB video file; select it' remove' and it is 'done'?  My exiftool is taking 2x+ longer than it takes to copy a 4GB file.

2022-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules