P4P V1 Controller won't connect to Ipad Air 4
1771 5 2022-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D.E.P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78852 ft
Indonesia

Hi, I had an issue connecting my P4P V1 controller to my iPad Air 4.
Recently I upgraded my old iPad Air 2 to newer iPad Air 4. But apparently my new iPad won't detect the connection to the P4P controller and in the app always showed "Disconnected". Are there any solution to this problem? I've already tried 6 different USB-C to USB-A cables but nothing seems worked. I've also tried 4 different USB-C female to USB-A male adapter with a bunch of different USB-C to USB-C cables, the result was same, the iPad seems won't connect to the controller. Too bad, i've already sold my old iPad Air 2 and now my P4P is grounded until this issue is fixed.

Any solutions or suggestions for this problem?
Thank you.

2022-1-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there D.E.P. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist. Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPad Air 4 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro and on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI drone and on the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4  application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPad Air 4 will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the said DJI Drone we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on your DJI drone. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/phantom-4-pro ) . Thank you.
2022-1-13
Use props
rob585
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-13 19:55
Hello there D.E.P. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist. Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPad Air 4 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro and on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI drone and on the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4  application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPad Air 4 will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the said DJI Drone we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on your DJI drone. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/phantom-4-pro ) . Thank you.

Hi- I have just bought a new P4 and I have only just seen those list of supported devices. That list is so old that its hard to buy them.  E.g you newest Samsung you list is the S9, thats nearly 4 years old.  I can't even buy one of those new anymore -I have to look for second hand shops!

Is the P4 therefore "end of life" - do you no longer support it?

Thanks
2022-1-14
Use props
D.E.P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78852 ft
Indonesia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-13 19:55
Hello there D.E.P. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist. Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPad Air 4 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro and on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI drone and on the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4  application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPad Air 4 will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and for the said DJI Drone we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on your DJI drone. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/phantom-4-pro ) . Thank you.

Hi DJI Stephen, thank you for your reply.

So basically you said that in the future there is no chance that the iPad Air 4 will be compatible with the P4P V1? And so there is no other way than using old mobile devices that DJI listed as supported devices? So disappointed...
2022-1-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

D.E.P Posted at 1-15 03:04
Hi DJI Stephen, thank you for your reply.

So basically you said that in the future there is no chance that the iPad Air 4 will be compatible with the P4P V1? And so there is no other way than using old mobile devices that DJI listed as supported devices? So disappointed...

Hi there D.E.P. Thank you for the reply and for this information. Wit regards to this information, rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Go 4 application in the future. Thank you.
2022-1-18
Use props
ALDavid
lvl.1

United States

Hello DJI
I just purchased a new iPad Pro and trying to connect it to Phantom 4 controller. In your list of "said" devices, it lists iPad Pro. I have deleted and reinstalled the DJI 4.0 app as recommended in another thread. How can it be that an iPad that's 3 years old will work and an iPhone 12 that's about a year old will work, but not a new and improved iPad Pro?
Will there be an update to the app?

Thanks
2022-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules